ADVERTISEMENT

President Barron, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING? Release the Report

That ship has sailed. It's to the point that even I've lost interest. Far too much time has been allowed to pass.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
Is this the report on the "source material" for the Freeh report the Alumni elected Trustee's reviewed?

Anthony,

I had the good fortune to meet you in Baltimore a few years back at The Joe We Know event. We talked about my son wanting to play in both your baseball stadium and Beaver Stadium one day. I know you have fought as much as anyone to shed light on how Joe was railroaded and subsequently his reputation tarnished.

I know that you would face serious backlash or possible some legal troubles from releasing your report from your time on the board. At some point it might take people like yourself willing to face whatever the consequences to make things right.

Looking forward to the truth. Looking forward to hopefully seeing my son attend the school I love, though without the truth I will continue to love it from afar.

Best of luck sir.

I thought some of the main content was already leaked and didn't Ralph write about it? Lubrano seems to be the only one of the A9 to be calling for its release. Even if released, likely to be dismissed and I think almost everyone but a few have moved on at this point. Why the BOT care now? Anybody who could have done something to shed some light on this topic already folded.

Maybe I imagined it...... but I seem to recall him standing up at a podium surrounded by an army of camermen and reporters from around the nation :)

Of course, there was also a time when that is what the Statue Trustees said they were going to do...... even using the same conference room, IIRC.

Anyway, it is what it is..... and what it is????
Your point is well taken. But Freeh's message absolutely did not make its own case without some dramatic support. First there was the leak (to CNN IIRC). Then there was the grandstanding press conference performance complete with the very conveniently faked website crash. That tactic assumed -- quite correctly -- that the media and general public would be far too lazy to read the report after Freeh spoon fed the desired narrative to them. And so it has been ever since.

There most certainly is no need for a “leak”.

All they gotta’ do - and what any non-idiot woulda’ been doing for the last three years - is tell people (especially the people who they owe that duty to) “What they found / What they didn’t find” and what their conclusions are.

None of that requires a “leak” of any kind.
Did Louis Freeh have to “leak” his conclusions and opinions?

The fact that the past leader of the Statue Advocacy is still pulling this “I can’t tell ya’” shit should tell ya’ all you need to know about the meaningfulness of their “409 Crusade”.

Jeebzus H.

In the meantime, their entire endeavor - which was a discombobulated shit show to begin with - has moved past the land of unimportant, and has landed in the pit of irrelevance.

It’s a GD idiot parade.

Alright. Since you already know for a fact what is in the Report and what it says, tell us.

And if all your wrath is directed at Anthony, that's beyond insane. He's had more pure guts and put more on the line than all the other "know it all" complainers on this message board put together.

I for one am EXTREMELY thankful for all of his efforts.

If you had been at the “special meeting” called by the Statue Trustees this summer (or paying attention over the last 3 years), you would know that the “report” is an absolute nothing (wrt the things the masses have been led on about)
So you've seen the report? Cool. Please share it with us since you have a leaked copy.

Super for you.....

But that’s not what I said :)
Gee, what a surprise...... not that I would expect a man of your intellect to understand the difference.

What I said was.... exact quote:

“I really don't much care what Anthony - or any of the Statue Trustees - have to say about "Freeh", at this point. Any potential meaning to that "endeavor" has long since been buried with Jimmy Hoffa (largely due to their incredible incompetence)..... “

I would LOVE to have the documents.
Well, at least “like” to have the documents :) (I would have “loved” to have them three years ago)

Im with Storm on this one. Now they are calling out Barron? Come on!!! What a joke.

Im with Storm on this one. Now they are calling out Barron? Come on!!! What a joke.
Yup. Why on Earth would anyone feel the need to hold the guy who publicly pledged to review the Freeh report accountable for it?

https://www.centredaily.com/news/local/education/penn-state/jerry-sandusky/article42868686.html

Penn State President Barron to review Freeh report
From CDT staff reports

November 15, 2014 07:53 PM

Updated November 15, 2014 08:54 PM

Penn State President Eric Barron will conduct a “thorough review” of the Freeh report, according to a statement released Saturday afternoon.

The fact that Barron was not present at Penn State when the report was released and questions raised by its findings within the Penn State community led Barron to look into the document, he said.

“I do not want people to believe that Penn State is hiding something,” Barron said in the statement.
“I feel strongly about this.”

Barron’s announcement comes on the heels of filings in the lawsuit between state Sen. Jake Corman and the NCAA suggest that there was collaboration between the NCAA and Freeh investigators and that the collegiate athletic sanctioning body bluffed the university into accepting sanctions levied in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
Trustee Anthony Lubrano, a vocal critic of the Freeh report, agreed with Barron’s decision.

“I am pleased that Dr Barron agrees with the alumni elected trustees,” he said. “I personally have urged such for a very long time.”

An an October meeting, the board voted down a resolution to further investigate the report and passed a resolution to monitor the situation.

Trustee Al Lord had previously made a motion to complete the investigation of the Sandusky scandal that, he said, was started but not finished by the report.

Last edited:
Im not saying he shouldnt be held accountable but he said that back in 2014!!!! It's 4 years later and now they are getting around to asking him about it??? Alumni have been all over Barrons comments for years asking the trustees to hold him to it but it has been nothing but crickets.

Yup. Why on Earth would anyone feel the need to hold the guy who publicly pledged to review the Freeh report accountable for it.

https://www.centredaily.com/news/local/education/penn-state/jerry-sandusky/article42868686.html

Penn State President Barron to review Freeh report
From CDT staff reports

November 15, 2014 07:53 PM

Updated November 15, 2014 08:54 PM

Penn State President Eric Barron will conduct a “thorough review” of the Freeh report, according to a statement released Saturday afternoon.

The fact that Barron was not present at Penn State when the report was released and questions raised by its findings within the Penn State community led Barron to look into the document, he said.

“I do not want people to believe that Penn State is hiding something,” Barron said in the statement.
“I feel strongly about this.”

Barron’s announcement comes on the heels of filings in the lawsuit between state Sen. Jake Corman and the NCAA suggest that there was collaboration between the NCAA and Freeh investigators and that the collegiate athletic sanctioning body bluffed the university into accepting sanctions levied in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.
Trustee Anthony Lubrano, a vocal critic of the Freeh report, agreed with Barron’s decision.

“I am pleased that Dr Barron agrees with the alumni elected trustees,” he said. “I personally have urged such for a very long time.”

An an October meeting, the board voted down a resolution to further investigate the report and passed a resolution to monitor the situation.

Trustee Al Lord had previously made a motion to complete the investigation of the Sandusky scandal that, he said, was started but not finished by the report.

The president of a top international university lied to the public. That's no big deal.

(Yeah, I know. Penn State is no longer a top international university. I embellished. We suck now, and guys like Anthony are making it worse. I hate me.)

FWIW.... and it does NOT make Barron any less of a complete douchebag....

Anyone with two synapses clicking on and off knew, from the moment Barron said it..... given the context in which he made that statement - not to mention the abundant level of douchebaggery he had already displayed in his, at the time, short tenure.... that his posturing was pure 100% nonsense (there was no way on God's green Earth that he was going to, or probably even would have had the ability to - conduct a "review")

Again, doesn't make Barron any less of a douche.... but I was stunned at the degree to which most (probably not all, but who knows) of the Trustees were "Charlie Brown-ed" by that idiocy. Lubrano's statement (referenced in the above article) was particularly head-scratching. Of course, that was a nearly identical "head-scratcher" to his trust in Jake Corman. Of course, we know who he got his marching orders from on that one.

Anyway.... it doesn't really matter much anymore. Anyone who cares certainly knows, by now, the level of Douchebag that resides in the PSU El Presidente Suite.
His douchebag status aside (word on the street is that we agree), Eric Barron either feels strongly about not wanting people to believe that Penn State is hiding something or he doesn't. And he is on the record as saying that he does. Time to prove it.

I would love to see Anthony pay for three billboards that Barron would see every single day...

I would be happy if there was just one put up.

One that proclaimed - in big, bold graphics...
"FREE ONION DIP... STOP HERE"....
with an arrow pointing down to a very busy railroad crossing.

The Wily Coyote approach but hoping to catch a big fat old head-in-the-ground ostrich instead of a Road Runner! :)

Reactions: stormingnorm
That's a nice thought. Time will tell.

Unfortunately, the reality is, IMO….
Barron either says:

Nothing
or
"It is no longer relevant"
or

"I've got more important and meaningful things to attend to"

And it really doesn't matter which of the three he chooses. I wish it were not so.... but I can't even MAKE myself believe differently - - - - the evidence to the contrary is simply too overwhelming.
And, any of the three, will impart zero negative impact to him at all (in fact, he will largely be applauded when he says either of the three).
In any event.... his putrid ass will be parked safely in the El Presidente Suite, surrounded by all the Onion Dip his heart desires.

The time to have made it an issue was four years ago. Some people realized that at the time. Others - apparently - did not.
It may not have had much impact even then (though it probably would have, if coupled with "responsible stewardship".... again, IMO)

But, it wasn't.... for that we can thank many people, including - but not limited to - No-Cattle Spartacus (who now, as an EX Trustee, doesn't even have a hat :) ).

Of course he has more important things to attend to, the goddam fvcking buffet line!!!

Reactions: PSUPride1
That's a nice thought. Time will tell.

Unfortunately, the reality is, IMO….
Barron either says:

Nothing
or
"It is no longer relevant"
or
"I've got more important and meaningful things to attend to"

And it really doesn't matter which of the three he chooses. I wish it were not so.... but I can't even MAKE myself believe differently - - - - the evidence to the contrary is simply too overwhelming.
And, any of the three, will impart zero negative impact to him at all (in fact, he will largely be applauded when he says either of the three).
In any event.... his putrid ass will be parked safely in the El Presidente Suite, surrounded by all the Onion Dip his heart desires.

The time to have made it an issue was four years ago. Some people realized that at the time. Others - apparently - did not.
It may not have had much impact even then (though it probably would have, if coupled with "responsible stewardship".... again, IMO)

But, it wasn't.... for that we can thank many people, including - but not limited to - No-Cattle Spartacus (who now, as an EX Trustee, doesn't even have a hat :) ).

I don’t think he will need to or have to say anything. No one will ask him about it.

Maybe I imagined it...... but I seem to recall him standing up at a podium surrounded by an army of camermen and reporters from around the nation :)

Of course, there was also a time when that is what the Statue Trustees said they were going to do...... even using the same conference room, IIRC.

Anyway, it is what it is..... and what it is????
The point you seem to be missing here is that the “Statue Trustees,” as you call them, would be violating a court order if they gave the sort of press conference you reference above. Just because you, a legend in your own mind, think there is an easy answer to this situation, doesn’t make it so. Take your over the top, self-aggrandizing rhetoric somewhere else. It is getting tiresome.

Reactions: PSU2UNC and Nitwit
The point you seem to be missing here is that the “Statue Trustees,” as you call them, would be violating a court order if they gave the sort of press conference you reference above. Just because you, a legend in your own mind, think there is an easy answer to this situation, doesn’t make it so. Take your over the top, self-aggrandizing rhetoric somewhere else. It is getting tiresome.

These trustees are expendable. They can throw their lives away. Just give us what we want. Now!

:eek:

The statue trustees did their review knowing that it was under gag order.

They were only satisfying their own curiosity.

That's why I was opposed to their review. They fought for access for themselves, at our expense. Their fight ended when they got access. It was a most selfish self serving act.

That's why I was opposed to their review. They fought for access for themselves, at our expense. Their fight ended when they got access. It was a most selfish self serving act.

What's this "our expense" bullshit? As far as the motivation being "self-serving" there is no evidence of that.

Billy-Madison-1.gif

What's this "our expense" bullshit? As far as the motivation being "self-serving" there is no evidence of that.

The expenses for the "fight" were rembursed by PSU. Which is our money, at least if you live in PA.

They very clearly did not fight for access for all, just for themselves. That's the very definition of self serving.

The "court order" was at their request, was it not?

LOL.

Well..... everything you wrote is bullshit, and has been clearly and definitively shown to be. When you decide to either remain ignorant..... or insist on clinging to something you know is wrong (which one is it?) .... what’s that all about?

Do you tire of being wrong?

Ah, screw it. Whatever floats your boat. The world - apparently - needs ignorant sycophants too.
Not to mention, that entire carnival show of the Statue Trustee Report has been rendered as meaningful as “lightly used” toilet paper........ but cling to that like the rosary if you wish.
And I bet you still wonder why it is that you don't get more support.

Hint- it's not what you say, it's how you say it. As soon as you start to personally insult people, they tune you out. And that is shame, because you have spent a lot of time on this and you do have something to say.

But your impact will be less even that the A-9 as long as you deliver your message the way that you do.

The expenses for the "fight" were rembursed by PSU. Which is our money, at least if you live in PA.

They very clearly did not fight for access for all, just for themselves. That's the very definition of self serving.
The court fees could have been avoided if the OG trustees would have just let the elected trustees see the documents (as they should have). Or better yet, made them public (as they should have).

So it is the non-A7 who is at fault for the legal fees, not Lubrano et al.

ADVERTISEMENT