ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Frat expose just aired on the national (tv) news -

The news du jour is reporting on frat transgressions.

The article I read at least did not bring up Sandusky.

Yep. The national news cycle has picked this up

Surprised it didn't happen sooner to be honest.

Demlion called in. Said he thinks that thousands of underage girls were drugged and hardcore pics posted on internet. Recommends executing all frat boys within the next 24 hours.

Pardlion called in to say his daughter would not have passed out at the

frat. But at the same time, he does not know if they were passed out OR at the frat at the time of the photos, except by reading the same article which he says we cannot rely upon to raise questions about the frat boys.

He knows exactly what the women did that is blameworthy, but the frat boys he is giving the benefit of the doubt.

and yet there are 6.5mm Americans over age 112, nobody talks about that**

++

Re: Did they open with a photo montage of Beaver Stadium...

and the football team?
Just wondering since thats how the newsprint media decided to show it.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

How many are collecting social security?:)**

antidisestablishmentarianism

Re: Pardlion called in to say his daughter would not have passed out at the

Originally posted by demlion:
frat. But at the same time, he does not know if they were passed out OR at the frat at the time of the photos, except by reading the same article which he says we cannot rely upon to raise questions about the frat boys.

He knows exactly what the women did that is blameworthy, but the frat boys he is giving the benefit of the doubt.
Also, demlion called back and said that this is all Joe Paterno's fault, and Joe's statue should be melted down and made into little knives that should be used to stab jocks and frat boys in the eyes.

Re: Pardlion called in to say his daughter would not have passed out at the

Originally posted by Pardlion:

Originally posted by demlion:

Also, demlion called back and said that this is all Joe Paterno's fault, and Joe's statue should be melted down and made into little knives that should be used to stab jocks and frat boys in the eyes.
C'mon guys, cool it. Isn't your on-going spat in the other thread enough, you have to pollute this one as well? Grow up.

I've hear 100% are !!! Just think about that 6.5mm people over 112 are on

Social Security!!! Why not cut off anyone at that age, find out who screams, and take it from there!!! Just dont sent out a check for anyone over age 100!! And see what happens!

Here's the deal: Frat boys are not real men. Never have been.

Facebook? Photos of girls passed out?

C'mon. No wonder it takes two frat boys to equal a GDI.

Weird, how about the hockey team? Are they real men?...

the idea that the Fraternity has anything to do with this is absurd. I knew of several "groups" doing this when I was at PSU.

No cell phone cameras back then so less obvious.

LdN

Re: Weird, how about the hockey team? Are they real men?...

Young men sharing nudie pictures? I'm aghast ! They need to face a PC firing squad !!!

Originally posted by psute:
Young men sharing nudie pictures? I'm aghast ! They need to face a PC firing squad !!!
If you are taking nude pics of a woman without her consent and posting them on the Internet you need to go to jail.

Are there really people who don't understand this?

Originally posted by Aoshiro:

If you are taking nude pics of a woman without her consent and posting them on the Internet you need to go to jail.

Are there really people who don't understand this?
A few years ago, a young woman at a San Jose area house party drank too much and passed out in the bedroom of the house where the party was going on. A number of young men proceeded to sexually assault her, and then posted nude pictures of her (several while being subjected to the assault) all over the internet. Shortly thereafter, she committed suicide. That led to California passing legislation criminalizing the posting of such pictures.

According to an NBC report, these KDR members put up a first Facebook site (entitled "Covert Business Operations") that was taken down when a female student saw a topless photo of herself on the site.. They thereafter started a new site (entitled "2.0") to do the same thing. These kids should be prosecuted, not defended (except by their legal counsel).

Here is the link to the NBC report:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/penn-state-fraternity-kappa-delta-rho-suspended-scandalous-facebook-page-n325176 .

Actually, what should happen is that an investigation should be conducted and the facts should come out. If the situation is as you describe, then I'm sure one or more prosecutions will occur.

Let's be clear. frat boys are not the same as fraternity men**

Penn State's greek system, as I knew it, was comprised mostly of fraternities and not frats... Ther is a big difference imho

Actually, what should happen is that an investigation should be conducted and the facts should come out. If the situation is as you describe, then I'm sure one or more prosecutions will occur.
Exactly right. But it is fun to see reactions from the people who immediately try to seize the moral high ground and scold some of us because of their superior judgement in the early stages of an evolving investigation. Sounds familiar to me...

Check out the article on cnn.com. As expected, a small-minded idiot from snap is connecting sandusky to kdr and is making sweeping generalizations about the PSU culture.

Exactly right. But it is fun to see reactions from the people who immediately try to seize the moral high ground and scold some of us because of their superior judgement in the early stages of an evolving investigation. Sounds familiar to me...
What BS.

Here is what you wrote:

Don't try to pretend that you suggested that this was no big deal.

Re: The news du jour is reporting on frat transgressions.

"The article I read at least did not bring up Sandusky."

It didn't have too.

the connection is automatically made.

This post was edited on 3/17 7:42 PM by bmusser24

where is /was KDR? I'm familiar with the following streets in declining

Order of familiarity.

College, Beaver, foster and then Fairmont ( there's nothing worth living in as a student past Fairmont). Going the other direction, I vaguely remember the following ...Locust, Fraternity Row and Garner.

Where exactly is this deviant Greek house of felonies?

This post was edited on 3/17 7:49 PM by Peetz Pool Boy

Re: where is /was KDR? I'm familiar with the following streets in declining

East Prospect across from Pi Kappa Alpha.

East Prospect and what? I've heard of Pi Kappa Alpha but couldn't locate i

You gave Me the P and the K . Where is PKA and more importantly, KDR?

Re: East Prospect and what? I've heard of Pi Kappa Alpha but couldn't locate i

Just off of Garner St. #14 on the map found here on p. 8.

This post was edited on 3/17 8:10 PM by mn78psu83

Originally posted by 9fold:
Check out the article on cnn.com. As expected, a small-minded idiot from snap is connecting sandusky to kdr and is making sweeping generalizations about the PSU culture.
The frat is the lead story on cnn.com currently. Here is what the schmuck from snap said:

"In a statement, David Clohessy, director of the St. Louis-based Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, or SNAP, said the latest allegations call into question the university's handling of sex crime reports.

"For years now, Penn State enthusiasts have repeatedly reassured everyone who'd listen that the university's problematic culture about sex crimes had been 'reformed," Clohessy said. "The latest allegations -- that a fraternity members posted nude pictures of women on Facebook, some of whom appeared to be sleeping or passed out -- raise serious doubts about those claims."

And then:

"The Kappa Delta Rho is a wake up call," Clohessy said. "But the Sandusky case should have been a wake up call too."

A football coach who retired in 1999 and who did sexually assault a child on campus in 2001 and this frat in 2015 are related?

For years? How many "Penn State enthusiasts" have talked about reform?

If Penn State takes action to prevent a sandusky incident on campus, that is going to prevent frat students from being perverts off-campus?

I have no patience for bloviating morons who oversimplify a complex matter by tying together unrelated incidents just to grandstand.

Frats are complete and utter cesspools. I didn't belong to a frat in college (I was recruited to join 2, but I never felt the need to buy friends), but my college girlfriend and 4 out of her 5 closest friends were sexually assaulted at frats - 80% is a staggering number for a single group of girls. When you get idiots like pardlion, an obvious ex-frat boy, defending the frats and practically condoning the behavior, that's proof positive of the mentality of most of the frat boys in my experience. I have emphasized to my step-daughter time and time again that if she listens to me about one thing and one thing only, it's to avoid frats like the plague. Sure, they do some good like THON, but there is a complete misconception that doing some good means being a complete ahole is ok. Even the worst people in history have done some good in their life, it doesn't excuse the bad. IMO, shut them all down and let the boys who inhabit them buy their friends in other ways.

Let the bashing by ex and current frat boys begin, thereby further proving my point.

AP is reporting that police said there are two women who may have been photographed without consent.

AP is reporting that police said there are two women who may have been photographed without consent.
Does this become a he said-she said? I expect the frat guys to say that they were given consent. "Oh, they knew what we were doing."

Mucho mucho gracias, Senior! I knew a local would be able to help me out.

That place is pretty far away from campus, especially after a few drinks. It's no wonder a few females decided to " sleep over" but that in no way justifies the conduct of the Frat before, during or after these cyber-documented transgressions.

Thanks for the link. I found a new walking tour my next time to campus.

slainte

Re: Mucho mucho gracias, Senior! I knew a local would be able to help me out.

Slàinte to you too PPB. Good to have you back.

An investigation is precisely what is occurring as we debate this subject. The search warrant was just the beginning of it.

I cannot take issue with the notion that these KDR members should be afforded due process if they are threatened with criminal prosecution. Only the government can institute or maintain a criminal prosecution, so it would clearly be governmental action. I should have been more clear in opining that these KDR members should be prosecuted. I meant that they should be prosecuted if the facts are as presented in news reports such as the NBC report I linked here. (Incidentally, I understand from my son that several KDR's have disaffiliated with their fraternity in order to better protect themselves against possible criminal prosecution.)

I believe Dem's point was that, as he is a private citizen rather than the government, he is under no obligation to afford these KDR members due process before forming an opinion as to them or their conduct. If that is his point, he may be technically correct in his use of the term "due process," but I would nevertheless argue that premature judgment is unfair. That is perhaps the one connection I would be willing to make between this situation and the Sandusky saga..

Pardlion, your initial posts suggested to me (perhaps erroneously) that you were either making light of these reports and/or blaming the victims. While it is beyond obvious that "don't pass out in a fraternity house" would be good advice to give to one's daughter, I hope you would agree that a female who is unfortunate enough to do so should not be "fair game" for either sexual assault or nude photo shoots which are thereafter posted to the Internet. If you agree with that, then perhaps you should say so forthrightly. Maybe it will preempt further argument with Dem.

ADVERTISEMENT