ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Dues and Donations

So you’re telling us you were getting ready to send in $ to PSU when you’ve previously stated “My motto is never again, never will I give another dime to PSU”? Interesting.

So you’re telling us you were getting ready to send in $ to PSU when you’ve previously stated “My motto is never again, never will I give another dime to PSU”? Interesting.
Yes, that's true but i got a mailer asking for $$$, i graduated, kids graduated, Barron is gone. Then reference to his achievements; so yes, reinstate never again.

No money for this cabal and suggest others follow suit. There are much better and more deserving charities out there if you have to give. But not to this university in its current state. I’ll give “whoa Neeli” a year to show some sort of clarity on change before I even revisit the thought. Otherwise you are just being fleeced.

Reactions: KCLion and Ski
Well this last yr (2020-2021 fiscal) 190,000 donors gave 270 million to Dear Old State, and only a third were alumni (although a large percentage of the higher donors were alums). In past six years for the Greater Penn State campaign that is now wrapping up, 2.1 billion was donated, an average of 350 million per year over the six years. Endowment has grown from 2.6 billion in 2017 to 4.6 billion. Paterno started the big fundraising to elevate academics, and this is another way his legacy his ongoing, whether ESPN recognizes it or not. Some may drop out, but it's a big state, and lots of college student lives are enriched by the University and new donors fill in.

ADVERTISEMENT