ADVERTISEMENT

Props to Willie and the rest of the FLO team on WNO

matter7172

Nov 14, 2012
Didn't want to get this buried somewhere.

My son and I both thought that last night's event was truly incredible.

The wrestling was top notch - not too many of the matches were overly conservative and there wasn't a lot of stoppages during the matches. A lot of the guys were really letting it fly. Referees were on point also - particularly with stalemate situations, for example. Extremely few false starts in top-bottom situations, also, which helped things move along nicely.

Not only was the in-match flow excellent, but there was very little downtime between the matches. Things moved very well in that area, too. There were 10 matches, one of which went to OT and one of which ended early and, by my watch, the wrestling was over by 6:50pm. That was more like it!

So hat's off to Flo. They have refined the event in a short time and presented a quickly-paced, entertaining night of high caliber wrestling.

And hat's off to the wrestlers, who tried to provide high-action wrestling, even though a lot of them were clearly sucking wind during the matches.

Finally, notwithstanding the conflict with Journeymen's, Sunday night was a great call for an event at Grace. Parking, which can be challenging, to say the least, on other nights, was a snap last night.

I hadn't commented on this yet, but how about the amount of action in each bout? Even when they wouldn't turn to scores, these guys got after it. I know that elite match-ups often turn to chess matches and look like a top-tier college bout, but I was very, very impressed with the risk-taking and offensive output overall. It's awesome to see these guys go out there, let it hang, and shoot takedown after takedown.

Props to Flo, and just as importantly, props to the athletes involved. If I showed that to a casual fan or a HS/MS athlete, they would know what wrestling can look like.

Also, aside from the brief NLWC parting, I'm 100% on the Cody Brewer bandwagon. "I'm not just gonna go out there and stand around." Simple, but so darn fun to watch.

if you guys saw the amount of people they had working that event and then compare it to the early days of homemader videos its just awesome to watch this develop in front of us.

when I was in line for popcorn the production guy was giving the set guy instructions about angles to get. my son is like whats he yelling about. I said he wants to get the best video for us to watch and study when we get home. kid said, oh that makes sense, now how about that popcorn.

hats off to the vision AND the execution.

PS- smalls pants were dope and vais you need to let another button out...jk
Pss- Mr. T, I sat behind Eric and I wanted to jab a little about your fan base, but I think he had some problems to fix on his mind.

I also want to say thank you to Willie and the entire Flo Staff. Great job all around, and Michael Beard really enjoyed himself. He was wearing his new neon yellow shoes last night at practice and blinding my eyes. The fact that it's only an hour from our high school allowed over 40 members of our youth club and high school to attend. They were all very impressed, except those doctor's scrub pants did not meet Randy Cruz's and my fashion standards. Definitely took away from those Lehigh Valley cowboy boots. :cool:

My only change would be to add a 195, 220, and HWT next year. Would have loved to see a Warner vs Singletary match this past weekend.

I also want to say thank you to Willie and the entire Flo Staff. Great job all around, and Michael Beard really enjoyed himself. He was wearing his new neon yellow shoes last night at practice and blinding my eyes. The fact that it's only an hour from our high school allowed over 40 members of our youth club and high school to attend. They were all very impressed, except those doctor's scrub pants did not meet Randy Cruz's and my fashion standards. Definitely took away from those Lehigh Valley cowboy boots. :cool:

My only change would be to add a 195, 220, and HWT next year. Would have loved to see a Warner vs Singletary match this past weekend.

bump

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT