ADVERTISEMENT

Positively hysterical how many posing supposed-fan trolls are marketing "10-2 [and a NY6 Bowl] makes 'us' a second tier program".....

This--until we're on the level of Michigan/Ohio State we shouldn't be "happy" with how the season played out. The goal hasn't been achieved.
Welllll, I wasn disappointed with the effort vs. OSU.

Michigan was shockingly bad.

The season has been ok, given where I expected it to be.

But the long term situation is worrisome.

Reactions: MacNit07
Going 10-2 every year in the nation’s 2nd best conference makes you a top 10, maybe top 6-8 program. I’ll love it if that is achieved every year. I’ll wish for the occasional 11-1 and 12-0, but 10-2 is a lot more fun than 7-5 or 8-4.

JoePa won a heck of alot of games in the 70s playing no one. I’m sorry, but beating Big Ten also-rans is a lot tougher than alot of those independent schedules we had pre Big Ten.
No one’s like Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Nebraska and Pitt when the latter two were Top 5 level programs…yep, he beat nobody!

No one’s like Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Nebraska and Pitt when the latter two were Top 5 level programs…yep, he beat nobody!
Penn State did play Pitt every year in the 70s. Of course, Pitt was 22-32 for the first half of the 70s,

There was one game against Nebraska in the 70s. It was in 1979. PSU lost.

They’ve never played Oklahoma in a regular season game. They did play them in a 1972 bowl game. PSU lost.

They played Miami in 1976, 1977 and 1979. Miami was 3-8, 3-8 and 5-6 those three years.

No regular season games against Notre Dame in the 70s. One bowl game in 76. PSU lost.

No regular reason games against Alabama in the 1970s either. But two bowl losses to them.

The schedule did improve in the 2nd half of the 70s. My comment about PSU’s week SOS was meant for Paterno’s first 10 years. I said 70s when I should have said late 60s to early 70s. From 68-74 their best SOS was 50th; they went 72-8 in those seasons.

Last edited:
It's their latest hysterical mantra after all their bullshit about how we'd be lucky to win 7 games coming into the season [insert eyeroll]. So let me get this straight, after telling us repeatedly that the ceiling for this team in a clear rebuilding year was 8-4 or 9-3, but more likely 7-5, 6-6 or worse, accomplishing something that they said couldn't be done (10-2 and a NY6 Bowl) should be considered a clear sign of failure.... - well done dipshits - nobody saw this one coming...... LMFAO.
Seriously, the LMFAO moment is the denial of some of the fanbase.
-The JF record against the B1G 2 says PSU is not a serious challenger.
-3rd in the BIG east as a ceiling after week 8, yet again, says PSU is not a serious challenger.
-The JF 0-fer record in big games says PSU is not a serious challenger.

10-2 potentially this year is as much an indictment of the schedule as anything. It's very possible that PSU will not have beat a team this year that finishes in the top 25.

But other than that, yes, PSU is a top program led by a guy that could challenge for a Natty at any moment. "LMFAO"

Reactions: crm114psu
Welllll, I wasn disappointed with the effort vs. OSU.

Michigan was shockingly bad.

The season has been ok, given where I expected it to be.

But the long term situation is worrisome.
OSU‘s performance today is certainly taking the shine off of our performance last week.

OSU‘s performance today is certainly taking the shine off of our performance last week.

Really? There were 40 mph winds which eliminated the passing game for both teams - given that duhO$U might have the best passing attack in the nation, it was a huge equalizer.

Really? There were 40 mph winds which eliminated the passing game for both teams - given that duhO$U might have the best passing attack in the nation, it was a huge equalizer.
Yes, really.

I would expect OSU to smash them at LOS, just based on traditionally superior line recruiting.

This moron is clearly an ASWPer posing-troll -- what does it tell you about a supposed-adult who falsely claims he's a PSU fan on a PSU-dedicated board for the purpose of spewing his moronic bullshit?
Been a fan since 93. Sorry not old enough to remember the 70s or most of the 80s, so I’m not in the Joebot category as I thought he should have hung them up after he broke the record for wins.

However, I’m a realist, and expect people to perform to what they are paid. If Franklin was making 2-3mil a year his performance would be acceptable. However he is paid to be great and just isn’t that. By that metric he rates all the second guessing.

