ADVERTISEMENT

PSU and OSU with nearly identical Total Quarterback Ratings

Total QBR
PSU: 39.7
OSU: 40.7

What's Ohio State's excuse?
I was very surprised when Urby named Cardale "We didn't come here to play classes" Jones as his starter.

I have been SHOCKED that he has remained in the #1 spot.

I felt all along that Barrett was the best option there.....
Certainly, its not like I get to see these guys everyday in practice or what not, but they both have played enough that even a "fan" has a fair amount of evidence to base an opinion upon.

I'm not close enough to it, and I don't go out of my way to follow it, but I wonder what the folks in Columbus are saying about this situation. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those folks - given the expectations for this team - are voicing some concern.

My fear had been that Urby will get his QB situation straightened out.......just in time to have that team really clicking when we go out there on the 17th. But, maybe not. They have a patsy this week, and maybe Jones looks good enough that they keep him as the #1 guy.
The only way I can see PSU even staying in that game is for the OSU QB to turn the ball over 3-4 times.....and the best chance of that happening - IMHO - is if either Jones is in there, or they are swapping QBs in and out during our game (because they haven't gotten the whole deal settled yet).

Jones should've taken the 2nd round $$ and run last spring in the NFL draft. A lot of us here speculated that his draft stock had nowhere to go but down after his magical run last winter. Every time he steps on the field now, he's losing future dollars and cents.

Jones should've taken the 2nd round $$ and run last spring in the NFL draft. A lot of us here speculated that his draft stock had nowhere to go but down after his magical run last winter. Every time he steps on the field now, he's losing future dollars and cents.

sounds pretty familiar..

Cardale Jones' QB ratings against Indiana? 11.2.

That doesn't bode well for Hackenberg this weekend. That isn't to say that C Jones is an amazing QB, as he has obviously come back down to Earth after his magical run to end last season. Nonetheless, it does speak to IU's defense being pretty effective.

Well..you can be sure PSU Coaches will be looking closely at what Indiana did against OSU...that's why I have a sliver of some hope...that we don't get blown out.

Our defense will hang in there...

That doesn't bode well for Hackenberg this weekend. That isn't to say that C Jones is an amazing QB, as he has obviously come back down to Earth after his magical run to end last season. Nonetheless, it does speak to IU's defense being pretty effective.

IU is 118th in total defense

The scariest thing is OSU is winning with bad QB play, just imagine how good they will be when they figure that out. Hope its not against us.

Reactions: bjf1984
As cjrugger pointed out, OSU is struggling big-time without Tom Herman as OC and QB coach. His Houston Cougars are currently No. 4 in the nation in total yards and No. 7 in scoring offense.

Playcalling duties now belong to OL coach Warriner. OSU filled the QB coaching position with Tim Beck, who "coached" arm-punters Taylor Martinez and Tommy Amrstrong at Nebraska (who is now flourishing with the Oregon State staff). They also have a new RB coach. Seems like none of these guys are on the same page.

As cjrugger pointed out, OSU is struggling big-time without Tom Herman as OC and QB coach. His Houston Cougars are currently No. 4 in the nation in total yards and No. 7 in scoring offense.

Playcalling duties now belong to OL coach Warriner. OSU filled the QB coaching position with Tim Beck, who "coached" arm-punters Taylor Martinez and Tommy Amrstrong at Nebraska (who is now flourishing with the Oregon State staff). They also have a new RB coach. Seems like none of these guys are on the same page.

I thought it was about the Jimmies and the Joes, not the X's and O's.:D:p;)

I'm so confused:(

Well..you can be sure PSU Coaches will be looking closely at what Indiana did against OSU...that's why I have a sliver of some hope...that we don't get blown out.

Our defense will hang in there...

...if they are not on the field for 35-40 minutes

Major advantage for Hack in this game because jones will be facing a great D and Hack facing an average D.

Major advantage for Hack in this game because jones will be facing a great D and Hack facing an average D.

Major advantage? Hack and the PSU offense managed just 20 points against an Army D that gave up 37 points to Fordham (yes, Fordham), and 36 to EMU. The IU D is no great shakes, but they did keep a national champion winning QB in check last week, and it's not as if Hack and the PSU offense has done anything of note 5 games in.

And your point is what? Don't you think that holding a QB (a national championship winning QB no less) to a QBR of 11.2 is very effective?

My point is a defense giving up 502 yards per game is not 'pretty effective.' And how does 18/27 245 yards 1td 1 Int compute to a 11.2 QBR but Sudfeld's 10/21 134 yards is a 55.5?

I don't know how ESPN's system is supposed to work, but do you really think Hackenberg has been the 27th best QB in 1-A college football this year?

I don't know how ESPN's system is supposed to work, but do you really think Hackenberg has been the 27th best QB in 1-A college football this year?
The list is sorted from lowest total QBR to highest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT