ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Hoops - Brian Daly Out

lattydaddy

Jan 8, 2014
as an assistant. going back to philly.

i didn't read where but i wouldn't be surprised if it was either UPenn (friends w/ the new coach) or high school

the job posting on PSU's career website has the position listed as Level J - which means 40-87K salary band with a midpoint of 64K. Is that really what we pay our assistants?! I don't know about other programs, but that seems insanely low, but that wouldn't surprise me..

Steve Donahue has filled his staff at UPenn. Maybe Daly returns to a Philly high school head coaching job, and Brett Brown has a recent staff opening with the Philly Sixers

the job posting on PSU's career website has the position listed as Level J - which means 40-87K salary band with a midpoint of 64K. Is that really what we pay our assistants?! I don't know about other programs, but that seems insanely low, but that wouldn't surprise me..

If Chambers plans to hire a relatively inexperienced coach (and give Dwayne Anderson a nice raise upon Daly's departure), that might make some sense. However, I wouldn't count on the J-level salary structure being enforced with Daly's replacement.

Best wishes to Brian Daly.

Steve Donahue has filled his staff at UPenn. Maybe Daly returns to a Philly high school head coaching job, and Brett Brown has a recent staff opening with the Philly Sixers

ha. he was pretty highly-criticized for the big man development, or lackthereof, at penn state. nothing against the guy, but i'm pretty sure Brett Brown ain't knocking on his door...

Did not know that about Steve Donahue. Thanks for the heads up.

regardless, thanks Brian for your service at Penn State. Best wishes in your future endeavors.

as an assistant. going back to philly.

i didn't read where but i wouldn't be surprised if it was either UPenn (friends w/ the new coach) or high school
Looks like he is primarily interested in getting back to living with his family.

ADVERTISEMENT