ADVERTISEMENT

PSU BB: Watkins charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia

You need to read all NCAA, conferences, and schools drug testing policies before spouting off this nonsense.

What does the NCAA test for during the year-round program?

• Anabolic Agents
  • Diuretics and other masking agents
  • Peptide Hormones and Analogues
  • Anti-Estrogens
  • Beta-2 Agonists
There you go, troll. Is weed on there?

What does the NCAA test for during the year-round program?

• Anabolic Agents
  • Diuretics and other masking agents
  • Peptide Hormones and Analogues
  • Anti-Estrogens
  • Beta-2 Agonists
There you go, troll. Is weed on there?

Hey dopey, you said once a year and they tell you when the test is. Wrong.

No wonder you haven't found your way out of State College. Not smart.

Hey dopey, you said once a year and they tell you when the test is. Wrong.

No wonder you haven't found your way out of State College. Not smart.
The NCAA tests for stimulants and illicit drugs during championships and bowl season. They don’t “tell” athletes when the test is...but I’d wager a guess that they have a pretty good idea of the general timeframe of when it’s coming down the pike and (usually) have the opportunity to modify any behaviors accordingly.

Penn State ICA has the authority to perform random drug tests throughout the year that test for, among others, marijuana, with the policy providing for 24 hour notice before the urine is collected. That said, the degree to which you believe in how “random”, how much actual notice is given, and how frequently those tests are administered is up to you.

Penn State ICA has the authority to perform random drug tests throughout the year that test for, among others, marijuana, with the policy providing for 24 hour notice before the urine is collected. That said, the degree to which you believe in how “random”, how much actual notice is given, and how frequently those tests are administered is up to you.

You need to re-read the Penn State drug testing policy.

"All student-athletes are subject to unannounced random drug testing throughout
the entire year including summer sessions. Student-athletes will be selected for
testing using a random number system run by a computer program. Little or no
notice may be given for a forthcoming test. Every student-athlete shall be
subject to every random test administered under this Program."

If you view marijuana use as a character issue that warrants being kicked off of a team at Penn State, I have a pretty strong feeling that we won’t have too many student-athletes left to cheer for.
I view disobeying team rules as a character issue. I don’t care if the rule involves marijuana, attending classes, or curfew (bed checks). You want to play for Penn State? Then it’s your responsibility to obey the rules set out for you.

Last edited:
You need to re-read the Penn State drug testing policy.

"All student-athletes are subject to unannounced random drug testing throughout
the entire year including summer sessions. Student-athletes will be selected for
testing using a random number system run by a computer program. Little or no
notice may be given for a forthcoming test. Every student-athlete shall be
subject to every random test administered under this Program."
Nothing in what you quoted changes anything that I said; I’m aware of what it says because I read that exact portion of the policy shortly before I made my post.

The degree to which you believe that the policy as written is actually followed and executed is up to you...and I’m sure you also saw that there’s nothing in that random testing policy that requires ICA to ever even perform a random test at any point in time - merely that they have the authority to do it if they choose.

Nothing in what you quoted changes anything that I said; I’m aware of what it says because I read that exact portion of the policy shortly before I made my post.

The degree to which you believe that the policy as written is actually followed and executed is up to you...and I’m sure you also saw that there’s nothing in that random testing policy that requires ICA to ever even perform a random test at any point in time - merely that they have the authority to do it if they choose.

Where does the policy say they WILL provide 24 hour notice? I read "may allow for up to 24 hours advance notice".

Where does the policy say they WILL provide 24 hour notice? I read "may allow for up to 24 hours advance notice".

NCAA drug testing procedure is a bigger joke than the NFL's and schools follow its lead.

NCAA drug testing procedure is a bigger joke than the NFL's and schools follow its lead.

The penalty for smoking weed is a half season suspension. Don’t tell the troll, but there’s a reason nobody ever gets caught. Why would a team want to suspend their players for half a season for smoking weed?

The penalty for smoking weed is a half season suspension. Don’t tell the troll, but there’s a reason nobody ever gets caught. Why would a team want to suspend their players for half a season for smoking weed?

At PSU (and many schools) the first strike is a mulligan, the second strike is a week suspension (ever notice when players are randomly suspended for one game? Hmm....) then the third strike is a year.

At PSU (and many schools) the first strike is a mulligan, the second strike is a week suspension (ever notice when players are randomly suspended for one game? Hmm....) then the third strike is a year.

Who knows, now that Pat has a nice insurance policy maybe he'll do something.

Didn't Joe use to complain that the campus police seemed to pay special attention to football players?
I may be wrong, but didn't seem that players were always being cited for some petty offense?

Didn't Joe use to complain that the campus police seemed to pay special attention to football players?
I may be wrong, but didn't seem that players were always being cited for some petty offense?

Believe so and it's not uncommon at a lot of schools.

If you view marijuana use as a character issue that warrants being kicked off of a team at Penn State, I have a pretty strong feeling that we won’t have too many student-athletes left to cheer for.
Sadly, you are probably correct but hope it is not the case. How hard is it to put the weed down for a few years. Be disciplined. After that have at it but put it away if you are an athlete at PSU.

I view disobeying team rules as a character issue. I don’t care if the rule involves marijuana, attending classes, or curfew (bed checks). You want to play for Penn State? Then it’s your responsibility to obey the rules set out for you.
I agree 100%. I am certain that Coach Franklin is crystal clear as to what the expectations are. NO WEED USE, NO UNLAWFUL BEHAVIOR and not even the appearance of improprieties.

Supposedly mike was cited for fight last summer and maybe caused the Bahamas suspension

Hope your kids never skip school or don't go to bed when told. I mean character issues and all.:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT