ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Bucknell Match Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I have a schedule conflict, so I'm setting this thread up in advance. I won't be able to do PBP. Anyone that's interested in doing PBP is welcome to do so.

Please use this thread to discuss the match. If you are responding to another poster's comment, please use the quote function.

You can reportedly watch the action on a free video stream at (no guarantees):

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=564898

You can listen to Byers' radio broadcast on a free audio stream at:

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=565445

Hope those that attend the dual, or those that listen to or watch the streams, have a lot about which to celebrate.

I'm here in Rec Hall for this one. Not sure if anyone is listening to Byers, but I guess Bucknells two ranked guys (141&197) aren't going today

125 P1: Schnupp the aggressor on their first two minutes before Campbell slips behind for the first points. Stalling calls already flying from the team section.

Campbell up 2-0 going into the 2nd

125 P2: Schnupp escapes to open the period, 1-2. They'll handfight for the remaining two minutes and go into the third period with Scnupp in the top position trailing by 1

Is anyone else having a a problem getting sound on the video feed?

125 P3: Schnupp unable to hold Campbell down on the whistle and Campbell escapes to take a 3-1 lead. With about 1:15 left, Schnupp fights his way into a single leg. He stands up with it but Campbell scrambles his way out to maintain a 2pt lead. Schnupp unable to break through the head-and-arm defense of Campbell and he falls, 1-3

Bucknell takes a 3-0 lead after the first match

Reactions: hlstone
Got both, now. Schnupp scraps. Could just go out there and make excuses and stall, but he gets after it and loses with nothing in the chamber. Gotta appreciate that.

Now the sound is gone. I don't know. Video works, though. Try disabling any adblocker you have on. That did the trick for me on Chrome.

133 P1: Keener locks a high a single and drives David Campbell to the mat for the takedown, 2-0. Keener rides the left leg and flattens Campbell and rides heavy. First stall warning on Campbell. Keener with the optional start on the restart, 2-1.

Keener back on a single. He stands up with it, they hand fight for a minute before Keener brings him back down at the edge for another TD, 4-1.

Keener with 2:17 RT going into the 2nd

133 P2: Keener starts from bottom and off the whistle stands up and turns in to another single leg and brings Campbell back to the mat for what is called as a reversal, 6-1.

Keener tries luring Campbell into a farside cradle but can't lock it up. Lets Campbell escape, 6-2. Keener pushing the pace, Campbell gets hit with stalling in the neutral position, his second warning, 7-2.

Keener takes 2:33 RT into the 3rd

I like to think I'm coaching Keener, and he followed my direction to go neutral with 1:00 to go, needing 2 for the major.

Reactions: hlstone
133 P3: Keener riding hard on the left side again, going crossbody and trying a 2-on-1 for the tilt, switches to a bar. Not having much luck, as the team sections bellows for another stall warning

Keener goes optional start on the restart, 7-3, and he dives in for a double leg but a sprawl defends it. Campbell attempts one o fhis first shots, Keener counters for a TD, 9-3. Escape Campbell, 9-4, then Keener drives him back to the mat for another TD to get the Rec Hall crowd standing.

He wins, 12-4 with almost 4 min of RT

PSU, 4-3

Reactions: Maddog
I use firefox for most things but Chrome always works better here. Watching the video with the Byers feed going in a separate window, so don't need the sound with the video to work.

Jered Cortez doesn't give a shit about your single leg. Just dives at the opposite leg and ends up getting a takedown of his own.

141 P1: Slick counter from Cortez to open the match as Kolonia shoots first, raises a single but Cortez goes low and comes out on top with the TD, 2-0. After a restart Cortez with a quick cheap tilt for 2 NF, 4-0. Kolonia escapes after Cortez gets a little loose with the tilt, 4-1.

On their feet, Cortez in on a low outside single. Kolonia wizzers but Cortez fights through to finish, 6-1. Escape Kolonia, 6-2.

Cortez takes :45 RT into the 2nd

Bucknell kids puts Cortez into the announcer's table. Teams gotta come in chippy and full of vigor into Rec Hall, don't they?

141 P3: Cortez begins on top, goes under hook and when Kolonia gets to his base, Cortez cuts the legs for another tilt attempt but is too loose. Kolonia soon escapes, 7-3, but Cortez goes above 1:00 RT.

On their feet, Kolonia goes in hard for an inside trip, but Cortez limps away. Kolonia goes for a head lock next but Cortez clinches at the waist and then eventually uses Kolonia's momentum to pass him by for another TD, 9-3. Cortez attempts a cradle before cutting Colonia, 9-4. THen he goes back to work on a single but runs out of time.

He wins 10-4 with 1:12 RT

PSU, 7-3

Reactions: Maddog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT