ADVERTISEMENT

Positively hysterical how many posing supposed-fan trolls are marketing "10-2 [and a NY6 Bowl] makes 'us' a second tier program".....

And why are any of those teams even trying, don’t they know their seasons are over since they all have two or more losses?
LSU can still win the SEC West and therefore aren't done despite two losses because you can make the playoff in the SEC at 11-2.

No one said teams should try--it just isn't impactful if you win or lose.

Rutgers fans are probably thrilled with this even if they lose by 14+

Yes, the ACC is the worst P5 conference though on par with the Big Ten West if we're being truthful here.
LSU is beating Alabama in the 3rd QTR.

Notre Dame is beating Clemson in the 3rd QTR

Rutgers is beating Michigan at the half.

Somehow Franklin is responsible for all three, I imagine.
Franklin wound be 1 and 5 if he played all those teams.

And why are any of those teams even trying, don’t they know their seasons are over since they all have two or more losses?

His latest is that winning isn't "impactful"..... you know, because nobody cares if you go to a NY6 Bowl and finish the season well into the Top 10.... or if you go to weedeater bowl and finish unranked..... Don't you know? Such a typical ASWPer - so bitter that PSU is going to go 10-2 and go to a NY6 Bowl - he's beside himself.

Go away trolls. A solid 2022 campaign will be followed by two very special years.

This is a solid year. It just won't result in playing meaningful games. Part of that is the idiotic 4 team playoff. There's a reason no other sport does that. Even MLB expanded despite having 162 game season.

Problem today is with Clemson and Bama losing, if Franklin could hold onto a 4th quarter lead for once in his life against a Top 10 opponent, PSU is in driver's seat for playoff. Instead, we are hoping for Citrus Bowl and a cute mention at end of year. So close but light years away.

5 teams in top 25 to 4. Can’t be that much worse. Can you guess who had the 5?
5 teams in top 25 to 4. Can’t be that much worse. Can you guess who had the 5?
Most should not be ranked, and several won’t be next week. Big Ten East is better than Atlantic and miles better than the Coastal. Big Ten West in a down year is better than the Coastal. Even the AAC is better than the Coastal. Done with this. Can’t believe you are serious.

Most should not be ranked, and several won’t be next week. Big Ten East is better than Atlantic and miles better than the Coastal. Big Ten West in a down year is better than the Coastal. Even the AAC is better than the Coastal. Done with this. Can’t believe you are serious.

Oh, but he's a PSU fan because he put "lion" in his moniker - don't you know?

Yea I know, but even if I was Va Tech fan I would understand my conference and especially my division was not up to par.

A mediocre 3-loss ND really exposed the ACC last night - they didn't just beat Clemson, they took Clemson behind the woodshed.

2022 NFL Draft by Conference:

SEC65
Big Ten48
Big 1225
Pac-1225
ACC21
AAC19
Mountain West11
Missouri Valley Football Conference8
C-USA6
MAC6
Sun Belt6
Independent5
Big Sky3
SoCon2
SWAC2
CAA1
CIAA (DII)1
Great American (DII)1
Gulf South (DII)1
Ivy1
MEAC1
MIAA (DII)1
Patriot1
South Atlantic (DII)1
WAC1

Reactions: NedFromYork
Lol. Take off the Big Glasses and you would see the ACC is better team by team then the Big10. Franklin should be glad he avoids Illinois this year. His best win this season is against garbage 5 win Purdue whose best win is Maryland.
This aged badly. Your Dabo and his band of orange idiots got POUNDED by a very average ND team. Clemson stinks.

And great call about Illinois who got thumped by the team from the Longest Yard (MSU).

UNC is probably the best team in the ACC and their defense STINKS.

It's their latest hysterical mantra after all their bullshit about how we'd be lucky to win 7 games coming into the season [insert eyeroll]. So let me get this straight, after telling us repeatedly that the ceiling for this team in a clear rebuilding year was 8-4 or 9-3, but more likely 7-5, 6-6 or worse, accomplishing something that they said couldn't be done (10-2 and a NY6 Bowl) should be considered a clear sign of failure.... - well done dipshits - nobody saw this one coming...... LMFAO.
St Joe's career record was second tier. Only averaged 9 wins a season.

JoePa won a heck of alot of games in the 70s playing no one. I’m sorry, but beating Big Ten also-rans is a lot tougher than alot of those independent schedules we had pre Big Ten.
PSU’s schedule in ‘69 was tougher than the other contenders (tOSU, Texas, and Arkansas) and on par with the other contenders in ‘73 and ‘77, with the relevant placement depending on what factor one seems most important.

PSU’s schedule in ‘69 was tougher than the other contenders (tOSU, Texas, and Arkansas) and on par with the other contenders in ‘73 and ‘77, with the relevant placement depending on what factor one seems most important.
Curious as to your analysis on the 69 schedule. One ranked team (WV) as opposed to 2 for TX (Arky and OU). How exactly was it tougher?

Curious as to your analysis on the 69 schedule. One ranked team (WV) as opposed to 2 for TX (Arky and OU). How exactly was it tougher?
For one thing, I go by a truer end of season ranking as opposed to an at the time early season one. PSU played 2 ranked regular season opponents (WVU and CU) as opposed to Texas’s 1 (Arkansas). I question why one would try and pass off OU as a ranked opponent with the benefit hindsight when they finished 6-4. If you disagree, please make sure to come back at the end of this season and remind everyone how Texas A&M is a #6 team?

Back to ’69, In addition to more ranked opponents, the cumulative records of said opponents were:
Tex: 47-64-1 .424
PSU: 58-52-2 .527

If you have a different feeling about the schedules, I’d like for you to explain it.

For one thing, I go by a truer end of season ranking as opposed to an at the time early season one. PSU played 2 ranked regular season opponents (WVU and CU) as opposed to Texas’s 1 (Arkansas). I question why one would try and pass off OU as a ranked opponent with the benefit hindsight when they finished 6-4. If you disagree, please make sure to come back at the end of this season and remind everyone how Texas A&M is a #6 team?

Back to ’69, In addition to more ranked opponents, the cumulative records of said opponents were:

If you have a different feeling about the schedules, I’d like for you to explain it.

What about margin of victory? I honestly don't know the answer.

But beating a team by 30 means more than beating a team by a late field goal. Why fans purposely overlook that part of the equation is mystifying.

@crm114psu is a human punching bag that hates Penn State.

My apologies, I was looking at the wrong data.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
ADVERTISEMENT