ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Frat expose just aired on the national (tv) news -

Re: Weird, how about the hockey team? Are they real men?...

Originally posted by Aoshiro:

Originally posted by psute:

Originally posted by Pardlion:

Actually, what should happen is that an investigation should be conducted and the facts should come out. If the situation is as you describe, then I'm sure one or more prosecutions will occur.
Exactly right. But it is fun to see reactions from the people who immediately try to seize the moral high ground and scold some of us because of their superior judgement in the early stages of an evolving investigation. Sounds familiar to me...
What BS.

Here is what you wrote:
Young men sharing nudie pictures? I'm aghast ! They need to face a PC firing squad !!!

Don't try to pretend that you suggested that this was no big deal.
I did not quote you or make a personal attack on you. I merely pointed out that jumping to conclusions to prove one's moral superiority before any facts are in the legal record is not in the best interest of anyone involved. This has become readily apparent on this board due to the actions of a single individual staining an entire University...

You're right--your reading was erroneous. I went back and read my posts, which incidentally were the most sensible ones on the entire thread, and they don't say what you say you claim you think they said.

And FWIW, "deaffiliating" from a frat after the fact isn't going to save anyone from criminal prosecution, so the comment makes no sense.

Originally posted by LionFan96:
Frats are complete and utter cesspools. I didn't belong to a frat in college (I was recruited to join 2, but I never felt the need to buy friends), but my college girlfriend and 4 out of her 5 closest friends were sexually assaulted at frats - 80% is a staggering number for a single group of girls. When you get idiots like pardlion, an obvious ex-frat boy, defending the frats and practically condoning the behavior, that's proof positive of the mentality of most of the frat boys in my experience. I have emphasized to my step-daughter time and time again that if she listens to me about one thing and one thing only, it's to avoid frats like the plague. Sure, they do some good like THON, but there is a complete misconception that doing some good means being a complete ahole is ok. Even the worst people in history have done some good in their life, it doesn't excuse the bad. IMO, shut them all down and let the boys who inhabit them buy their friends in other ways.

Let the bashing by ex and current frat boys begin, thereby further proving my point.
LionFan96: There's no need for anyone (fraternity member or not) to bash you, because you have already demonstrated your comprehensive ignorance quite publicly. You condemn something of which you have no personal knowledge, and you cite your dubious anecdote ("my college girlfriend and 4 out of her 5 closest friends were sexually assaulted at frats") as conclusive proof that fraternities are "utter cesspools." No doubt you were among those condemning the Phi Psi chapter at UVA prior to the disclosure that the recent well publicized "rape" did not happen.

You didn't belong to a fraternity in college. (Color me amazed at THAT one,) It seems obvious that you are still nurturing wounded feelings over it. LOL.....

You obviously are lying about being asked to join two frats, in fact it's obvious you didn't even go to college because you can't read.

This post was edited on 3/17 9:10 PM by Pardlion

You made a joke about these allegations. OK, so you have

already formed your opinion. If it seems to you that I am being morally superior when I say that what you posted was scummy and wrong, then maybe I am. But if, morally, my position is superior to yours then that is going to be your impression, isn't it?

There is not a damned thing funny about any of this. If you don't like that too bad.
This post was edited on 3/17 9:15 PM by demlion

Originally posted by psute:

I did not quote you or make a personal attack on you. I merely pointed out that jumping to conclusions to prove one's moral superiority before any facts are in the legal record is not in the best interest of anyone involved. This has become readily apparent on this board due to the actions of a single individual staining an entire University...
You did no such thing. You tried to make it sound like these aren't serious allegations.

I don't know if the allegations are true or not, but you have to be a seriously defective moral compass to think that what they are accused of doing is nothing more than "Young men sharing nudie pictures."

They are accused of taking pictures of women in compromising positions without the knowledge or permission of those women and sharing them on the internet. What kind of person pretends that's no big deal?

ADVERTISEMENT