ADVERTISEMENT

Proof The Yankees Suck!

NitFan1974

Jul 24, 2012
This really grinds my gears! Why would the Yankees choose to do something for O$U fans? Maybe they figure that since there are hardly any suckeye fans in NYC, they won't lose that much money? Penn State has always been top dog in New York!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessela...hio-state-alumni-base-with-osu-day-promotion/

There are several benefits that come with winning a championship in sports, and now one more can be added to that list: having a day celebrated in your honor at Yankee Stadium before a New York Yankees baseball game.

Such is the case for Urban Meyer and his championship-winning Ohio State Buckeyes football team, who will be honored on Friday, May 8 when the Yankees take on the reigning AL East winners, the Baltimore Orioles. The Buckeyes, of course, won this past season’s college football national championship when they defeated Oregon, 42-20, back in January. They are being recognized for their achievement, which was also a historic one, as it was the first-ever title decided in the brand new College Football Playoff era.

You also need to realize that the Yankees had/have close ties with Columbus. Steinbrenner was *from* Ohio and attended tOSU as a graduate student--and was a GA under Woody. He paid for the new band room when Ohio Stadium was renovated/expanded and he had the Yankees AAA farm club in Columbus for over 25 years. He even met his wife in Columbus. So, aside from the money, this is no surprise.

And it's not as if the Yankees didn't just have *our* coach throw out the first pitch at a recent game.

Does anyone even pay attention to the first pitch ceremonies at an MLB game? Outside of Penn State fans I doubt many people noticed Franklin's first pitch. It's not likely many will notice Meyer either especially considering how strange it is to be throwing the ceremonial first pitch at a stadium over 500 miles away.

This really grinds my gears! Why would the Yankees choose to do something for O$U fans? Maybe they figure that since there are hardly any suckeye fans in NYC, they won't lose that much money? Penn State has always been top dog in New York!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jessela...hio-state-alumni-base-with-osu-day-promotion/
Even money Urban sails the pitch or bounces it in front of the plate. I assume he won't limp-wrist it up there.

What are the worst celebrity ceremonial first pitches? Didn't some mayor throw one between the plate and 1st base?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT