ADVERTISEMENT

Please let Tomlin go

No excuse to NOT use the timeouts when the Raiders had the ball first and goal. If they don’t score, no harm. If they do score, you have more than one play to run from scrimmage. Just idiotic.

Boswell should be cut before they get to the locker room — and they should fire the equipment guy too. The Steelers play week after week like they’re on skates.

Oakland was 2-10, and this was a must game for the Steelers. Just a total embarrassment.

Well there playoff hopes might online now with Patriots and Saints as there next two games could that tie with Cleveland come back and bit them in the end.

Ya they are done. This outcome was so obvious oh coming I didn't watch one second.

Well there playoff hopes might online now with Patriots and Saints as there next two games could that tie with Cleveland come back and bit them in the end.

Steelers play to the level of their opponent. They also open it up more at home. Wouldn’t shock me if they beat NE and lose a close one to Saints. Bengals game worries me.

Obviously they can't fire Tomlin while still #1 in the division, but if they don't make it to playoffs and then the Superbowl, he needs to go. There's been way too much talent wasted the past few years. I blasted Haley for years and I think he deserved it, but now I think it goes to the head coach. Clean house, except for Munchak of course.

I don't understand why I keep hearing folks say this was a "must win" for the Steelers? They're in 1st place in their division, the Ravens lost to KC and still have to play the Chargers on the road. The Steelers will win their division...they won't go anywhere in the playoffs but they'll almost certainly win their division. They were never going to get a home game in round 2 anyways.

I don't understand why I keep hearing folks say this was a "must win" for the Steelers? They're in 1st place in their division, the Ravens lost to KC and still have to play the Chargers on the road. The Steelers will win their division...they won't go anywhere in the playoffs but they'll almost certainly win their division. They were never going to get a home game in round 2 anyways.

Saints & Patriots the next two weeks. This was a very important game. Ravens have Bucs & Chargers. Not easy but easier

Reactions: BBrown
I’ve been a member of the Fire Omar club for years. I don’t think he even watches the game until film session (no adjustments) and without pulling stats I bet he’s worse than .333 against sub-.400 teams.

They’ll beat the Patriots tho.

The only problem I have is if they can him, who do we hire? I was happy when Arians was let go only to end up with Haley.

Reactions: indoorgolf
Not just the losses, but the way they are blowing these games. Finding ways to lose games that should be won. Plenty of mistakes, but the common denominator is a failure to make key defensive stops late in the game.

**edit to add, maybe it's the experience of seeing PSU lose games against tOSU and Michigan State by blowing late leads and giving up big plays against the pass that makes the Steeler losses more glaring. Deja vu.

Tomlin won't be fired. Ever. The Rooney Rule will keep him here as long as he wants to be here. When Ben finally does walk away it's going to become really bad really quick

what has the Rooney rule got to do with keeping a job. That is a hiring principle not a firing principle. in the NFL you keep your job be results. if you think Big Ben has kept the team artificially good, I would think Tomlin is definitely on the hot seat if they miss playoffs. How can any coach in the NFL get to stay in a job as long at they want?

what has the Rooney rule got to do with keeping a job. That is a hiring principle not a firing principle. in the NFL you keep your job be results. if you think Big Ben has kept the team artificially good, I would think Tomlin is definitely on the hot seat if they miss playoffs. How can any coach in the NFL get to stay in a job as long at they want?
One word.... optics.

Tomlin won't be fired. Ever. The Rooney Rule will keep him here as long as he wants to be here. When Ben finally does walk away it's going to become really bad really quick
You're still here? I thought you got banned again and came back as another douche.

Why didn't they run the clock down before they scored? And if Ben was good enough to play at the end, why hold keep him off the field until then?

It was really dumb that we didn’t run the clock down at all.. I think Ben was just being his normal drama queen self about the injuries

No excuse to NOT use the timeouts when the Raiders had the ball first and goal. If they don’t score, no harm. If they do score, you have more than one play to run from scrimmage. Just idiotic.

His explanation in the postgame presser was almost as stupid as not using the timeout in the first place. It's almost as if he believes keeping the timeout can magically add time back on the clock later. A six year old could manage the clock better than he does.

They probably just blew the division.

Reactions: JoeLion
It’s time. Especially with McCarthy available.

Boswell needs to go too.

I’m all in on firing Tomlin, unless McCarthy is the replacement. McCarthy is just a poor man’s Tomlin with getting less from more, and horrendous in-game management, especially with regards to the clock.

Reactions: bytir
All of the best teams in the league have trouble keeping their assistants after winning seasons. When was the last time an assistant left the Steelers willingly?

Steelers need to clean house but they won’t make many coaching changes. Steeler head coaches retire they don’t get fired.

Really need to tell Boswell bye bye. Every week this clown misses an extra point or field goal. The Steelers just gave him a nice contract at the beginning of the season and he has gotten horrible.

Reactions: FHSPSU67 and BBrown
Why didn't they run the clock down before they scored? And if Ben was good enough to play at the end, why hold keep him off the field until then?
Ben was in the locker room for quite a while. I suspect he was xrayed and carefully examined. Then he was shot up with pain killers. He stood on the sidelines for awhile to enable the painkillers to kick in. Just my idea.

Ben was in the locker room for quite a while. I suspect he was xrayed and carefully examined. Then he was shot up with pain killers. He stood on the sidelines for awhile to enable the painkillers to kick in. Just my idea.
Tomlin said post game that it was his call not to put Ben back in because he didn't want to interrupt the flow of the game. Wth?

Reactions: BBrown and royboy
Tomlin said post game that it was his call not to put Ben back in because he didn't want to interrupt the flow of the game. Wth?
Tomlin has to say something like that. He can't say, "We shot Ben up with painkillers and we had to wait for them to kick in."

ADVERTISEMENT