ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Coaches Show tonight

uscgPSU

Jul 6, 2014
So I was listening tonight and got a little chuckle and seeing as how we are playing Army this weekend I thought I would pass it on incase no one heard it. CJF was talking about a walk on they have this year who is in his late 20's (27 maybe) who is a USMC veteran. Coach says that he enlisted at around 215 lbs and is now at 278 and is listed as a DT. This year they had about 150 or so players try to walk on and he was the only one that was offered.

When talking about intensity at practice, CJF says that he wants a team "full of Rudys" because that going easy and not playing hard was not helping the team. CJF says that today they were doing a shorter practice and that some of the guys were just kind of going through the motions and not giving it their all (my words not his). CJF says he made two players do 50 down-ups and the walk on was one of them. CJF said he is a special kid as he did 5 tours overseas. Without hesitation, Sam says that "probably around the 25th down-up he wasn't feeling so special."

I can't remember his name or find him on the roster. Got a laugh none the less.

So, the walk on Marine was one of the guys who wasn't acting like Rudy?
So Chrome Dome beats up on and makes an example of someone who won't ever have a chance of making the field this weekend and this is supposed to be "motivating"?

If so, I've moved beyond getting a new stadium..... There are far more important changes that need to occur beforehand.

So I was listening tonight and got a little chuckle and seeing as how we are playing Army this weekend I thought I would pass it on incase no one heard it. CJF was talking about a walk on they have this year who is in his late 20's (27 maybe) who is a USMC veteran. Coach says that he enlisted at around 215 lbs and is now at 278 and is listed as a DT. This year they had about 150 or so players try to walk on and he was the only one that was offered.

When talking about intensity at practice, CJF says that he wants a team "full of Rudys" because that going easy and not playing hard was not helping the team. CJF says that today they were doing a shorter practice and that some of the guys were just kind of going through the motions and not giving it their all (my words not his). CJF says he made two players do 50 down-ups and the walk on was one of them. CJF said he is a special kid as he did 5 tours overseas. Without hesitation, Sam says that "probably around the 25th down-up he wasn't feeling so special."

I can't remember his name or find him on the roster. Got a laugh none the less.
wow that kind of blows a hole in the whole "ex marine walk on story" doesn't it? I mean the whole point of the Rudy/ ex marine walk on story is no matter what he gives his all despite knowing he will never see the field. Always focused, always diligent working harder than the scholarship guys. Not he was jack assing around at practice and had to do 50 up downs.

wow that kind of blows a hole in the whole "ex marine walk on story" doesn't it? I mean the whole point of the Rudy/ ex marine walk on story is no matter what he gives his all despite knowing he will never see the field. Always focused, always diligent working harder than the scholarship guys. Not he was jack assing around at practice and had to do 50 up downs.

That's why I asked for confirmation... it doesn't sounds right to single a guy out like that if they are a walk on, and CJF has not been one to throw any of his players under the bus. I wonder if the context CJF intended was different than what I'm reading second hand. Maybe he's saying that the highly motivated ex-marine was given up downs to demonstrate how to give it your all...It doesn't sounds right.

That's why I asked for confirmation... it doesn't sounds right to single a guy out like that if they are a walk on, and CJF has not been one to throw any of his players under the bus. I wonder if the context CJF intended was different than what I'm reading second hand. Maybe he's saying that the highly motivated ex-marine was given up downs to demonstrate how to give it your all...It doesn't sounds right.

He definitely did something to upset Franklin. JF wasn't giving any more detail though. It was kind of an odd story. he made it seem like he was praising the kid at first, then he turned to the punishment.

The show was very odd this week. People should know by now to not even bother asking about injuries, but you continue to get one or two questions every week.

ADVERTISEMENT