6Oct. 9at Iowa L 5-1TBA
7Oct. 16Open Week
8Oct. 23vs. Illinois W 6-112:00 p.m.
9Oct. 30at Ohio State W 7-1TBA
10Nov. 6at Maryland W 8-1TBA
11Nov. 13vs. Michigan W 9-1TBA
12Nov. 20vs. Rutgers W 10-1TBA
13Nov. 27at Michigan State W 11-1TBA

well, that would get us into the B1G championship game with one loss but wins over the East contenders Indy, tOSU and Michigan. When is the last time we won @ Ohio State?

Reactions: bdgan
losses to Wisky, Auburn and OSU. 9-3

Maybe we beat Auburn so 10-2 at best.

I think Wisky and Auburn are overhyped.. I think Ball State will be tough

No matter what I will watch every game..
Ball State is a "trap" game...A MAC team located between a very important B1G and regular-season opener and the white-out on national TV against a SEC opponent. They won the MAC last year and a bowl game against San Jose State. Anthlon picks them for #2 in the west and missing the MAC playoff despite returning 17 starters from last year's championship team.

2. Ball State

The Cardinals claimed the program’s first MAC title since 1996 with a stunning 38-28 victory over Buffalo in the conference championship game last December and capped the year by beating San Jose State in the Arizona Bowl. With 17 starters returning, Ball State has a great shot to repeat as the MAC champion.​
Previewing the Offense
Strength: The Cardinals can rely on the right arm of quarterback Drew Plitt, along with one of the MAC’s top duos at receiver Justin Hall and Yo’Heinz Tyler, to pilot an attack that averaged 34.2 points a game last season. All five starters return up front.​
Concern: Pass protection (28 sacks allowed) has to improve, and the offense can be more explosive on a play-by-play basis (5.82 in 2020). The ground game averaged just 3.9 yards per carry in 2020.​
Incoming Transfers: OL Damon Kaylor; WR Chayce Bishop; TE Casey Coll; WR Jayshon Jackson​
Previewing the Defense
Strength: Coordinator Tyler Stockton has this defense on the right track after Ball State held teams to 25.8 points a game last year – down from 31.4 in 2019. This unit ranked fourth in the MAC versus the run and led the conference in takeaways (17). The Cardinals return the top linebacker unit in the conference.​
Concern: Ball State cut its points allowed last year, but opposing offenses still averaged nearly six yards a snap (5.94) against this defense. The secondary was vulnerable to giving up a few big plays and top cornerback Antonio Phillips was one of the few players who departed after 2020.​

Last edited:
Reactions: N&B4PSU
well, that would get us into the B1G championship game with one loss but wins over the East contenders Indy, tOSU and Michigan. When is the last time we won @ Ohio State?
Those wins have been few and far between. I think it would have been the Bradley as HC in 2011. Mark Rubin was the hero?
Before that I think I have to go back to 1978. Yikes.

WeekDateOpponentTime
1Sept. 4at Wisconsin L 0-112:00 p.m.
2Sept. 11vs. Ball State W 1-13:30 p.m.
3Sept. 18vs. Auburn W 2-17:30 p.m.
4Sept. 25vs. Villanova W 3-1TBA
5Oct. 2vs. Indiana W 4-1TBA
6Oct. 9at Iowa L 4-2TBA
7Oct. 16Open Week
8Oct. 23vs. Illinois W 6-212:00 p.m.
9Oct. 30at Ohio State L 6-3TBA
10Nov. 6at Maryland W 7-3TBA
11Nov. 13vs. Michigan W 8-3TBA
12Nov. 20vs. Rutgers W 9-3TBA
13Nov. 27at Michigan State L 9-4TBA

My predications, Team not ready for first game and it is away and we lose in Wisky, Iowa always seems to have our number and it is at Iowa, beating O$U at the shoe is near impossible for us, and MSU at the end of the season and at MSU in horrible weather always seems to give us problems as well. I hope I am wrong but this is what my gut is telling me right now, but then again I haven't eaten breakfast yet.

My predications, Team not ready for first game and it is away and we lose in Wisky, Iowa always seems to have our number and it is at Iowa, beating O$U at the shoe is near impossible for us, and MSU at the end of the season and at MSU in horrible weather always seems to give us problems as well. I hope I am wrong but this is what my gut is telling me right now, but then again I haven't eaten breakfast yet.
I would disagree with Iowa having "our number" They had "joe's number" but until last year we won the last 7.
But Its going to be a tough game.
Disagree about MSU as well.

I would disagree with Iowa having "our number" They had "joe's number" but until last year we won the last 7.

Clarifying my thoughts on Iowa, some of those wins were close and could have gone either way. McSorely and company led to some of those wins. Clifford and Co isn't McSorely and Co that can pull wins out in 4th Qtr and its away so I consider that a loss(I hope I am proven wrong). As far as MSU, I know they have a new coach and with the old coach you never knew which MSU team would show up to play us. Same thing though with my comments on Iowa, MSU is away, MSU can be bad weather, Clifford and Co isn't McSorely and Co, edge goes to home team(again I hope I am proven wrong). I hope I am wrong and we end up 12-0 or 11-1 and a chance for the CFP.

Clarifying my thoughts on Iowa, some of those wins were close and could have gone either way. McSorely and company led to some of those wins. Clifford and Co isn't McSorely and Co that can pull wins out in 4th Qtr and its away so I consider that a loss(I hope I am proven wrong). As far as MSU, I know they have a new coach and with the old coach you never knew which MSU team would show up to play us. Same thing though with my comments on Iowa, MSU is away, MSU can be bad weather, Clifford and Co isn't McSorely and Co, edge goes to home team(again I hope I am proven wrong). I hope I am wrong and we end up 12-0 or 11-1 and a chance for the CFP.
I guess we could use that same logic with OSU.🤷‍♂️
Im not disagreeing with your thought that we could lose to Iowa just that "they have our number".

Reactions: TheBigUglies
7 and 5 with losses to Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio State and 2 of Ball State, Auburn, Indiana, Michigan and Michigan State. I don't know which ones but if the defensive line struggles as much as I think they will and we fail to play complimentary football putting even more pressure on the defense, we are in trouble regardless of how fast the offense acclimates to the new system.

WeekDateOpponentTime
1Sept. 4at Wisconsin W 1-012:00 p.m.
2Sept. 11vs. Ball State W 2-03:30 p.m.
3Sept. 18vs. Auburn W 3-07:30 p.m.
4Sept. 25vs. Villanova W 4-0TBA
5Oct. 2vs. Indiana W 5-0TBA
6Oct. 9at Iowa L 5-1TBA
7Oct. 16Open Week

My goodness, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. The current vegas line is 8.5 wins. If you are serious about this, you should put every dollar you have on the over. Lots of margin for error and you still clean up.
--------------------------------------
@Wisky
Auburn
Indy
@Iowa
@OSU

IMHO, very low chance they win 4 of these

My goodness, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. The current vegas line is 8.5 wins. If you are serious about this, you should put every dollar you have on the over. Lots of margin for error and you still clean up.
--------------------------------------
@Wisky
Auburn
Indy
@Iowa
@OSU

IMHO, very low chance they win 4 of these
I feel we will be better than at least three of those teams: Auburn, Indy & Iowa (but they play tough at home)

I guess we could use that same logic with OSU.🤷‍♂️
Im not disagreeing with your thought that we could lose to Iowa just that "they have our number".
Yeah, I use the wrong words a lot sometimes. Sometimes gets me in trouble. :)

• Haha
Reactions: BBrown
WeekDateOpponentTime
6Oct. 9at Iowa L 5-1TBA
7Oct. 16Open Week
The curse of The Hawkeyes continues?

8-4.... worst case 7-5, best 10-2 (sure we could go 12-0 but can't see it). Even Umd isn't a given with their QB set to give us fits.

As I said previously, we need to get out there and score a lot of points... the Offense has that potential, so fingers crossed.

Agree PSU will win at Iowa and beat Wisconsin .Ball state is a trap game but PSU wins a close one.Auburn will be very tough.Think psu runs all over Indy.

WeekDateOpponentTime
6Oct. 9at Iowa L 5-1TBA
7Oct. 16Open Week
No3A6fd.jpg

I can see 4-8 (worst case) as easily as 9-3 (best case) with 7-5 most likely.

I accepted PSU football mediocrity a few years ago.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PSU&Trout
I see a 9-3 at worst and 10-2 at best. The most difficult game being OSU, with Wisconsin and Iowa being very difficult. If the Nittany Lions are undefeated going into the OSU game then anything is possible.

I have to say 8-4. There will be several close games that could go either way and it will depend on our record in those games.

Weird year to predict. I view it as a low floor, high ceiling type of season. Getting a win in Madison hopefully builds some early confidence but I have major doubts for that one especially with another new OC calling the plays.

Which year did you accept their "mediocrity"? The year they played in the Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, or Cotton Bowl?
i agree with the mediocrity comment, almost. 6 teams are winning the day over and over, and the difference between us and many others is a cliff dive. So I accepted that, massaged myself with thoughts of the big 6 cheating, and set my sites on NY6. Expectations are everything.

We beat OSU at OSU in 2011 and in 2008 when Devlin came in for Clark and Terrelle Pryor was their QB.

2008 was actually a great year except for the Rose Bowl result...we beat Michigan, OSU and Wisconsin in the same season for probably the only time ever. Too bad about the Iowa debacle....that one still stings.

WeekDateOpponentTime
6Oct. 9at Iowa L 5-1TBA
7Oct. 16Open Week