ADVERTISEMENT

Prime Cael Sanderson vs Prime Aaron Brooks: Who Would Win?

I responded on social media. I'd take Cael in his prime over either Aaron or David Taylor, but think that either one would take a couple of matches if they wrestled ten times and not many wrestlers in history could say that (maybe none could other than these two).

Reactions: hlstone
Cael by a bit. Not a major but not close either and I love AB. Cael was just on another level

Quoting another poster … Might be time to find a new hobby bosox2004

I’m taking brooks.

From what I have heard at least since last year, none has yet to beat Cael in our room.
Do you believe everything you hear ? Applying some logic or reasoning that doesn’t sound credible,last time Cael competed he came in 5th in worlds which was close to 15 yrs ago. You don’t think if he went live with top guys in the room today he wouldn’t get hammered . Sorry Cael in his mid 40’s isn’t beating Brooks . Don’t care who says otherwise

Cael all the way...were talking in their prime.......not wrestling in the room now. Not taking anything from Brooks buy Cael is the GOAT, not just with his coaching.

Reactions: Jayhouse
The two fantasy matches I would have liked to see would be Spencer Lee vs Sergei Beloglazov and John Smith vs Yojiro Uetake

Do you believe everything you hear ? Applying some logic or reasoning that doesn’t sound credible,last time Cael competed he came in 5th in worlds which was close to 15 yrs ago. You don’t think if he went live with top guys in the room today he wouldn’t get hammered . Sorry Cael in his mid 40’s isn’t beating Brooks . Don’t care who says otherwise
I agree with what you say for the most part but the rules in 2011 were a complete joke. Cael wins gold that year if it was 2024 rules. Used to basically favor just holding position and waiting for the coin flip.

I agree with what you say for the most part but the rules in 2011 were a complete joke. Cael wins gold that year if it was 2024 rules. Used to basically favor just holding position and waiting for the coin flip.
IIRC Snyder commented in a documentary about a trip to an international meet that Cael was still quite good for one period of wrestling. In his prime no one touched Cael's skills and fanatical drive to win. He no longer has the time to train his body to be in peak condition to wrestle internationally. Even losing a half step at 40 would be huge handicap. He's trying to help every wrestler in the room to become the best version of himself. He'll be praying that every one of our guys leaves it all on the mat and wrestles with joy and gratitude.

When do we get a program for the ladies? They deserve the opportunity to break Iowa's heart too.
When will this forum correct the dictionary to recognize the spelling of Cael's name and not accept Carl?
:D

Last edited:
I responded on social media. I'd take Cael in his prime over either Aaron or David Taylor, but think that either one would take a couple of matches if they wrestled ten times and not many wrestlers in history could say that (maybe none could other than these two).
I’m with you on AB, but he’s not yet optimized either, IMO. I’m not so sure about DT unless you’re talking Folkstyle—which makes total sense. DT has objectively had a much better freestyle career. Granted, Cael cut his short to coach—and I’m not complaining at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT