ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Board Of Trustees Election

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I changed the pinned post from addressing the Nomination procedure and the PS4RS endorsement process, to a post about the actual election.

I believe I covered all of the aspects of the election in the post. If I missed something, let me know and I'll add it to the pinned post.

There are 4 candidates running for 3 trustee positions.

Some of you may be disappointed with the number of candidates running, or other aspects about the process. I sympathize with you, especially since last year there were only 3 candidates for 3 positions. That said, your vote is important, and I hope that you will do your research and cast your vote.

Reactions: mmp121
I still have not received my ballot after requesting it twice...any one else have this issue?

I still have not received my ballot after requesting it twice...any one else have this issue?

I requested another ballot yesterday and still have not received it.

After you have submitted your request, please allow a 24-hour response time. Forms will be processed Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EDT.

Also, check your span and junk folders for an e-mail from:

PSU Elections@votenet.com

Lastly, if you continue to have problems, you can contact Votenet (who processes the ballot requests) at:

(866) 307-0041

Your vote will be provided for you by someone more knowledgeable and agreeable to the Old Guard BoT. You needn't worry about involvement with dear Old State beyond simply sending your checks on a regular basis.

Just had to make the call to get a ballot and I was told I was in their system. Had to do the same last year and prior to that always received the ballot. I did ask where they get their info for e-mailing. And told they receive it from the university. ( 65,000 names ). They all get sent at the same time so if you haven't received it yet you will not get it unless you make the call.

I requested mine Sunday night, got the email around noon today. Took MORE than 24 hours, but it came through. My votes have been cast!

I-voted-Circle.png

Some of you may be disappointed with the number of candidates running, or other aspects about the process. I sympathize with you, especially since last year there were only 3 candidates for 3 positions. That said, your vote is important, and I hope that you will do your research and cast your vote.

The lower number of candidates is predictable. PS4RS are the King-Makers, and Anthony Lubrano is Boss Tweed.

I feel bad for all those who had an "idealist view" 50 months ago of what PS4RS could/would be.

But people like power.

The lower number of candidates is predictable. PS4RS are the King-Makers, and Anthony Lubrano is Boss Tweed.

I feel bad for all those who had an "idealist view" 50 months ago of what PS4RS could/would be.

But people like power.

PS4RS endorses the candidates that the PS4RS membership votes to endorse.
Is that really such a hard concept to grasp?

I had to request mine again yesterday morning. I received my ballot this afternoon at 3:14. Doran, Brown, and Oldsey have another vote. Now I need to make sure my family votes. That will be 7 more votes coming their way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT