ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Where are you from now not growing up?

Where are you from?

• Pennsylvania

Votes: 151 47.2%
  • Maryland

Votes: 14 4.4%
  • New Jersey & Delaware

Votes: 18 5.6%
  • New York, Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Ohio & Michigan

Votes: 15 4.7%
  • Virginia & West Virginia

Votes: 20 6.3%
  • The Carolinas

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Florida & Georgia

Votes: 22 6.9%
  • West of the Mississippi River

Votes: 30 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 23 7.2%

• Total voters
Grew up in Budd Lake, NJ
Went to the University of Dayton
Lived in Cincinnati area for 7 years
Lived in Louisville for the past 22 years

Never in a million years would I have thought I'd end up in the Midwest.

Reactions: LionJim
NEW. JERSEY. o_O now. Before that, I lived in Michigan, about 20 minutes from ann arbor, for 11 years.

I’m not sure if I‘m better or worse. Heaven forbid, but I may be the same. 😞

Baltimore Co, MD
State College, PA
Newport News, VA
Baltimore Co, MD
Charles Co, VA
New Kent Co, VA
Woodbridge, VA
Howard Co, MD (current)

I grew up in PA when the economy was really, REALLY bad. I went to college in WVa. I changed majors to a new major the school had never had before. It was a technology and business major combined. I was the first to graduate that major and had to convince recruiters that it was a "thing". I had six job offers in WVa, PA, and Ohio. The one in Ohio was in computers and I thought that was the future so I took it. I eventually made my way to Cleveland but have worked out of my home since 1991. I really like CLE. I recently spent a lot of time in the Silicon Valley (They called Ohio the "Silly Corn Valley") and that place is just unreal beautiful. But all things considered, am happy here in Ohio and would recommend it to anyone. If NY or LA are "nice places to visit but you wouldn't want to live there", Ohio is the "nice place to live but you wouldn't want to visit there".

I grew up in Berwick, PA but, with the exception of a year following my wife's career at Command and General Staff College at Ft. Leavenworth, I have lived in Northern Virginia since the fall of '87.

Since 1950 I've lived first in Union Co. NJ, and now in Monmouth Co. NJ, with the exception of 1969 and 1970, when I was living in an altered state of consciousness enjoying the hospitality of the U.S. Army.

Born in Pittsburgh, PA ... 1932
Grade schl-Mt. Washington(Cargo)
Middle school- Oakland (Frick)
Hi schl-Mt. Oliver(Brentwood HS)
College: Penn State College
Freshman year-Edinboro STC lived in hotel in Cambridge Springs...
Soph/Senior- State College
Army: Ft. Belvoir and Ft. Knox
Grad School: Penn State University
Employed:
Lived first in Bethlehem, PA...
Then moved to Allentown. PA...
Then moved to Hanover Twsp., just
North of Bethlehem...
Then moved back to Bethlehem...
Then moved back to Hanover Twsp... have lived in the Lehigh Valley for the last 64 years...
NIX BESSER!!!

Last edited:
Luzerne county PA
Spent some time in Kentucky
Moved to Sullivan County Pa (Same hills and hillbillies, but with the Big Ten Network available)

Started off in the anthracite-producing paradise of Schuylkill County, college in suburban Phila., US Navy to Newport, Rhode Island and Norfolk, Virginia, grad school in the beautiful town of Indiana, Penna., then back to Delaware County for 10 years, then the last 21 in Pittsburgh.

I will never live west of Youngstown or east of the Susquehanna River. They'll plant me here in The Steel City.

Reactions: Fac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT