ADVERTISEMENT

POST-MATCH THREAD: PSU Beats Iowa

giphy.gif
Im thinking there will be some more shoes to get @CowboyUp61

better get the cart ready

2 second mark - that's made up bullshit. I said that there is an adjustment at the 2-3 second mark
I said I rewatched. The clock shows 2 secs when there is 2 seconds or less of time remaining. I said Carter changed positions with 2 seconds showing on the clock and less than 2 seconds remaining. I didn't ascribe that statement to you. Nothing was made up or BS.

You may (or may not) insist the position change occurred between 2 and 3 seconds on the clock. I disagree with only that after rewatching frame by frame.

Ok, so since its post match............

It was 2 at the end of regulation for Kemdawg..........

Warner's knee is what he was howling about..........

JE was gassed and took a chance........

DeSanto needs to get his head up.......

and

From an article in Early Jan:

"The recent commits of both Arnold and Barr are further proof that this longstanding rivalry between the Penn State Nittany Lions and the Iowa Hawkeyes isn’t going anywhere. As years go by and various superstar athletes are lost to graduation, both institutions reload."

OSU seems to be on quite the recruiting role right now, but neither PSU or Iowa have anything to hang their heads about. Looking forward to the continued rivalry between these two programs.

Mike

The only thing I can make out of that video is that Angel awarded two when Kem lifts his leg and raises Star's ankle. That is the only change in the position and it happened after tim expired. It makes sense to me as the move requires control of the head/arm and leg. Kem's leg lying on the ground does nothing for control. Once he engaged it, two was called but it was late.

The only thing I can make out of that video is that Angel awarded two when Kem lifts his leg and raises Star's ankle. That is the only change in the position and it happened after tim expired. It makes sense to me as the move requires control of the head/arm and leg. Kem's leg lying on the ground does nothing for control. Once he engaged it, two was called but it was late.
But is that laced or otherwise meet the key missing element of required merkle control? That's a rhetorical question. I've resigned myself to never knowing. Only Angel Rivera knows how he judged control after time expired, and I don't think he's saying.

Im no rules expert and the book/videos do not explain it well. Im a coach and ref youth tournaments from time to time. I call two when the head and arm is held and the leg is engage and the offensive wrestler is stretching the bottom wrestlers body. This to me is control.

For anyone like me that DVR’d The B1G Story: The Brands Brothers only to have it cut off by the late match… set your DVR for 1:00pm tomorrow (2/4). It’s on BTN again.

Reactions: dunkej01

Has anything new been stated on this thread since page 1?

jmadden is out setting the O/U at Zero on Star takedowns of KemDawg. That's interesting.
Ok, so since its post match............

It was 2 at the end of regulation for Kemdawg..........

Warner's knee is what he was howling about..........

JE was gassed and took a chance........

DeSanto needs to get his head up.......

and

From an article in Early Jan:

"The recent commits of both Arnold and Barr are further proof that this longstanding rivalry between the Penn State Nittany Lions and the Iowa Hawkeyes isn’t going anywhere. As years go by and various superstar athletes are lost to graduation, both institutions reload."

OSU seems to be on quite the recruiting role right now, but neither PSU or Iowa have anything to hang their heads about. Looking forward to the continued rivalry between these two programs.

Mike
What rivalry?

You are probably right. Intense, left knee is trash, right knee needs surgery, right elbow has been reconstructed, left shoulder has a torn rotator, back has two bulged discs........I'd definitely fit right in!
For the record we didn't break you.

I didn’t see this mentioned or speculated on. Warner had his knee wrapped for Dean and started squealing as soon as Dean started the bow and arrow Which made me think his knee was very hurt. Warner’s next match his knee isn’t wrapped..
It makes me wonder if the knee being wrapped was for potentially dangerous calls if Dean got on top..
conspiracy theory for sure but it makes me wonder.

I didn’t see this mentioned or speculated on. Warner had his knee wrapped for Dean and started squealing as soon as Dean started the bow and arrow Which made me think his knee was very hurt. Warner’s next match his knee isn’t wrapped..
It makes me wonder if the knee being wrapped was for potentially dangerous calls if Dean got on top..
Warner has had that wrapped all year so no lol. I always thought the bow and arrow pressures the back a lot more than the knee if anything. I think Warner did scream to see if he can get a PD call but his eyes definitely swelled so he was in very real pain so no need to excessively bash the kid.

I wasn’t saying anything to bash anyone. I’ll have to rewatch the match but I thought he started being vocal as soon as max started moving his leg up.
‘All I said was it was odd.. also I didn’t realize he was taped up all year.

Here's a bar bet you're gonna lose. What's Spencer Lee's winning percentage against top 3 ranked opponents, according to Wrestlestat's rankings at the time they wrestled?

A. 1.000
B. 0.900
C 0.875
D. 0.500

Spencer

Here's a bar bet you're gonna lose. What's Spencer Lee's winning percentage against top 3 ranked opponents, according to Wrestlestat's rankings at the time they wrestled?

A. 1.000
B. 0.900
C 0.875
D. 0.500

Spencer

D. 0.500
What do I win?😀

A. 1.000
B. 0.900
C 0.875
D. 0.500

Spencer
Technically you asked for a “percentage”… and then wrote four numbers varying from 0.5 to 1.0. So technically, the choices vary from 0.5% to 1.0%.

I’m going Montgomery Brewster and choosing “None of the Above”.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
That is a very, very interesting observation.

Meh, kid is nails. Lies, damned (sorry) lies and statistics. Numbers can be used for persuasion by cherry picking.

S. Lee beat Piccininni 4 of 5, including a pin, MD, and a 7-point decision. He is 2-2 vs Rivera, which includes a MD win. And he's 2-1 vs Tomasello which includes a pin. Those are the three "top-3" guys he lost to.

Against top-5 (at the time), Lee is 9-4, with 2 Majors, 1 Tech Fall, and 2 Falls.

Stop trying to degrade the kid's accomplishments. He's not a Penn Stater, but an extremely talented wrestler.

That is a very, very interesting observation.
Dean should send Iowa a bill for fixing Warner’s knee.

ADVERTISEMENT