Possible that Stock Market Panic Starting Now

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Very hard to predict stock market, but as I type this Nasdaq down 2.3%, Dow 1.5% and Bitcoin 2.8%. Huge one day drop on top of other losses. Undoubtedly there will be bottom feeders to prop up market at some point today. Interesting to watch how market moves today and rest of the week.

TFBaum

Jan 22, 2020
Very hard to predict stock market, but as I type this Nasdaq down 2.3%, Dow 1.5% and Bitcoin 2.8%. Huge one day drop on top of other losses. Undoubtedly there will be bottom feeders to prop up market at some point today. Interesting to watch how market moves today and rest of the week.
Bitcoin is correlation to the market is remarkable

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
I wouldn't call it a panic. Maybe on the crypto side. Market has been due for a correction. Small cap stocks have been correcting for over a month. Mid cap and large cap it's their turn now.

Vic Vaselino

Nov 14, 2009
SELL, SELL, SELL!
They're all selling?
Then BUY, BUY, BUY!

Jerry

May 29, 2001

You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until the Ukraine war that Senile Joe's puppeteers are blithely blundering us into.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until the Ukraine war that Senile Joe's puppeteers are blithely blundering us into.

I certainly hope you‘re not right about that, but then there is also concern about Taiwan as well.

His policies created this mess and if he can’t properly navigate this situation at this late date, the next President will be forced to try and clean up the mess he created. And it‘s all a result of his weak and incoherent foreign policies and was greatly accelerated by the naive, incompetent, and stupid way he had us withdraw from Afghanistan. A classic example of leading from behind with the rest of civilized nations looking to the US for leadership and not receiving any. And as usual, these “other nations” are weak and naive, but when the shit hits the fan and things get out of control they expect us to fix the damage.

It’s a crisis that is self created by sending the wrong signals to the thugs of the world and things have now escalated into a potential pissing contest.

Just hope is not too late to diffuse this without getting drawn into another fiasco.

Last edited:

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
I certainly hope you‘re not right about that, but then there is also concern about Taiwan as well.

His policies created this mess and if he can’t properly navigate this situation at this late date, the next President will be forced to try and clean up the mess he created. And it‘s all a result of his weak and incoherent foreign policies and was greatly accelerated by the naive, incompetent, and stupid way he had us withdraw from Afghanistan. A classic example of leading from behind with the rest of civilized nations looking to the US for leadership and not receiving any. And as usual, these “other nations” are weak and naive, but when the shit hits the fan and things get out of control they expect us to fix the damage.

It’s a crisis that is self created by sending the wrong signals to the thugs of the world and things have now escalated into a potential pissing contest.
No world in which the us can take on both Russia and China at the same time. Maybe, just maybe, creating a conspiracy theory about Russia for five years and then starting a war with them in Ukraine was a bad idea.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
This is good. Maybe I'll be able to find a contractor for a home improvement project that got shut down.

Isn't it unbelievable? I contracted with "Handy.com" which is a handyman service I tried to use to install a garbage disposal. After re-scheduling my appointment 4 times, they just flat out cancelled the installation. Couldn't get anyone. Finally got someone who charged me more than the disposal cost.

Life is good for these skilled tradesmen. They just hang on apps like Home Advisor and pick and choose. I'm guessing on a good day they can easily pull down a grand.

According to NJ, technology is going to take their jobs away..... lol....

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
No world in which the us can take on both Russia and China at the same time. Maybe, just maybe, creating a conspiracy theory about Russia for five years and then starting a war with them in Ukraine was a bad idea.

That’s a great point as Biden and Democrat rhetoric over the past 5 years and especially over this past year just drove Russia closer and closer to China. Constant drum beat by Biden and Democrats of bashing Russia at every opportunity certainly didn’t help. And there is no doubt that China is watching this situation very closely Before they move. And don’t forget about “missile“ man in NK.

Seriously, I hope to hell that it‘s not too late for Russia to blink at this late date. I certainly don’t expect our NATO allies to take a lead. Trouble is if we continue to show incompetence, weakness, and lack of real leadership here and putting our tail between our legs and retreating, and I’m not sure what’s next. I certainly don’t want to see our US forces get drug into another self created quagmire especially in another area of the world far from home, but he allowed this to escalate MUCH too far.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Selling/Panic generally continues. Nasdaq now -3.85%, Dow -2.71% Bitcoin rebounding. Down only .32% Bitcoin will be interesting to watch as waves of buyers and sellers come in.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
Isn't it unbelievable? I contracted with "Handy.com" which is a handyman service I tried to use to install a garbage disposal. After re-scheduling my appointment 4 times, they just flat out cancelled the installation. Couldn't get anyone. Finally got someone who charged me more than the disposal cost.

Life is good for these skilled tradesmen. They just hang on apps like Home Advisor and pick and choose. I'm guessing on a good day they can easily pull down a grand.

“I don’t even have any good skills. You know like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!”—Napoleon.

Get some good skills and install it yourself.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
General markets rebounding some but still substantially in the red. Bitcoin up about 3 and 1/2% now. Last 20 minutes of the market today will be very interesting. If market is significantly down today and down further on Friday, I think we can say we are in at least a substantial correction.

Reactions: jjw165

bdgan

May 29, 2008
“I don’t even have any good skills. You know like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills!”—Napoleon.

Installing a garbage disposal is very easy. Probably a 30 minute job.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

You know, it really does burn my ass paying a guy $200 for 15 minutes of work. Of course, I don't know how much he drove to get here or how much he invested.

My most recent crowning handy achievements include repointing my satellite dish and installing a 7' welded wire fence to keep the shit rats out of the garden. Both are working well, but the fence looks like I installed it... lol....

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA

That's why it pays to learn to do minor plumbing, electrical, framing, etc. Save yourself a lot of trouble and money.

HartfordLlion

Sep 28, 2001
You know, it really does burn my ass paying a guy $200 for 15 minutes of work. Of course, I don't know how much he drove to get here or how much he invested.

My most recent crowning handy achievements include repointing my satellite dish and installing a 7' welded wire fence to keep the shit rats out of the garden. Both are working well, but the fence looks like I installed it... lol....

Youtube is your friend. It at least gives you a good idea if it something you can handle.

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
That's why it pays to learn to do minor plumbing, electrical, framing, etc. Save yourself a lot of trouble and money.

If he had one, he should turn in his man card for not knowing how to install a deposal.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012

You're paying not only for labor, but also his skills. People say the same to me regarding horses. Then I hand them my tools and say, go for it. Drive nails into that hoof. Trim that horse properly. Oh, you can't even pick up his feet? Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Youtube is your friend. It at least gives you a good idea if it something you can handle.

Did the dish and the fence from Youtube. Hard to believe there are so many fence video's... lol...

Even learned to drain my hot water heater from Youtube.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
The arrogant elitist we all know rears his ugly head.

LOL... The unhinged angry lunatic we all know rears his ugly head.... I throw you a bone to install my garbage disposal and you bitch.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
This isn't surprising to anyone with a brain. I wonder if the leftwing pundits will blame this on Trump.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001

I do that stuff myself. Recently changed a bunch of lights, added dimmers, moved a doorway and a bunch of drywall correction of the shitty work the builder did in a couple spots when he built my house.

Latest posts