ADVERTISEMENT

Pros and Cons from today...

Shorter is the one that I have been somewhat disappointed in as he does not seem to get much separation.....he was supposed to be a physical specimen who runs great routes, who is very fast and has a great catch radius....have not really seen the route running nor the speed. He has caught what has been thrown to him.
Watch the 85 yard run from Journey Brown again. Shorter was outrunning him late on that run in order to block the defender on the left. IIRC Brown was a great track athlete and Shorter showed he was a little faster on that play. Ironically, had Shorter slowed to block the defender that caught Brown from behind that's probably a TD, but he can't really be blamed for that.

As an aside, I've been impressed with our downfield WR blocking this year. This is what it looked like 2 years ago under Gattis before the failed David Corley experiment.

That's the key to me. I know I'll get bashed for this but beyond the record the stats that are important to me are points scored and points against. So far so good. But if I throw out the supposed scrimmages against Buffalo and Idaho, "points for" is definitely a problem

If you do that, you're looking at a one-game sample. Hardly an adequate sample size from which to draw any conclusions.

had Shorter slowed to block the defender that caught Brown from behind that's probably a TD, but he can't really be blamed for that.

I thought that too at first. But then the guy Shorter did block probably makes the tackle anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT