ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Board of Trustees Committee Meetings Begin Tomorrow, September 16, 2021, at 7:30 a.m.

AlvindeLevie4PSUBoardOfTrustees

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2021
During my campaign for the Board of Trustees, I promised transparency and to keep everyone updated.

Tomorrow, the Board of Trustees will hold open and public committee meetings, which can be listened to on WPSU (http://wpsu.org/trustees/) starting at 7:30 a.m. I encourage everyone to listen. The committee meetings are as follows:

7:30 a.m.: Legal and Compliance
8:45 a.m.: Audit and Risk
10:00 a.m.: Governance
11:15 a.m.: Outreach, Development and Community Relations
1:30 p.m.: Finance, Business and Capital Planning
2:45 p.m.: Academic Affairs, Research and Student Life
4:00 p.m.: Equity and Human Resources
5:45 p.m.: Compensation

I know these meetings conflict with the observance of Yom Kippur. I have voiced my significant displeasure to the Board Office requesting that future Board meetings and hearings not conflict with any religious holiday. I have received assurance this will not happen again.

The first item should have been to buy board members a calendar so they don’t schedule meetings on Yom Kippur for this year. Where does this fit into their claim to support diversity? It’s a disgrace and they should be publicly admonished and required to explain how they chose to schedule the date of this meeting. This reminds me of the anti Semitic teachers I had in Lancaster county who would schedule exams on Yom Kippur in order to then write up more difficult make up exams because they didn’t want a Jewish Valedictorian. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. They ain’t making Jews like Jesus anymore….Kinky Friedman

The first item should be to buy board members a calendar so they don’t schedule meetings on Yom Kippur for this year. Where does this fit into their claim to support diversity? It’s a disgrace and they should be publicly admonished and required to explain how they chose to schedule the date of this meeting. This reminds me of the anti Semitic teachers I had in Lancaster county who would schedule exams on Yom Kippur in order to then write up more difficult make up exams because they didn’t want a Jewish Valedictorian. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
Come on, they all wanted to be in town for the Whiteout game. That is way more important. 🙄

Reactions: Nitwit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT