ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Basketball Commit

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008

Penn State basketball has picked up a commitment from Lake Havasu City (Ariz.) Kingman Academy of Learning big man Tolu Jacobs Yaffa. The 6-foot-11, 270-pound prospect announced his decision on Friday afternoon.

He committed to the Nittany Lions over additional finalists Georgetown and Nevada. He visited Penn State officially in October. Butler, Cal, San Diego State, Stanford and Utah State were among his other offers.

A three-star prospect according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, Jacobs Yaffa is the nation’s No. 36 center and the No. 3 prospect in Arizona.

https://pennstate.247sports.com/Bol...ball-adds-big-man-Tolu-Jacobs-Yaffa-109879832

Reactions: bison13 and psualt
I can't tell if he plays slow or timid. If he is just slow, I would think he won't develop into much more than a role player. If he is just a little timid, hopefully someone can teach him to work through a few expected mistakes by playing faster and more aggressive.

If he is the #3 prospect in AZ, it is a down year or he is getting too much credit for his size. I hope I'm wrong.

Wasn't to impressed with what I just watched. He will get eaten alive in big ten play. No. 3 player in Arizona??? WOW that's horrible.

Not great film but he had other decent teams offer him so I'm sure they all feel the same... redshirt and then hope he can give minutes by sophomore year

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Did anyone see anything they liked.
Given the schools that pursued or offered he must have potential.
Is it my imagination or did I see him hustle back on defense. Always a good sign.

Did anyone see anything they liked.
Given the schools that pursued or offered he must have potential.
Is it my imagination or did I see him hustle back on defense. Always a good sign.

He's said his main focus is being a rim protecting big. Says anyone can score, he wants to be the guys who shuts things down on D. I appreciate that attitude.

Calvin Booth wasn't much of a scorer either. This kid has a big body that shouldn't get pushed around and probably can set a good screen. Dont have to run a specific play for him to be effective on O if he takes up space in the paint rebounding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT