ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Hot or Not? Playboy Magazine has first ever Playmate with a shaved head....

Hot, or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you kidding? I live in northern nj. There are many hot girls in the malls here. Some even have hair and look like women. Lol

Are they Playboy Playmates?

Jp-Snooki-4-popup.jpg

cbrsavwmk63arba3.jpg
I
In this case , things were better in the good old days. Debra Jo Fondren.

Fonzie is barking AT this Playmate.

Fonzie is NOT barking FOR this Playmate.

I 100% agree with Fonzie!

Are they Playboy Playmates?

Jp-Snooki-4-popup.jpg

Not every girl/woman in NJ is Snookie or Jlaw or whatever she called herself. I don't have to tell you how many hot girls are in the tri state area here. Many are model or Playboy material, even if they didn't choose this profession.
I respect your opinion on your bald girl attraction. I just think that Playboy had a certain standard that seems no longer attainable or tried for.

More importantly who was the first runway shave, and who was the first Brazilian shave ? Inquiring minds want to know.

It’s interesting how disarming a shaved head is to many here. She’s built like Gisele - but you guys can’t get over the shaved head. Let me know the next time you vote for the girl with the best hair in the ‘Who’s the Hottest?’ Poll...
Get over yourself, dude. In addition to the shaved head, her tattoos suck, and her boobs aren't nice either- it would be OK that they are so small if the shape were different. Stick to amateur evening gown reviews and singing the praises of Taylor Swift. Honestly you are more girly than my wife.

It’s interesting how disarming a shaved head is to many here. She’s built like Gisele - but you guys can’t get over the shaved head. Let me know the next time you vote for the girl with the best hair in the ‘Who’s the Hottest?’ Poll...

Well, with 37 yes and 114 no votes, “the tribe has spoken”. Personally, not sure hair would have helped.

This is what guys who are now 78 got to look at (Raquel Welch) .
RW058.jpg

il_570xN.1114343393_7f9k.jpg

And this is what guys who are now 84 got to look at (Sophia Loren).

1dfa935133c677954e0d4655d848e80e--sophia-loren.jpg

256630.jpg

772a0edaa91415c11acf379f020d01f6.jpg

And if I was a kid now, this is what I would have to look at :

Vendela

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

I mean, it matters. I don’t choose girls in your polls based on their nose either, but if a girl’s nose were eaten away by untreated syphilis, she probably moves down my ranking whether she’s built like Sofia vergara or not.

Never mind. I just called my boss to let him know I’d be in late and to expect me in the office by 7 a.m.

I mean, it matters. I don’t choose girls in your polls based on their nose either, but if a girl’s nose were eaten away by untreated syphilis, she probably moves down my ranking whether she’s built like Sofia vergara or not.

Shaved head = syphilis? Yikes.

You’re taking this way too seriously. Clearly not what he said. Next time just give everyone the option you like on your poll if it bothers you so much. I don’t see you normally posting like this so I’ll chalk it up to a bad week.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
You’re taking this way too seriously. Clearly not what he said. Next time just give everyone the option you like on your poll if it bothers you so much. I don’t see you normally posting like this so I’ll chalk it up to a bad week.

Posting like what? I think this discussion is interesting and fun. I know what wb meant, but he could have said 'big nose' or something - not untreated syphilis. Look, when it's not fun or interesting, I'll dip. We can have different tastes and points of view without being a-holes to each other. There are plenty of other threads to dig into if you like - I use the 'ignore' feature liberally so know what I will get with most folks I choose to interact with.

Since you're here, do you think Natalie Portman looks better than Vendela?

natalie-portman-gettyimages-83929548_master-bc2d36a5-cc82-423c-8212-0c5aa9408e57.jpg

Posting like what? I think this discussion is interesting and fun. I know what wb meant, but he could have said 'big nose' or something - not untreated syphilis. Look, when it's not fun or interesting, I'll dip. We can have different tastes and points of view without being a-holes to each other. There are plenty of other threads to dig into if you like - I use the 'ignore' feature liberally so know what I will get with most folks I choose to interact with.

natalie-portman-gettyimages-83929548_master-bc2d36a5-cc82-423c-8212-0c5aa9408e57.jpg
of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all cases are different. There was a show in rotation on public TV several years ago about the science of sex. Ostensibly, women found men attractive who were physically fit and/or wealthy. The obvious conclusion is that these men can take care of a woman. Men, on the other hand, found women who looked sexually aroused, had a baby-making body and healthy. This means women with large breasts (baby making), pursed/red lips (aroused) and healthy. Long ago, fat women were considered sexy because only the well heeled and healthy women could get fat in a agricultural community. Today, fat means you cannot control yourself so that has swung back. Regardless, long hair also portends someone is "healthy". Bald or short hair suggest sick or malnourished. Interestingly, another key attribute of "hot" is symmetry. The notion that the left side of the body is the same as the right (eyes, smile, etc.) .

So it is hardly a surprise that in a poll named "Hot or Not" from a magazine named "Playboy" that a woman without hair is not as hot as one with ample hair. Logically, it doesn't make sense that we are attracted to "the packaging" and not the person. However, we are just animals. I always think of herds of deer where the strongest buck gets more doe. And the doe look for strong males who can protect the herd. These are our primary and guttural instincts.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Yeah , check out the special at LensCrafters this week Middie. More muscle mass , abs, etc.

of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all cases are different. There was a show in rotation on public TV several years ago about the science of sex. Ostensibly, women found men attractive who were physically fit and/or wealthy. The obvious conclusion is that these men can take care of a woman. Men, on the other hand, found women who looked sexually aroused, had a baby-making body and healthy. This means women with large breasts (baby making), pursed/red lips (aroused) and healthy. Long ago, fat women were considered sexy because only the well heeled and healthy women could get fat in a agricultural community. Today, fat means you cannot control yourself so that has swung back. Regardless, long hair also portends someone is "healthy". Bald or short hair suggest sick or malnourished. Interestingly, another key attribute of "hot" is symmetry. The notion that the left side of the body is the same as the right (eyes, smile, etc.) .

So it is hardly a surprise that in a poll named "Hot or Not" from a magazine named "Playboy" that a woman without hair is not as hot as one with ample hair. Logically, it doesn't make sense that we are attracted to "the packaging" and not the person. However, we are just animals. I always think of herds of deer where the strongest buck gets more doe. And the doe look for strong males who can protect the herd. These are our primary and guttural instincts.
Obli - you need to google a variant of the animal kingdom analogy when it comes to attractiveness and finding mates. It’s called, and I’m not joking, the “Sneaky ****er” theory and involves less dominant males who, through their intelligence and deceit, end up with the more desirable females. In human kind, it can show up through those “white knights” who, through skillful flattery etc of females, can end up with the girl.

It’s pretty fascinating

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jasoncollins.blog/2014/01/08/the-origin-of-the-phrase-sneaky-fcker/amp/

Obli - you need to google a variant of the animal kingdom analogy when it comes to attractiveness and finding mates. It’s called, and I’m not joking, the “Sneaky ****er” theory and involves less dominant males who, through their intelligence and deceit, end up with the more desirable females. In human kind, it can show up through those “white knights” who, through skillful flattery etc of females, can end up with the girl.

It’s pretty fascinating

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jasoncollins.blog/2014/01/08/the-origin-of-the-phrase-sneaky-fcker/amp/
huh! I'll read it over.

I saw a video of a bunch of westerners on a jeep safari in Africa somewhere. A female zebra was killing, drowning, a male colt born by a rival female zebra. The tourists were screaming and crying trying to get the tour guides to stop the killing. The guides were insisting this is nature and they cannot legally intercede. Apparently, female zebras kill the birth males from other zebras because if they grow up to be dominant, they take over and kill rival moms.

Speaking of which, some recommended listening: https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/beauty-puzzle

Reactions: Obliviax

You’ll pardon my tendency to use extreme examples to make points. Wasn’t trying to imply those things are equal.

I just meant that we don’t rate a woman based on minor attributes like hair, nose, ears, etc unless it is an extreme example. So while a variety of haircuts may have no impact on the rating, bald is so extreme that it causes a dramatic swing.

And, of course, for straight men, when you give a woman a traditional male look, it’s going to have an impact. I imagine if you put breasts on an otherwise attractive guy, straight women’s ratings of that guy will drop precipitously.

Finally, as a formerly unbald man, I have no problem acknowledging I was more attractive with my flowing locks.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

It’s pretty fascinating

"Pretty women walking with gorillas down my street ..."

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
You’ll pardon my tendency to use extreme examples to make points. Wasn’t trying to imply those things are equal.

I just meant that we don’t rate a woman based on minor attributes like hair, nose, ears, etc unless it is an extreme example. So while a variety of haircuts may have no impact on the rating, bald is so extreme that it causes a dramatic swing.

And, of course, for straight men, when you give a woman a traditional male look, it’s going to have an impact. I imagine if you put breasts on an otherwise attractive guy, straight women’s ratings of that guy will drop precipitously.
I totally agree...to me, a "10" is a 7 gal in high heels. Of course, dress and fashion are a big part of attractiveness. If not, Kylie Jenner wouldn't be the youngest "self made" billionaire.

RW058.jpg

256630.jpg

Vendela

She looks bit like Nick Suriano in that last pic.

RW058.jpg

256630.jpg

Vendela

I’m guessing kids today have a little bit more variety in their choices than you had back in your day.

It’s pretty fascinating

Obli is right.

Half a century ago at Penn State, before social media and politics steered people away from natural selection, guys that were either in Fraternities or played big time sports got all the best looking girls. We used to kid that if you were living in a dorm or an apartment, and looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger, the best you could do was Phyllis Diller. But if you looked like Barney Fife, and lived in a Fraternity, you'd have access to pretty much any hot looking girl you wanted.

What was the common thread? Prestige and the sterotypical potential for current and/or future financial sucess. Plus, lots of football and basketball players were in fraternities back then.

Tell me that if you were at a jammy 45 or 50 years ago, even if you were drop dead plastered with a keg of beer in you, that with all the hottest looking, best looking girls on campus all around you everywhere you turned, you would have ever asked something that looked like that bald headed "girl" to dance. Her competition back then would have been pretty tough. The way she looks, back then, would have had her sitting on the wall in front of Old Main with the My-O-My "guys" at 2:00 AM. : ^ )

I’m guessing kids today have a little bit more variety in their choices than you had back in your day.

You have obviously never been at a jammy. : ^ )

And I must say, Penn State/State College is like a morgue compared to what it used to be. Just something as harmless as the Phi Psi 500 would be outlawed today. And as far as variety???? You're right. Most of the girls back then looked like real girls. And they were HOT!!!! : ^ )

You certainly couldn't poll a more shallow audience......
IMHO this thread is a pretty fascinating study of what constitutes (physical) attractiveness. Tip of the hat to @Midnighter for posing a question that realized its potential to challenge beyond the mundanely superficial (although there is certainly plenty of that to had here as well).

Obli is right.

Half a century ago at Penn State, before social media and politics steered people away from natural selection, guys that were either in Fraternities or played big time sports got all the best looking girls. We used to kid that if you were living in a dorm or an apartment, and looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger, the best you could do was Phyllis Diller. But if you looked like Barney Fife, and lived in a Fraternity, you'd have access to pretty much any hot looking girl you wanted.

What was the common thread? Prestige and the sterotypical potential for current and/or future financial sucess. Plus, lots of football and basketball players were in fraternities back then.

Tell me that if you were at a jammy 45 or 50 years ago, even if you were drop dead plastered with a keg of beer in you, that with all the hottest looking, best looking girls on campus all around you everywhere you turned, you would have ever asked something that looked like that bald headed "girl" to dance. Her competition back then would have been pretty tough. The way she looks, back then, would have had her sitting on the wall in front of Old Main with the My-O-My "guys" at 2:00 AM. : ^ )
totally agree. we are programmed based on centuries old DNA. The book "Blink" comes to mind. However, technology and culture have changed to outstrip that old DNA. So there is a conflict between emotion and logic when it comes to selecting mates.

I do - softer, more feminine face. She looks pretty cute without hair.

There’s a girl in my building with a buzz cut who looks great with it - got to have the skull and small face for it though.

I’m glad I will not go bald. All those Chicken Pox scars would come back to haunt me. I didn’t have a lot on my body, but those on my head were awful and itched like hell. Since they were hidden, I scratched the hell out of them. My bald head would look like a moon of Saturn I’m sure

totally agree. we are programmed based on centuries old DNA. The book "Blink" comes to mind. However, technology and culture have changed to outstrip that old DNA. So there is a conflict between emotion and logic when it comes to selecting mates.
I’ve never read the book, but I would think the old DNA hasn’t been stripped - it’s more like it’s been suppressed or muffled, but will come back with a vengeance if modern technology falls. Imagine the social standing of a twitter “influencer” once the power goes out and you have to hunt your own food, chop your own wood, etc.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT