ADVERTISEMENT

PSU & Collegiate Duals lineup -

diggerpup

Feb 7, 2007
I attended the Niceville, FL event last summer, so the organizers sent me this email at 7:30am est this morning (sorry if posted elsewhere):

—————-
The Collegiate Duals 2.0 will occur Dec 19-20 , 2022 in New Orleans, LA.

1-Penn State - Big 10
2-Ohio State - Big 10
3- Iowa State - Big 12
4- N Iowa - Big 12
5-UNC - ACC
6-NC State - ACC
7- Cornell - EIWA
8 - Oregon State - PAC
9- Cal Poly - PAC
10- Lock Haven - MAC
11- C Mich - MAC
12- Lehigh - EIWA

Ticket information- details forthcoming. Connect with us in Sept for tickets.

But the two real questions are:
New Orleans? That noted wrestling hotbed? Bobby Boucher might have made a good middle weight!!
Could the PSU lineup beat the best lineup made up of the rest of the teams at the dual?

If the sport is ever gonna grow, we need to take it to the people (or at least to places where they want to go).

Otherwise let's make Des Moines the permanent NCAA Tournament host.
I've been seeing really good things coming from the youth level out of LA. North DeSoto has a solid team and I've seen a few others. Events like this could provide the spark to get more kids interested in the sport!

If the sport is ever gonna grow, we need to take it to the people (or at least to places where they want to go).

Otherwise let's make Des Moines the permanent NCAA Tournament host.
Agree, having events at locations with other attractions likely increases the chances of making wrestling trips family affairs and increasing fans.

Why? What are you questioning? Digger simply stated what he received in the mail, right?
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: 82bordeaux
when this came out a few weeks ago in the dresser interview I started looking into it.

Just yesterday the fam and I were talking again about it. I think we may take our winter vacation there. costs for rental car and flights out of BWI arent bad.

Besides the obvious tours/wrestling/Bourbon st. there is some good fishing I found. So for us there is a little something for everyone in my fam.

If anyone else is thinking about going chime in.

Reactions: diggerpup
But the two real questions are:
New Orleans? That noted wrestling hotbed? Bobby Boucher might have made a good middle weight!!
Could the PSU lineup beat the best lineup made up of the rest of the teams at the dual?

Keep in mind that if they use the same format as last year, Penn State will not see Lehigh or aOSU. It's still an interesting question so here's a linup:

125 - Arujau (Corn)
133 - Biscoglia (ISU)
or Orine (NCSt)
141 - D'Emilio (aOSU)
149 - Yianni (Corn)
157 - O'Connor (UNC)
165 - Carr (ISU)
(Kharchla if Carr leaves)
174 - Lewis (VT)
Edit: Lautt (UNC) or Smith (aOSU)
184 - it doesn’t really matter
(Hidlay or Keckeisen. This weight is actually stacked behind Brooks)
197 - Truax (Poly)
H - Orndorff (aOSU)

Last edited:
Keep in mind that if they use the same format as last year, Penn State will not see Lehigh or aOSU. It's still an interesting question so here's a linup:

125 - Arujau (Corn)
133 - Biscoglia (ISU)
or Orine (NCSt)
141 - D'Emilio (aOSU)
149 - Yianni (Corn)
157 - O'Connor (UNC)
165 - Carr (ISU)
174 - Lewis (VT)
197 - Truax (Poly)
H - Orndorff (aOSU)
That would be a hell of a dual.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

125 - Arujau (Corn)
133 - Biscoglia (ISU)
or Orine (NCSt)
141 - D'Emilio (aOSU)
149 - Yianni (Corn)
157 - O'Connor (UNC)
165 - Carr (ISU)
174 - Lewis (VT)
197 - Truax (Poly)
H - Orndorff (aOSU)
Was just about to do the same exercise. I don't see VTech on the list of teams so 174 would probably be Lautt or E. Smith. I agree would be a heck of a dual.

125 - Arujau (Corn)
133 - Biscoglia (ISU)
or Orine (NCSt)
141 - D'Emilio (aOSU)
149 - Yianni (Corn)
157 - O'Connor (UNC)
165 - Carr (ISU)
174 - Lewis (VT)
Edit: Lautt (UNC) or Smith (aOSU)
197 - Truax (Poly)
H - Orndorff (aOSU)
WrestleStat has the good guys losing that dual, 19-17. This is how the algorithm sees it:

Vito MD Howard
RBY MD Biscoglia
D'Emilio DEC Bartlett
Yianni MD Van Ness
O'Connor MD Barraclough
Carr MD Facundo
C* Dec Lautt
Brooks Dec Hidlay
Dean Dec Truax
Kerkvliet MD Orndorf

I would like our chances to change the result at 141 and to hold one or two of those majors to regular decisions, which would make it something like 20-14 Penn State.

Will PSU be participating in the Southern Scuffle?

Still held in Chattanooga around New Years Day?
Should be able to stop over in Chattanooga on the way home from New Orleans and the duals.... great holiday season for the Nits and spreading their excellence over the south.

Should be able to stop over in Chattanooga on the way home from New Orleans and the duals.... great holiday season for the Nits and spreading their excellence over the south.
I would be surprised if they would wrestle a tournament just two weeks after the duals and shortly before the start of the B1G season.

ADVERTISEMENT