ADVERTISEMENT

PSU at Iowa- Who is going?

giphy.gif

So what you're saying is that Friday @WildTurk will be dancing like he works in a gay club
giphy.gif

Or paying off the drinks he owes to PSU fans
giphy.gif

K. I can live with either one.

I don’t know him personally so

Hello good people of PSU. Life long Iowa fan here with a friendly reminder to your wives: LEAVE YOUR PURSE IN THE CAR!!!! I have made the mile walk back to the parking lot for EVERY dual to return Mrs. Manintheyelow hats purse to the flippin' car. It has to be a small clear bag, that's it, no exceptions and no place to stash it! And for you guys staying down town, eat at Pullman any time, Moselys barbeque is pretty good and not too far away (I like the sausage sandwich), but for breakfast you have to try the Dandy Lion, get the Lodger Special, sounds funky when you read it, but it eats pretty good! Good Luck Friday!

Hello good people of PSU. Life long Iowa fan here with a friendly reminder to your wives: LEAVE YOUR PURSE IN THE CAR!!!! I have made the mile walk back to the parking lot for EVERY dual to return Mrs. Manintheyelow hats purse to the flippin' car. It has to be a small clear bag, that's it, no exceptions and no place to stash it! And for you guys staying down town, eat at Pullman any time, Moselys barbeque is pretty good and not too far away (I like the sausage sandwich), but for breakfast you have to try the Dandy Lion, get the Lodger Special, sounds funky when you read it, but it eats pretty good! Good Luck Friday!
Reminds me of the 2016 Football Big 10 Championship in Indy. Went in with another couple and you guessed it, both our wives fashionable purses did not make the grade. So I had to hoof it against the salmon swimming upstream to our hotel to drop off the lovely handbags. After jogging back to make kick-off, the only thing keeping me going was thinking of that ice cold beer my wife would have waiting for me. As I got back just in time I saw the ice cold bottle of AQUAFINA waiting. I laughed and said "good one", where's the beer. They said we tried, but there are no alcohol sales at the game. The first half only got worse from there. We were within a minute of heading to a bar for the second half when Saeed Blacknall caught a bomb from McSorley. The second half without alcohol was more tolerable. We put a hurt on the bourbon at the bar afterwards.

Roar,
When do I start clamoring for a stalling call against the Hawks? Is it the second Drake takes one step back?
Do it right, you must chant "heeeeeeessss sttttaaaaalllllllliinnnnn!" To do it like a hawk, chant it during the national anthem, or while the other guy is initiating the offense.

Do it right, you must chant "heeeeeeessss sttttaaaaalllllllliinnnnn!" To do it like a hawk, chant it during the national anthem, or while the other guy is initiating the offense.
We don’t need to chant anymore now that we have this guy to call it for us!

Reactions: nitlion6
We learned that valuable lesson this past weekend at Michigan State.

Reminds me of the 2016 Football Big 10 Championship in Indy. Went in with another couple and you guessed it, both our wives fashionable purses did not make the grade. So I had to hoof it against the salmon swimming upstream to our hotel to drop off the lovely handbags. After jogging back to make kick-off, the only thing keeping me going was thinking of that ice cold beer my wife would have waiting for me. As I got back just in time I saw the ice cold bottle of AQUAFINA waiting. I laughed and said "good one", where's the beer. They said we tried, but there are no alcohol sales at the game. The first half only got worse from there. We were within a minute of heading to a bar for the second half when Saeed Blacknall caught a bomb from McSorley. The second half without alcohol was more tolerable. We put a hurt on the bourbon at the bar afterwards.
Oh, you can drink in CHA, just don't bring a purse!

@WildTurk I don’t believe you ever stated if you were going. If you are in the area I would be happy to let @hlstone buy you a drink and chat a bit! Just kidding, I will pay!
We are easy to get along with, well he is, I can be a pain occasionally, at least according to my wife of 32 years….
I will not be there unfortunately. I have family obligations this weekend that will keep me away. I'd be lying if I said I would've sold you my 2 tickets. Those went to some good Hawkeye friends of mine of course

I would definitely let you guys buy me a drink if I was there btw😀 Remember doors open 90 min early so get in there early and soak it in!! I hope you enjoy your time in Carver. It truly is a special place for wrestling

I had our whole schedule wrong. We are leaving shortly for Oklahoma. Tonight is ISU vs Oklahoma which I will skip and watch PSU vs Iowa from the Motel with a couple other fans of wrestling. I will be free of conflict to watch UNI vs OSU Sat. night and ISU vs OSU Sunday at 2:00. I wish you guys good fortune. This should be a great dual with drama at every turn. Safe travels and good vibes. I hope for an injury free weekend all around for all the teams.

My Mrs is a huge wrestling fan, she will go to any PSU home meet. She had zero interest in flying to Iowa in January, but gave me her blessing to go without her!!!
P.S. Scheel’s is a very cool store. (There is one at Coral Ridge Mall.). Wish we had them in PA.
Also, when the Mrs is as big a wrestling fan as me, she travels too, and I sacrifice a trip to the mall. ;)

P.S. Scheel’s is a very cool store. (There is one at Coral Ridge Mall.). Wish we had them in PA.
Also, when the Mrs is as big a wrestling fan as me, she travels too, and I sacrifice a trip to the mall. ;)
Ours in Overland Park, KS has an indoor Ferris wheel.

Reactions: d-1980
ADVERTISEMENT