ADVERTISEMENT

PSU BBall: Rasir Bolton enters transfer portal

Guys, you won't find one post from me anywhere in the past where I said it's time for Chambers to leave. I've been critical, yes, but I haven't said he should be fired.

Losing solid recruits now. Also a solid freshman to be sophomore player the team is counting on is now transferring.

It's time. Chambers should be dismissed.

Last edited:
Chambers has got to go! This is absurd and embarrassing for the university.!! Where is my man Nitty when I need him

Guys, you won't find one post from me anywhere in the past where I said it's time for Chambers to leave. I've been critical, yes, but I haven't said he should be fired.

Losing solid recruits now. Also a solid freshman to be sophomore player the team is counting on is now transferring.

It's time. Chambers should be dismissed.
Agree I am afraid. Something is terribly wrong.

Kids don’t want to put their professional futures in the hands of what has all the look of a lame duck coach. We’ve seen it with recruits, and we’re seeing it with the underclassmen. Kids are smart and they can see writing on the wall.

No way to spin this: this sucks. I love Pat and the fighting he’s done on behalf of this program, but this is pretty devastating if, in fact, Bolton decides to go.

Reactions: aferrelli and Jking
Kids don’t want to put their professional futures in the hands of what has all the look of a lame duck coach. We’ve seen it with recruits, and we’re seeing it with the underclassmen. Kids are smart and they can see writing on the wall.

No way to spin this: this sucks. I love Pat and the fighting he’s done on behalf of this program, but this is pretty devastating if, in fact, Bolton decides to go.
What is really difficult to understand is why so many people here thought Chambers could get it done when he didn't get one NCAA invite in 8 years and the latest year was a .333 in conference win percentage?

And some people here have the nerve to tell ME I wear blue and white glasses. If there was any doubt, it's now totally clear that Chambers is not the guy and the program is broken. Your move Sandy.

Does he have to sit out a year? Is this further proof of player free agency? If so how can this be sustained for any non top 20 program ?

Let us hope Lamar & Mike both pull out of NBA draft. As for Razir, guess he doesn't like having to be 6th man. Adios!
Reaves is gone so there's one spot. Wheeler is good on defense but can't shoot. Where else is Bolton going to find a better depth chart?

Reactions: Kmase21
Reaves is gone so there's one spot. Wheeler is good on defense but can't shoot. Where else is Bolton going to find a better depth chart?

Unless Brockington is blowing it up in practice is the only thing that is holding Bolton back from starting

Thanks, goofy.
giphy.gif

Does he have to sit out a year? Is this further proof of player free agency? If so how can this be sustained for any non top 20 program ?

You would think he would have to sit out a year. But maybe the NCAA lets him transfer because he says he wasn’t allowed to mix flavors at The Creamery.

Reactions: 81b&w
You know what RD? It was never going to be the year. This program is broken.
Feels like this same discussion just keeps happening. Let’s assume the program is broken. Does firing Patrick Chambers fix what’s broken?

Why do you think PSU keeps him on despite the team’s performance? I’ve determine it’s because you’re right—the program is broken. But either (likely some combination) a) PSU doesn’t know how to fix it b) can’t or won’t allocate the resources to fix it c) doesnt have an incentive to fix it or d) knows it doesn’t matter who coaches the team.

And some of those options contain redundancies. I think the better question is why he stays. Maybe PSU is just a dead end job.

Remember the Oak Hill kid left a few years ago before even playing? Who knows why our future stars leave. But whether losing players or coaches, the team is rarely any good.

Reactions: Howie'81
It is the landscape that everyone needs to get used to.....places like PSU are now going to be JuCo's for the guys that are tops in the nation. All kid has to do is lawyer up, ncaa folds, and he can play and will be better than most freshman from day 1.

And.....it will never change unless you buck up and hire a big name coach or a coach that may have some baggage.....

Why do you think PSU keeps him on despite the team’s performance? I’ve determine it’s because you’re right—the program is broken. But either (likely some combination) a) PSU doesn’t know how to fix it b) can’t or won’t allocate the resources to fix it c) doesnt have an incentive to fix it or d) knows it doesn’t matter who coaches the team.

All of these above are probably factors in the broken program

It is the landscape that everyone needs to get used to.....places like PSU are now going to be JuCo's for the guys that are tops in the nation. All kid has to do is lawyer up, ncaa folds, and he can play and will be better than most freshman from day 1.
You talking hoops? I wouldn't agree in football and a number of other sports.

What a joke! Everyone from the players to the fans sees that Pat is not getting it done. The program needs a change like the women s program just got. Sandy seems to ignore the signs it's time for Pat to go. At the present rate of players leaving this team it will be made up of walk-ons. The branch campus basketball teams may be better to watch at this rate.

Will this finally be there year where I can move into center court seats? Courtside would be the dream. The sad part is current season tickets will continue to renew their seats at rock bottom prices.

As far as the team goes, this is a major loss. Bolton's stats weren't great, but he steadily improved and can shoot. A year of maturity and physical growth would have gone a long way to him being one of the better players on the team. This, along with the decommits, puts the state of the program in a really, really bad place. Until the AD spends money on the program, it really doesn't matter either way who our head coach is. Chambers has put forth a monumental effort and was building momentum, but wasn't able to translate the recruiting success into tournament berths. He was closer than any other coach in modern history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT