ADVERTISEMENT

PSU -37.5 vs. Georgia State.

The first offensive play of the game for GS is a.....wait for it.....shovel pass!
Every offensive coordinator on our schedule is now changing his offense to run 10 shovel passes per game and a total alteration to Matt Canada's offense, according to many on here.

This is a great game in my opinion. Get everyone some reps. You go to Iowa the week after and keeps guys fresh and give young guys some PT, build some depth. Never know when an injury may occur. Not saying you need to have an OOC schedule full of them but sandwiched in between these two is good.

Reactions: jerseylion109
Every offensive coordinator on our schedule is now changing his offense to run 10 shovel passes per game and a total alteration to Matt Canada's offense, according to many on here.

That would be awesome. If I am a Franklin I would be thrilled if every team on our schedule made no effort to keep up with our offense by using the barely threatening shovel pass.

Won't happen, just like every team last year didn't add a jet sweep after our Pitt game.

Reactions: m48tank
That would be awesome. If I am a Franklin I would be thrilled if every team on our schedule made no effort to keep up with our offense by using the barely threatening shovel pass.
I agree. I hope all the writers and some folks here also, are correct, and every team incorporates the shovel pass, and ball control offenses designed to run every play inside a phone booth in an attempt to keep our offense off the field. I'll take a wild guess though, and say that no coordinator in his right mind will change their offense mid season for one game, given 4 days to do it. I know, crazy talk, right?

Reactions: m48tank
This is a great game in my opinion. Get everyone some reps. You go to Iowa the week after and keeps guys fresh and give young guys some PT, build some depth. Never know when an injury may occur. Not saying you need to have an OOC schedule full of them but sandwiched in between these two is good.

This game provides nothing. All the top 5-8 schools play a top tier team.

Bama- FSU
Clemson- Auburn
OU- Ohio State
USC- ND
Michigan- Florida

We play Pitt, Ga State, Akron

Clemson played Troy and SC State, same type of team. Alabama played Kent St, Western Kentucky and Chattanooga, same type of teams. Washington played Rutgers, Idaho and Portland State. Pretty sure all of them were in the playoff last year. Sorry but every big time team needs a game or two like these two play young kids and such.

Plenty of upside. We have a good group of young talent that need game reps. Wade, castro-fields, gross-matos, jarvis miller, cam brown, mcphearson, and the list goes on. There's no better way of becoming a better player than getting experience in actual games.

The one point that people always miss when criticizing these games are that college football has no preseason games. It's not like Psu can scrimmage Villanova 2 weeks before the season begins

Clemson played Troy and SC State, same type of team. Alabama played Kent St, Western Kentucky and Chattanooga, same type of teams. Washington played Rutgers, Idaho and Portland State. Pretty sure all of them were in the playoff last year. Sorry but every big time team needs a game or two like these two play young kids and such.

Bama played FSU. Clemson played Auburn

They are playing teams with a pulse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT