Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Wandering Spectator

Dec 17, 2017
Chandler, AZ
www.wanderingspectator.com
Whenever I travel to see Penn State or the Buffalo Bills, I always look to see what other events are happening in town to see if we can do more than just the one game. Sometimes, it works where the Lions and Bills are in town the same weekend - like this year in Indy (Woot!). This helps me to pick the right weekend to travel and allows me to maximize my travel dollars (and time away).

I've found a way to map all of the known major sporting events (NFL, NCAAF, NHL, MLB, NBA) for each weekend of the football season. You can click each map to see the events in a given area. You can view the current season maps at my website www.wanderingspectator.com under the "Interactive maps" tab to test it out.

I would love to turn it into an app where you can enter your favorites then have the app notify you of the best possible weekends - rating them based on your preferences (eg, teams, sports, days and/or miles between events, etc.)

I also write up a post of a team's full year schedule with events in area - like https://wanderingspectator.wordpress.com/2018/04/25/wandering-with-the-nittany-lions-2018/

I'd be interested in any feedback. If you'd like me to write it up for your team, let me know.

Reactions: nittany dave
I kind of do that now on my own. For example, when Penn State is at Illinois on a Friday night, on Saturday I have thought about going to see Boston College at Purdue or to Chicago (Cubs at White Sox) IIRC or to St. Louis for (Giants at Cardinals).

So yes I think it would be useful, perhaps with the best selection of city or cities in terms of sports for each weekend.

Or perhaps list when LSU and the Saints are home on the same weekend, Ravens and Orioles, the Badgers and Packers, Northwestern, Cubs, Bears in town, etc.

I'll definitely check out your website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wandering Spectator
As a Bills fan, my only hope is that they match up on the road like this year in Indy. I have done PSU at home and Bills at Steelers I’m the past. But I’ve also done PSU and combined with other teams that weren’t my favorites. Best was Suns at Bulls Friday night, Lions at Hawkeyes Saturday night and Titans at Bears on Sunday.

My best was Pirates @ Cubs on Friday and Sunday with Michigan @ Notre Dame on Saturday.

A noon kick in Ann Arbor and an 8 p.m. kickoff in East Lansing would be a full day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT