Poll: Trump leads 2024 Republican field with DeSantis in distant second

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
This shows why right wingers are often unhinged. How can any decent human being like Trump over DeSantis? Because Trump acts like a tough guy, you guys like hm better? How well did his tough guy act workout last time. One thing about January 6th you can't make excuses for Trump is he allowed it to happen for several hours before telling people to stop.

DeSantis policies are right in line with Trumps for the most part. However, DeSantis is a way better person, would not divide the country like Trump, is not half a racist, is way better to work with and work for, but you guys would rather a worse human being in office when you could have DeSantis a way better person with the same policies you like.
C'mon Gorki,
First of all I would much prefer DeSantis to Trump but after that you go off the rails.
Folks like Trump for 2 reasons and they are tied together.
1. For how many years have people from both parties [ goes back as far as Jimmy Carter] said they are running as an outsider. [Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Trump etc] However only Trump actually did run things like an outsider. Like it or not is there a President in modern history who actually did what he said he would do more than Trump?
Between the Washington swamp and the MSM Trump ran into huge resistance and only his abrasive personality persevered. Being in favor of a secure border doesn't make you a racist saying there are some true conservatives that don';t support CRT doesn't make you a racist, saying the virus that started in Wuhan was a Chinese virus doesn't make you a xenophobe.

I would like DeSantis because he might try to buck the swamp. More importantly he might be Trump -light. We get maybe 75% of the Trump policy without the huge turnout against Trump that would surely happen if he were to run.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Did Trump call Mexicans rapists?

Hmmm.

If I recall correctly, he was speaking about illegal immigrants not being the best of Mexico citizens.

And, he seems to be correct. 30 percent of female illegal immigrants report being assaulted DURING their trip.
Here is Trump's full statement which is terrible. "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people. " https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...dealers_and_rapists_are_crossing_border.html#!

80 to 90% of the Mexican illegals are good people. They have broken American law and don't have a right to be here. However, when they are here, the vast majority of them work hard and leave most people alone. Half of my high school in Calif was Mexican American. Trump doesn't know these people. One of my best friends from high school is Mexican American and he is more conservative than me and he voted for Clinton. It is amazing to me that notwithstanding this awful statement Trump gets about 35% of hispanic vote.

All he would have to do to get another 2 or 3% of the vote in a national election is walk it back and apologize and say he went overboard. Something like "the Mexicans are by and large very good people, but we just can't let in every Mexican who wants to come and they have to abide by our laws." In a situation like this the policy formulation is exactly the same as if you [very incorrectly] label the Mexicans as bad people. Trump is too small and stubborn to do the right thing and help conservatives everywhere.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
"Unfortunately?!" Shiat, that's GREAT news! He will get his ass handed to him in the general in the unlikely event he manages to win the GOP nomination.

LOL... By Joe Biden... Stop making a fool of yourself. The truth of Joe Biden is now in plan view.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
I5Fbs5p.jpg

^^^^ THIS ^^^^

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
This shows why right wingers are often unhinged. How can any decent human being like Trump over DeSantis? Because Trump acts like a tough guy, you guys like hm better? How well did his tough guy act workout last time. One thing about January 6th you can't make excuses for Trump is he allowed it to happen for several hours before telling people to stop.

DeSantis policies are right in line with Trumps for the most part. However, DeSantis is a way better person, would not divide the country like Trump, is not half a racist, is way better to work with and work for, but you guys would rather a worse human being in office when you could have DeSantis a way better person with the same policies you like.
I think there’s an enormous group of republicans that would prefer desantis. He lacks the name recognition though, and since the policies wouldn’t be materially different, it’s unlikely that he could overcome that advantage that trump has. But to be clear, he’s the only one that would have any shot against trump, but he also won’t run against him. He’d just wait for 2028 and finish out his term. And when he makes the decision not to run, he’ll probably cite wanting to finish his commitment to FL. He’s the guy the country needs though. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that.

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
Plus with the way the dems are going, they’re committing political suicide. Coming for joe rogan and truckers was a massive mistake that will carry on longer than the blowback against their Covid fanaticism.

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
I think there’s an enormous group of republicans that would prefer desantis. He lacks the name recognition though, and since the policies wouldn’t be materially different, it’s unlikely that he could overcome that advantage that trump has. But to be clear, he’s the only one that would have any shot against trump, but he also won’t run against him. He’d just wait for 2028 and finish out his term. And when he makes the decision not to run, he’ll probably cite wanting to finish his commitment to FL. He’s the guy the country needs though. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that.
Strong preference for DeSantis here. Intelligent, competent, gives it back to the media and Dems, and comes across well as a family man and good person. Young (he'll be 46 by 2024 election) and forward looking.

Just my observations -- Trump will be 78 by Election Day 2024, and has made plenty of enemies, including many in the Republican Party. His own Vice President is now speaking out against him. His attractiveness as a candidate is declining. I believe there is a decent chance that DeSantis gets the nomination and wins the Presidency in 2024. The Dem nominee -- who knows?

Reactions: jrs1024

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
If your main focal point on Trump is his irritating personal behavior, you know you are an emotional thinker, not a critical thinker.
I could never understand those conservatives and moderate Rs who harp on about Trump's unconventional style. The simple idea that a president or really any politician elected to office should actually do or attempt to actively work to fulfill those campaign promises is it appears to be of less importance to them. Trump is a no nonsense fighter and masterful at, not only fighting back against leftist ideology and the media but initiating and taking the fight to them. How refreshing it was to behold a president that is a true leader.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I could never understand those conservatives and moderate Rs who harp on about Trump's unconventional style. The simple idea that a president or really any politician elected to office should actually do or attempt to actively work to fulfill those campaign promises is it appears to be of less importance to them. Trump is a no nonsense fighter and masterful at, not only fighting back against leftist ideology and the media but initiating and taking the fight to them. How refreshing it was to behold a president that is a true leader.
He showed so many people how useless most of our elected people are regardless of party. Republicans are trash and weak, they don't fight for their constituents. They have theirs and don't want to upset their own gravy train.
The left is evil , they'll destroy the country as long as they can rule it. They don't care about the end result .
Republicans better start fighting because they won't be tolerated much longer if the revert to their old go along to get along ways .

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
If Trump wins the nomination, it will be a disaster for the GOP.
If Trump gets the nomination, the democrats will unite and rally around the most moderate candidate they can stand.
And they will bring a lot of independents and Republicans with them.
If Trump is not the nominee, the democrats will be divided and will probably nominate a left wing candidate who will likely lose in the general election.
Nominating Trump will give the democrats their best shot by far at retaining the White House.
You are probably right, unless the Democrats nominate Hillary again. In which case, Trump would have a chance.

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
You are probably right, unless the Democrats nominate Hillary again. In which case, Trump would have a chance.

I think that would reduce his chances, actually.

But honestly, he has gone so far into the fringe (even by his own standards), that there is no coming back. He is really just fading from view, like happens to all ex-presidents

The fact that members of his party aren't picking fights with him doesn't mean they want him around

jrs1024

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2005
West Palm Beach
Strong preference for DeSantis here. Intelligent, competent, gives it back to the media and Dems, and comes across well as a family man and good person. Young (he'll be 46 by 2024 election) and forward looking.

Just my observations -- Trump will be 78 by Election Day 2024, and has made plenty of enemies, including many in the Republican Party. His own Vice President is now speaking out against him. His attractiveness as a candidate is declining. I believe there is a decent chance that DeSantis gets the nomination and wins the Presidency in 2024. The Dem nominee -- who knows?
I don’t think what pence says really matters. But it’s either trump or desantis. Weak feckless republicans have zero chance. And as far as I can tell, there’s exactly two willing and able to stand up to the mob.

Reactions: Ski and royboy

franklinman

Apr 5, 2011
Pa and Fl
Na, Deathsantis is just another Filthy Thump, and there is no difference.

franklinman

Apr 5, 2011
Pa and Fl
If your main focal point on Trump is his irritating personal behavior, you know you are an emotional thinker, not a critical thinker.
Americans will not vote a second time for a corrupt lying POS garbage asshole that got his ass kicked in 2020, named THUMP. Both votes count the same Smithton, emotional or critical voters, but you should already know that