ADVERTISEMENT

Postgame PC - PSU media

Zone-Blitz

Oct 27, 2013
First question to Franklin “ Your defense was on it’s heels all day but played better in the OT. What adjustments did you make?” Seriously!?! WTF. When did PSU reporters become so gutless? Are they THAT afraid of Franklin? They just lost to a 2-5 Illinois team whose head coach said his own team sucked earlier in the week, and you ask that? How about “ coach, you just lost in 9 overtimes to a 2-5 team that ran the ball down your throat at will all day long, does Brent Pry have a job on Monday?”

I’ve said for years that all penn state press conferences are a joke. Non of them want to piss JFF off and get blackballed from any questions. But you are right, there are only so many can you tell us about the development of Nick Tarburton questions one can take.

I’ve said for years that all penn state press conferences are a joke. Non of them want to piss JFF off and get blackballed from any questions. But you are right, there are only so many can you tell us about the development of Nick Tarburton questions one can take.
Well the much hated Dave Jones asked if Franklin felt he had the team ready.

First question to Franklin “ Your defense was on it’s heels all day but played better in the OT. What adjustments did you make?” Seriously!?! WTF. When did PSU reporters become so gutless? Are they THAT afraid of Franklin? They just lost to a 2-5 Illinois team whose head coach said his own team sucked earlier in the week, and you ask that? How about “ coach, you just lost in 9 overtimes to a 2-5 team that ran the ball down your throat at will all day long, does Brent Pry have a job on Monday?”
Exactly. But the Penn State media has always been gutless. They never, ever ask Ed tough questions. It's the liberal nature of the Norteastern media. Franklin faced a tougher media when he was at Vanderbilt.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoBareFeet
Last question I believe was the toughest......all others complete soft balls.

Well, when Franklin becomes a real 2022 politician he won't even take questions!

;) ;) ;)

Reactions: ram2020
The local press simply doesn’t have the marbles to ask the tough questions….whether he side steps them or not, they need to be asked.

Why is there not a QB on the roster that is capable of stepping g in for a less than 100% Clifford?

why after numerous years can you still not run the ball effectively? Where is the problem….RB or OL?

why did Dotson not touch the ball one time in the OT possessions?

Why did your secondary seemingly need to make 90% of the tackles today?

why have you not figured out how to regroup your team after a loss…..leading to two straight losses?

why do your teams always come out seemingly half-asleep for early games?

I could go on and on…..but no one is going to ask these questions even though they need to be answered.

The local press simply doesn’t have the marbles to ask the tough questions….whether he side steps them or not, they need to be asked.

Why is there not a QB on the roster that is capable of stepping g in for a less than 100% Clifford?

why after numerous years can you still not run the ball effectively? Where is the problem….RB or OL?

why have you not figured out how to regroup your team after a loss…..leading to two straight losses?

I could go on and on…..but no one is going to ask these questions even though they need to be answered.
I love it. I started a thread a few years ago where you could post question like that and it was interesting to say the least.

Is there a more discredited profession than journalism?

Seriously.

Bielema has had success running the ball everywhere he has coached. We have so many weapons offensively this shouldn’t have been a game.

How about “ coach, you just lost in 9 overtimes to a 2-5 team that ran the ball down your throat at will all day long, does Brent Pry have a job on Monday?”
Why not phrase it as “coach, you had the best defense in the Big Ten through 7 weeks. Since they struggled today, would overreacting and firing him for a bad performance be the right move”?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT