ADVERTISEMENT

Pry needs to go now.

RTLH

Nov 7, 2001
Defense cant hold a lead. Goes back to the Rose Bowl. Somewhere Joepa is rolling over in his grave.

I know some want to blame the offense but once in awhile they are going to have a down game.

In our last 4 loses they blew 2 score leads.
Today's was not a 2 score lead but games like this are when they really have to hunker down.

MSU had a ten minute time of possession advantage. Penn State couldn’t sustain drives and scores TD’s AGAIN. And still the D holds them to 21 points...held tOSU to 27 when they had been rolling everyone. It’s not Pry. We couldn’t score TD’s against tOSU either. Should have won that game going away.

MSU had a ten minute time of possession advantage. Penn State couldn’t sustain drives and scores TD’s AGAIN. And still the D holds them to 21 points...held tOSU to 27 when they had been rolling everyone. It’s not Pry. We couldn’t score TD’s against tOSU either. Should have won that game going away.
Look at the losses starting with the Rose bowl. Notice a trend

I don't understand rushing only 3 lineman on 3rd and long cost PSU 4 times, PSU was getting pressure with 4 down line man, rush 4 lineman- play bump and run and take your chances. When PSU came out in Prevent D on MSU last drive it was curtains.

Reactions: MaconNitt
Defense cant hold a lead. Goes back to the Rose Bowl. Somewhere Joepa is rolling over in his grave.

I know some want to blame the offense but once in awhile they are going to have a down game.

Today's was not a 2 score lead but games like this are when they really have to hunker down.
All of the last 5 losses with blown 4th quarter leads are fixed if there would be a solid short yardage run game. Need to be able to get under center and get 3 yards. Just a fact.

What I can't seem to understand is we never seem to be effective when blitzing. You see other teams blitz and they are effective and disrupt the offense .

When we do it rarely seems to be effective and it usually ends up with team make a play off it

It is a team effort. Offensive game plan was confusing and not effective. Had some very untimely pentalities. One that cost at least 4 points. Special teams dinked a field goal and defense had yet another issue imploding in the 4th quarter. A lot of blame to go around.

Reactions: psu1969a
What I can't seem to understand is we never seem to be effective when blitzing. You see other teams blitz and they are effective and disrupt the offense .

When we do it rarely seems to be effective and it usually ends up with team make a play off it
It's a simple explanation. Our DTs are average at best and don't ever demand double teamed. Consequently if the rb stays in to block the offense has a hat for every defender that's attacking the QB.

Reactions: NedFromYork
It's a simple explanation. Our DTs are average at best and don't ever demand double teamed. Consequently if the rb stays in to block the offense has a hat for every defender that's attacking the QB.
But it also means we are telegraghing them so no one on the offense is surprised on who they have to pick up

From what I saw being at the game without the benefit of watching a replay, MSU double teamed our best pass rushers most of the time. And most of the time that was our right side DE. YGM, and I saw Parsons get doubled when he came from the outside right.

As stated above if our DB catches an INT threw right into his arms on the last series we win. There were other dropped INT's during the game, as well as a few other poorly thrown passes that if our DB's turn around a second earlier they could have had INT's.

Special Teams also contributed to the loss big time. The fake punt was a backbreaker.

And the penalties were killers.

But can you really expect to win when you score 17 points at home? After you score 2 TD's pretty early in the game off of long runs against a team that was averaging giving up 33 yards rushing per game?

The offense was pathetic. I don't like all the designed QB runs (without the zone read). And the zone reads on the RB outside runs were not effective for the most part either. But from what I saw the MSU defense was keying on Miles when he was running the ball up the middle from the zone read and that's where I believe Trace should have kept the ball and ran around end a few more times early in the second half.

Trace had his worst game in recent memory. Many of the passes that were completed were off target with the receivers making the play.

Overall a team loss.

Two dropped interceptions in the fourth quarter were killers. There is no leadership on the defense. Someone needs to step up and make the big plays when the opportunities arise. It lifts everyone.

Reactions: liontown331
Defense and offense terrible today. No creativity to the game plan on offense, no rhythm to the playcalling. The worst was we are set up on their 30 after the pick and we are totally stonewalled. Never should happen.

D never gets enough pressure then gives up the big play at the worst time, again.

Same bad movie playing over and over.

on MSU last drive we started off by only rushing 3. Giving a qb time to pass is not a good idea

But it also means we are telegraghing them so no one on the offense is surprised on who they have to pick up
Our DL was facing a patch quilt OL and some commentator suggested running some stunts to add a degree of difficulty, perhaps even miscommunication. I guess Pry didn't read it. It seems our 4 man sheep, oops, bull rush is right up there with the prime directive in terms of.........its what we do.

ADVERTISEMENT