ADVERTISEMENT

PSU & Collegiate Duals lineup -

WrestleStat has the good guys losing that dual, 19-17. This is how the algorithm sees it:

Vito MD Howard
RBY MD Biscoglia
D'Emilio DEC Bartlett
Yianni MD Van Ness
O'Connor MD Barraclough
Carr MD Facundo
C* Dec Lautt
Brooks Dec Hidlay
Dean Dec Truax
Kerkvliet MD Orndorf

I would like our chances to change the result at 141 and to hold one or two of those majors to regular decisions, which would make it something like 20-14 Penn State.
Definitely agree. I see Bartlett winning and VanNess and Facundo losing by just decision. Sure would be a fun dual

It would be nice to be able to book a hotel room near the venue... any "insider" insight (even rumors) to the venue for this yet? I've been data mining all the interwebs & the matrix all morning, but to no avail o_O.

Perhaps they focused on the participants first & are just now looking for a venue... but seems rather odd to me not to have the latter locked up before the former was confirmed... but then again, I've never organized a tournament before nor stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. :)

It would be nice to be able to book a hotel room near the venue... any "insider" insight (even rumors) to the venue for this yet? I've been data mining all the interwebs & the matrix all morning, but to no avail o_O.

Perhaps they focused on the participants first & are just now looking for a venue... but seems rather odd to me not to have the latter locked up before the former was confirmed... but then again, I've never organized a tournament before nor stayed at a Holiday Inn Express. :)
@smalls103 hook a guy up with the intel?

Reactions: ItalianLion

This is the first time I've ever heard someone use "near the venue" to choose a New Orleans hotel.

New Orleans actually should be great.. with places being open all night you can do the wrestling and still have plenty of time to enjoy to town it is located in..
Be careful late night in the city. I was there with a few friends when Penn State beat Georgia in Sugar Bowl 1982-83. It was awesome. One of the guys with me just went down for Police Chief Convention. He said it has gotten pretty rough at night time. Bourbon Street not bad but walking from hotel to Bourbon was the concern.

Be careful late night in the city. I was there with a few friends when Penn State beat Georgia in Sugar Bowl 1982-83. It was awesome. One of the guys with me just went down for Police Chief Convention. He said it has gotten pretty rough at night time. Bourbon Street not bad but walking from hotel to Bourbon was the concern.
Be careful at any time. The drivers are insane. My wife and I have been going to New Orleans for 48 years. We often brought our dachshunds and walked all over with them. The street people recognized us from year to year and would chat with us. My wife would walk them to Cafe du Monde and pour cool water on them and ride back in a pedi-cab.

Just this July we went down sans dogs and my wife was hit by a car in a big crosswalk on Decatur. It was Saturday morning and sunny. The driver was just jumping a red light and not looking. No one stopped to help. She was able to walk to the police station bit is still getting treated for neck and back problems.

Two friends who had a lovely home in the garden district moved back to Chicago, of all places, because they felt safer. They know the worst areas to avoid. They had half a dozen near misses with autos in three years there. Another close friend was been hit twice in the last 6 months. Neither was insured.

We hire off duty cops for security for our meetings in the Hotel Monteleone. I've gotten to know them over the years. They told us this is worst they've ever seen it in New Orleans and it is getting worse every month. Just be very careful. Take cabs door to door and travel in groups.

Be careful at any time. The drivers are insane. My wife and I have been going to New Orleans for 48 years. We often brought our dachshunds and walked all over with them. The street people recognized us from year to year and would chat with us. My wife would walk them to Cafe du Monde and pour cool water on them and ride back in a pedi-cab.

Just this July we went down sans dogs and my wife was hit by a car in a big crosswalk on Decatur. It was Saturday morning and sunny. The driver was just jumping a red light and not looking. No one stopped to help. She was able to walk to the police station bit is still getting treated for neck and back problems.

Two friends who had a lovely home in the garden district moved back to Chicago, of all places, because they felt safer. They know the worst areas to avoid. They had half a dozen near misses with autos in three years there. Another close friend was been hit twice in the last 6 months. Neither was insured.

We hire off duty cops for security for our meetings in the Hotel Monteleone. I've gotten to know them over the years. They told us this is worst they've ever seen it in New Orleans and it is getting worse every month. Just be very careful. Take cabs door to door and travel in groups.
I agree. Post Katrina New Orleans got really nice after they got things up and running again. But the rot has seeped back in and it is just as scary as it used to be. Maybe even a little worse. However, I still love the city and what it has to offer. You just need to be very vigilant of where you go and how you get there. A trip to Pho Tau Bay is still worth traveling to NO.

Reactions: KCLion
ADVERTISEMENT