ADVERTISEMENT

Post your coaching qualifications here

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
It will help us all to evaluate how much weight to give to opinions

Please include-

highest level coached at(pee wee, jr high, hs, college, or NFL)
highest position-( QC, position coach, coordinator, HC)
won/loss record

-

Please include-

won/loss record

-

How do you weight the opinion of guys like Fat Charlie who could run Xs and Os but couldn't develop a kid to save his life? I mean, the guy has rings
What about someone like Spurrier who recruited really really well, but when talent was similar, generally got out-coached on game day?

I guess you also discount the opinion of thousands of people who have spent their professional careers following football, but haven't coached and give more weight to the opinion of my cousin Ralph, who doesn't know much about football, but helped out with his kid's pee wee team a few years back.
I'm seeing some holes in this strategy.

Please include-

won/loss record

-

I am a physicist. To zeroth order, I assume that all players are spheres, and calculate their trajectories as classical scattering interactions.

Sometimes I break down plays from the previous weekend with the ladies I work with so I consider myself more of a football analyst/consultant than a coach. Much like uncle Eddie, I held out for a management position.

Reactions: kevin310
I always carefully read and committed to memory the analysis provided by Bushwood.

My granddaughter went to pre-school with the daughter of a guy who played 3 or 4 years in the NFL. We sat at the same table for one of their programs.

Studied under Knute Rockne and Vince Lombardi. Coached along side Joe Paterno and Bear Bryant. Gave some ideas about the west coast offense to Bill Walsh. Tutored a young Bill Bellicheck on how to construct a defense.

As far as Xs and Os, I’ve seen both of these movies...

ClearcutTenderCusimanse-size_restricted.gif

Funny-gifs-Make-Tic-tac-toe-not-war.gif

Last edited:
I was personally directly responsible for the design and implementation of KU’s 6-3-3 goal line D vs. PSU back in the Orange Bowl.

(Having suffered a knee injury earlier that fall, my recovery down-time involved extensive film watching and game planning.)

The plan was foolproof and would have worked but, at the very last minute, unbeknownst to me, the referees assigned to the game were no longer from the Big (10) conference but were a legitimate football officiating crew that could count.

The level of funny this post is cannot be measured in anything less than light years.

Thanks, ro. As a high school student I was so skinny that the only position I could possibly play was sideline marker - not the guy who held the sideline marker, but the sideline marker itself. I have loved Penn State football from when I was a physics grad student there, and what I lack in football knowledge I more than make up for with enthusiasm.

Reactions: psuro and sluggo72
I can operate a DVR so well that I can fast forward through any NFL or NCAA football game in 45 minutes or less without missing a second of the action

Reactions: Connorpozlee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT