ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Who are your nominations for the next wave of Bond Girls?

Who should be the next Bond girl(s)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

Threw this together after someone requested this poll in the New James Bond thread, so there hasn't been a ton of thought about this on my part. Historically, there are three categories of Bond girls - Femme Fatales, Sidekicks, and Sacrificial Lambs (so, you get two votes here given there are typically different standards for each archetype). I could probably do a poll for each one but simply don't have the time. Fortunately, some of these women work better as one category than the other.

My criteria based on historical use of Bond girls is that you have older established actresses, model/actresses, and relatively new actresses. I tried to mix in all three here. Let me know what you think, and of course, please share your write-in's (BWI Council of Elders will have flags at the ready for picture offenders!)! BONUS POINTS: Post who you voted for and give her/them a classic Bond girl name!

1. Emily Ratajkowski

54a769be3112d_-_elle-rata-insta-1-24375723.png

2. Chanel Iman

tumblr_nq7ldl9rBM1sz68wxo1_1280.jpg

3. Christina Hendricks

Christina-Hendricks-New-Hot-Pic-2013-01.jpg

4. Alexandra Daddario

5346b5527686d86f770117be_alexandra-daddario-true-detective-01.jpg

5. Alicia Vikander

alicia-vikander.jpg

6. Gal Gadot

Gal-3.jpg

7. Marion Cotillard

tumblr_nqhsrr9EYy1rnbekgo1_1280.jpg

8. Genesis Rodriguez

genesis-rodriguez-in-esquire-magazine-mexico-january-2015-issue_7.jpg

9. Charlize Theron

actress-charlize-theron.jpg

10. Zoe Kravitz

zoe-kravitz-gq.jpg

I like exotic or unique looking gals for Bond. Something the separates, visually. But why is Daddario swimming naked with spikes on?

I like exotic or unique looking gals for Bond. Something the separates, visually. But why is Daddario swimming naked with spikes on?

DOES IT MATTER??? :)

I voted for Vikander (sidekick) and Rodriguez (sacrificial lamb). Also, I'm sort of stunned at how few blondes I ended up with.

Reactions: jjsocrates
So many right answers, although Charlize and Zoe don't do a lot for me compared to the others. That said I could see Zoe pulling off the exotic role.

Threw this together after someone requested this poll in the New James Bond thread, so there hasn't been a ton of thought about this on my part. Historically, there are three categories of Bond girls - Femme Fatales, Sidekicks, and Sacrificial Lambs (so, you get two votes here given there are typically different standards for each archetype). I could probably do a poll for each one but simply don't have the time. Fortunately, some of these women work better as one category than the other.

My criteria based on historical use of Bond girls is that you have older established actresses, model/actresses, and relatively new actresses. I tried to mix in all three here. Let me know what you think, and of course, please share your write-in's (BWI Council of Elders will have flags at the ready for picture offenders!)! BONUS POINTS: Post who you voted for and give her/them a classic Bond girl name!
1. Emily Ratajkowski - British Russian spy Femme Fatale: Lana (Svetslana) Fairwell

4. Alexandra Daddario - American Side Kick: CIA Code Name: Amanda Blake, Real Name: Vicki Holiday [edit: Vicki with an i not a y]

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
1. Emily Ratajkowski - British Russian spy Femme Fatale: Lana (Svetslana) Fairwell

4. Alexandra Daddario - American Side Kick: Code Name: CIA Amanda Blake, Real Name: Vicky Holiday

Good names!! Here's mine:

1. Alicia Vikander as Danish INTERPOL Cyber Agent Kitty Larsen (sidekick)

tumblr_nublplyoR61si1aapo1_1280.jpg

2. Genesis Rodriguez as Venezuelan socialite Lola Honeypot (sacrificial lamb)

tumblr_mk3eo2vgKk1rcx27qo1_500.jpg

Reactions: bmw199

being exotic and unique. nice body. not great, but interesting.

Happy to see everyone get a vote! I love that Hendricks is holding her own in a very tough category.

Reactions: 91Joe95
It's a good poll when everyone receives votes. My other write-in would be Keira Knightley. She was my biggest Hollywood crush as soon as I watched PotC Black Pearl so I am biased there haha

She's good in every role though for the most part.

It's a good poll when everyone receives votes. My other write-in would be Keira Knightley. She was my biggest Hollywood crush as soon as I watched PotC Black Pearl so I am biased there haha

She's good in every role though for the most part.

Oh, she's great - was fantastic in 'The Imitation Game' too and the best part about another movie I saw with her recently 'Begin Again' (with the criminally underrated Sam Rockwell). She reminds me of cuter, British Winona Ryder. And she's really malleable; can play the cutesy dork, or the full on vamp....

keira-knightley-fluch-der-karibik-2003-californien-disney-land.jpg

Reactions: 91Joe95
Oh, she's great - was fantastic in 'The Imitation Game' too and the best part about another movie I saw with her recently 'Begin Again' (with the criminally underrated Sam Rockwell). She reminds me of cuter, British Winona Ryder. And she's really malleable; can play the cutesy dork, or the full on vamp....

keira-knightley-fluch-der-karibik-2003-californien-disney-land.jpg
She is built like my nephew....lol. Great actress but not bond girl material.

I am going to go a different route, and nominate Frieda Pinto. She has captured my eye since Slumdog Millionaire.

I would cast her as a half Indian half Brit - Indian Mother and British father, and give her a name that captures both ethnic groups;

Preeti Wylde

I would cast her as a sidekick to Bond,

Robbie and Daddario good choices but how about for woman of mystery
Nora Arnezeder.

She is on Zoo. She was born in France.
images
images
images
images
images
images

Not familiar with her but she's a stunner! Excellent choice!

I am going to go a different route, and nominate Frieda Pinto. She has captured my eye since Slumdog Millionaire.

I would cast her as a half Indian half Brit - Indian Mother and British father, and give her a name that captures both ethnic groups;

Preeti Wylde

Good choice. She's my former sig pic.

Preeti Wylde

Oh, great choice! She was really great in some terrible Woody Allen movie a few years back too. Would love to see more Indian/Persian actresses in Hollywood.

ADVERTISEMENT