Maybe my expectations are just to high, but I guess that’s why I was able to retire in my 40s to enjoy life. I do get a kick out of you all that take message board banter personal.
Stop with anything ACC whether Franklin is a good coach or not. ACC is the worst P5 conference most years.
Lol. Team for team they would compete with Big. Take out OSU and Big has borderline playoff team most years. By default OSU as it stands now is the only reason the Big is relevant in college football.

Been a fan since 93. Sorry not old enough to remember the 70s or most of the 80s, so I’m not in the Joebot category as I thought he should have hung them up after he broke the record for wins.

However, I’m a realist, and expect people to perform to what they are paid. If Franklin was making 2-3mil a year his performance would be acceptable. However he is paid to be great and just isn’t that. By that metric he rates all the second guessing.

Maybe my expectations are just to high, but I guess that’s why I was able to retire in my 40s to enjoy life. I do get a kick out of you all that take message board banter personal.

Lol. Team for team they would compete with Big. Take out OSU and Big has borderline playoff team most years. By default OSU as it stands now is the only reason the Big is relevant in college football.
Take Clemson out and the ACC wouldn’t have a team even sniffing the playoffs.

he’s the 13th highest paid coach in the country. Based on that he’ll be outperforming what he’s paid when they finish inside the top ten. (I think it’s a dumb metric but you went there).

you’re pretty out of touch with the college coaching pay scale. Go look at what coaches make 2-3 million a year and report back.

he’s the 13th highest paid coach in the country. Based on that he’ll be outperforming what he’s paid when they finish inside the top ten. (I think it’s a dumb metric but you went there).

you’re pretty out of touch with the college coaching pay scale. Go look at what coaches make 2-3 million a year and report back.
Beating teams outside the top 10 is his ceiling. Enough said.

that’s not what you said though. You said he performs like a 2-3 million dollar coach and isn’t performing in conjunction with his pay rate.
Until he beats top teams his ceiling is much lower then what he is paid for. After all these years it is pretty evident he needs great coaches around him to win.

Until he beats top teams his ceiling is much lower then what he is paid for. After all these years it is pretty evident he needs great coaches around him to win.
The other top coaches win with bad assistants?

Again, not your original argument. Dude has the 4th highest base salary in the division and his assistant salaries are even lower than other programs you aspire to beat. OSU pays their d coordinator 1.9 million.

2-3 million in the big ten gets you mike locksley. 4 gets you Greg schiano. Go bitch on one of their boards about results.

Reactions: john4psu and mcpat
that’s not what you said though. You said he performs like a 2-3 million dollar coach and isn’t performing in conjunction with his pay rate.

Trouble with memory in your retirement?
lol. So he should make 5 mil. Either way he will never bring PennState into relevance.

Again, not your original argument. Dude has the 4th highest base salary in the division and his assistant salaries are even lower than other programs you aspire to beat. OSU pays their d coordinator 1.9 million.

2-3 million in the big ten gets you mike locksley. 4 gets you Greg schiano. Go bitch on one of their boards about results.
third because MSU admin is more idiotic then PennStates.

Very true. So then we would debate which conference is more irrelevant.
You might be the only person in the country (outside of ACC fans) who even think there might be a debate. The ACC is the worst conference in the P5 with Clemson….they would be G5 level without Clemson.

Reactions: gptakba
You might be the only person in the country (outside of ACC fans) who even think there might be a debate. The ACC is the worst conference in the P5 with Clemson….they would be G5 level without Clemson.
Yes, the ACC is the worst P5 conference though on par with the Big Ten West if we're being truthful here.

And still better than any team in the ACC not named Clemson.
Michigan and Ohio State are far better than Clemson
We'd be 4th--agreed
Then after that--the ACC would have the next how many teams now that Illinois is exposed as a fraud?

LSU is beating Alabama in the 3rd QTR.

Notre Dame is beating Clemson in the 3rd QTR

Rutgers is beating Michigan at the half.

Somehow Franklin is responsible for all three, I imagine.

LSU is beating Alabama in the 3rd QTR.

Notre Dame is beating Clemson in the 3rd QTR

Rutgers is beating Michigan at the half.

Somehow Franklin is responsible for all three, I imagine.
And why are any of those teams even trying, don’t they know their seasons are over since they all have two or more losses?

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT