Basketball PSU Hoops HC Shrewsberry wraps up season, points focus toward 2022-23

mralph59

Staff Writer
Staff
Nov 1, 2021
State College, Pennsylvania
For the final time as part of the 2021-22 season, Micah Shrewsberry talked with the media Tuesday. He discussed what he like about Year 1, his plans for the transfer portal and who he expects to ahve back on his roster next year. Check it out:

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
If Myles and Sam come back we could have a team as good as or better than this years team as long as a couple FR step up and we get a solid contributor in the front court via the portal.

Reactions: NedFromYork

mralph59

Staff Writer
Staff
Nov 1, 2021
If Myles and Sam come back we could have a team as good as or better than this years team as long as a couple FR step up and we get a solid contributor in the front court via the portal.
Team could certainly do some damage offensively with Sessoms and Dread back, but that frontcourt hole is brutal. Not to mention the leadership lost with Harrar gone. You won't find that rebounding again. A portal pickup in the frontcourt will be extremely important.

Reactions: Ski

Erial_Lion

Nov 23, 2015
Our issue now becomes that if Myles and Sam both come back, we have no scholarships left for a transfer unless someone else transfers out. I think getting a 5 in the portal is key…but to do so, either someone like Dorsey needs to xfer out, someone like Myles needs to move on, or a freshman needs to delay enrollment.

mralph59

Staff Writer
Staff
Nov 1, 2021
Our issue now becomes that if Myles and Sam both come back, we have no scholarships left for a transfer unless someone else transfers out. I think getting a 5 in the portal is key…but to do so, either someone like Dorsey needs to xfer out, someone like Myles needs to move on, or a freshman needs to delay enrollment.
As far as I know, there would be one scholarship spot remaining even if those two take the extra year. Would leave room to pick up a veteran big man, backed up by Scott, Dorsey + pair of freshman bigs. In my opinion, a Day 1 junior or senior big is the only major hole on the roster.

Erial_Lion

Nov 23, 2015
As far as I know, there would be one scholarship spot remaining even if those two take the extra year. Would leave room to pick up a veteran big man, backed up by Scott, Dorsey + pair of freshman bigs. In my opinion, a Day 1 junior or senior big is the only major hole on the roster.
You're right...I was looking at the RLR scholarship matrix, but they have Dread listed twice...that does make me feel a little better then about our situation. I'd love to snag the big from Lafayette, as he seems like a very good "like-for-like" replacement for Harrar.

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001

IMO, Scott with some polishing will pick up a lot of the slack with Harrar gone. We effectively played a 4 guard offense this year. I don't see it changing year with Dread a guard playing the small forward position.