Polling Data Indicate Politicians Will Pay Dearly for 'Inflation Reduction Act'

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
The Inflation Reduction Act is nearly as big of a lie as the RUSSIA hoax........... What they have in common is that democrats like being lied to.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/ar...early_for_inflation_reduction_act_846366.html

Given the state of the economy, gas prices, baby formula shortages, inflation across the board and a disruptive two-year pandemic, favorability towards Washington leaders is unsurprisingly low. President Biden and the Democrats’ approval ratings are the lowest for any President in history at just 38%, according to the latest Gallup Poll. This is why, understandably, elected officials want to return home before the midterm elections with some good news to curry favor.

The Inflation Reduction Act was named for this very reason. It includes new spending to extend Affordable Care Act subsidies, which are otherwise set to expire in October just before a large block of voters head to the polls. To help pay for these subsidies, the bill includes new taxes and Medicare prescription drug reform that lawmakers characterize as "savings" for seniors. The problem is it is hugely unpopular to rob Peter to pay Paul, heralding savings for Medicare on one hand, while neglecting the impact of reduced innovation and development for medications on the other. Moreover, it is unfavorable to reallocate Medicare savings to pay for new spending such as the Affordable Care Act subsidies and green energy policies. Regardless of where lawmakers fall on this approach, a majority of voters oppose this spending plan.

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Not only that but I heard Screwmer say today that they are using 300million to pay down the deficit. Ummm you don't pay down deficits you pay down debt. If you want to reduce the deficit you cut spending.

That statement has been tested to fool the retards that live in this country!

BicyclePete

May 29, 2001
Part of this bill is to hire 86,000 IRS agents. That's not a typo. To put this into perspective there are a grand total of 20,000 border guards.

What do you think the plan is with that many IRS agents?

If you voted for Biden, you are an idiot.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Not only that but I heard Screwmer say today that they are using 300million to pay down the deficit. Ummm you don't pay down deficits you pay down debt. If you want to reduce the deficit you cut spending.

That statement has been tested to fool the retards that live in this country!

I found that to be pretty funny too.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
RWNJ's won't like the Inflation Reduction Act? They must LOVE inflation. To each his own, I guess..

Reactions: maypole

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
RWNJ's won't like the Inflation Reduction Act? They must LOVE inflation. To each his own, I guess..

Not as much as LWNJ like you......

The only people Biden has done right by is the repo man.

united-states-repo-rate.png

Reactions: tIUguy2

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Not as much as LWNJ like you......

The only people Biden has done right by is the repo man.

united-states-repo-rate.png
Leave it to Deacon Hermy to post a graph that is devoid of information as to what it is supposed to show. I note that the Y axis starts at zero and shoots up to 2.5. Is this Y axis supposed to represent the number of men Hermy fluffs per day? Seems a bit low in my estimation.

Reactions: maypole

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Leave it to Deacon Hermy to post a graph that is devoid of information as to what it is supposed to show. I note that the Y axis starts at zero and shoots up to 2.5. Is this Y axis supposed to represent the number of men Hermy fluffs per day? Seems a bit low in my estimation.

What to repo men do Mr. WORST****INGLAWYEREVER?

NC.Lion

Jan 11, 2021
Part of this bill is to hire 86,000 IRS agents. That's not a typo. To put this into perspective there are a grand total of 20,000 border guards.

What do you think the plan is with that many IRS agents?

If you voted for Biden, you are an idiot.
Really funny thing is the people they will come after the most are middle class. You really think they are going to want to deal with a billionaires attorney in a long court battle, no, they will end up finding middle class people who forgot to pay interest on a bank account or a stock purchase and end up taking more money from them.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Really funny thing is the people they will come after the most are middle class. You really think they are going to want to deal with a billionaires attorney in a long court battle, no, they will end up finding middle class people who forgot to pay interest on a bank account or a stock purchase and end up taking more money from them.

That's exactly what will happen. The middle class doesn't have the resources to fight the IRS. So now they will be looking for small business owners who misstated 10% of their income of $200,000.

Nazi tactics for sure.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
The Inflation Reduction Act is nearly as big of a lie as the RUSSIA hoax........... What they have in common is that democrats like being lied to.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/ar...early_for_inflation_reduction_act_846366.html

Given the state of the economy, gas prices, baby formula shortages, inflation across the board and a disruptive two-year pandemic, favorability towards Washington leaders is unsurprisingly low. President Biden and the Democrats’ approval ratings are the lowest for any President in history at just 38%, according to the latest Gallup Poll. This is why, understandably, elected officials want to return home before the midterm elections with some good news to curry favor.

The Inflation Reduction Act was named for this very reason.
It includes new spending to extend Affordable Care Act subsidies, which are otherwise set to expire in October just before a large block of voters head to the polls. To help pay for these subsidies, the bill includes new taxes and Medicare prescription drug reform that lawmakers characterize as "savings" for seniors. The problem is it is hugely unpopular to rob Peter to pay Paul, heralding savings for Medicare on one hand, while neglecting the impact of reduced innovation and development for medications on the other. Moreover, it is unfavorable to reallocate Medicare savings to pay for new spending such as the Affordable Care Act subsidies and green energy policies. Regardless of where lawmakers fall on this approach, a majority of voters oppose this spending plan.
do you work?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Do you have any hobbies?

Haven't you heard? I grow tomatoes (eggplants, peppers, tomatillos....).

I also golf. I think we talked a bit about me adding 30 yards to my drive through Superspeed training.

I've had number of conversation with one poster about cooking.

You?

bdgan

May 29, 2008

It includes new spending to extend Affordable Care Act subsidies, which are otherwise set to expire in October just before a large block of voters head to the polls. To help pay for these subsidies, the bill includes new taxes and Medicare prescription drug reform that lawmakers characterize as "savings" for seniors. The problem is it is hugely unpopular to rob Peter to pay Paul, heralding savings for Medicare on one hand, while neglecting the impact of reduced innovation and development for medications on the other. Moreover, it is unfavorable to reallocate Medicare savings to pay for new spending such as the Affordable Care Act subsidies and green energy policies. Regardless of where lawmakers fall on this approach, a majority of voters oppose this spending plan.
Do you really think the dems are done? I expect more executive orders forgiving debt.

It's vote buying season

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Do you really think the dems are done? I expect more executive orders forgiving debt.

It's vote buying season

Oh that's coming for sure. Again, one of the bigger canards out there, but those that loved to be lied to buy it.

The AVERAGE student loan monthly payment to the AVERAGE starting monthly salary today is damn near the same as it was in the 80's.

Reactions: Ski

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020
Haven't you heard? I grow tomatoes (eggplants, peppers, tomatillos....).

I also golf. I think we talked a bit about me adding 30 yards to my drive through Superspeed training.

I've had number of conversation with one poster about cooking.

You?
Golf, golf, golf , you get my drift. Read a lot. Travel as much as I can.

maypole

May 9, 2022
Last edited:
Reactions: franklinman

bdgan

May 29, 2008
No need to print money. If the government collects more than they spend
That ain't happening. Obamacare expansion for people who for some reason are still out of work due to covid is "scheduled" to end in 3 years. Of course that isn’t the plan, is it?

It's the typical liberal slight of hand showing 10 years of taxes vs 3 years of expense.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

maypole

May 9, 2022
It's the typical liberal slight of hand showing 10 years of taxes vs 3 years of expense.
Nice try. A little sleight of hand of your own, liar. That is only for the ACA provision, which is a minor cost relative to the total, not the climate and IRS funding. No analysis I’ve seen claims that, including by those against the bill., liar. The CBO estimates it will reduce the deficit $102B from 2022 to 2031.

Last edited:

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Nice try. A little sleight of hand of your own, liar. That is only for the ACA provision, which is a minor cost relative to the total, not the climate and IRS funding. No analysis I’ve seen claims that, including by those against the bill., liar. The CBO estimates it will reduce the deficit $102B from 2022 to 2031.
According to a Penn-Wharton analysis, this expansion of Obamacare will actually cost $228 billion (not $64 billion) over ten years if the subsidies are made permanent.

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
It amazes me that anyone could be fooled into thinking that printing more money will not be inflationary
The money lines the pockets of the government elites... that’s all it does. They make $$$ off all these lousy bills. Hire 76,000 new IRS agents? That’s their way of paying for it. They won’t be auditing the elite!

bdgan

May 29, 2008
No need to print money. If the government collects more than they spend
In a year and a half of Biden we've had a $1.9 trillion bailout bill, a $1.1 trillion infrastructure bill, a $0.3 trillion chip bill, and a $0.7 trillion green bill. That's $4 trillion above and beyond "normal" budgeted spending.

But this isn't inflatonary and we won't have to print money?

Last edited:

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I love it that the left is getting more angry when faced with the failure of Joe Biden and the realization that TRUMP was better.....

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
Having read all of the drug pricing provisions, let me just say that the pharma industry is completely ****ed in five years. You can forget about the best of the science they’re doing these days.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Having read all of the drug pricing provisions, let me just say that the pharma industry is completely ****ed in five years. You can forget about the best of the science they’re doing these days.

Translation: divest your pharmaceutical holdings.......

SR108

Jan 13, 2004

80,000 new IRS agents, 0 new border agents. WTF!!

Reactions: Ski