ADVERTISEMENT

Playlist of Jeff Byers' "Greatest Calls" for PSU Wrestling

TL;DR Nerfstate lacks originality

What if I reveal to you that Nerfstate is the creator of a great fast food concept? Yup. He is father of the Golden Arcs, Big Mick, and McDowell's! :)

s-l300.jpg

Reactions: danoftw
Bump (for shoe-color studies.)

@Hotshoe @Tom McAndrew Sorry for the tag, but any chance you can please pin or sticky this thread? There has been a few requests here. It's a classic, and we don't want to lose it over time. A lot of work goes into creating these videos. And I'm sure more will be added to it in the future. Thanks! 😀

Again, thanks to @nerfstate and @ItalianLion for doing this so that we could all enjoy these memories for hopefully years to come!

Last edited:
Mike Lange play by play guy for the Penguins retired yesterday. I always thought that there is only one other guy that can put me right in the middle of the action when listening to him on the radio. That guy is Jeff Byers. Myron Cope was another favorite of mine but for very different reasons. He was “sloppy” with his speech, unique in the way he called the games, irritating as hell if you weren’t a Steeler fan and he just felt as if he was one of us (my fellow Steeler fan buddies).

Oy!

Last edited:
Thanks!!! I could never get them to sync and gave up :-(
Here you go--not my best work--both start off w/ the rokfin audio until JB fades in a few seconds in--one was my mistake, and one was the commercial break on the radio.

(this one was still processing at the time I'm posting--stay tuned)

@ItalianLion Feel free to do w/ this what you wish.

Fellow Fans:

I thought folks might like to see all of these JB Calls in one place. I take no credit (except for the poor editing job for 2013) for the hard work that went into creating these. Nerfstate and the others over the years that have done this deserve all the credit. (If any of you would prefer that I remove one that is "yours"... I'll do that.)

I am keeping the videos "unlisted" as I am thinking that might save their longevity for posterity against the censors, but most came up with no copyright "restriction" and the few that did said I could use them but you might get stuck with some ads.

While the videos are officially "unlisted"... those of you now in-the-know can find these Radio-voiceover-Videos on the following Playlist.... enjoy the past... and hopefully many more to add in the future!!!

JB's "Greatest Calls" => Click Here
Thanks for all your work in doing this . It is great!

All Hail the great @nerfstate ... "you da man!!" I have added the Beau Bartlett "upset" and JB's voice-crack to our main playlist in keeping with the titled theme of "JB's Greatest calls"...

Also... been a while since I have updated the stats on our video playlist.... here's the "Top Five" based on lifetime stats:

1,936 - 2018 NCAA - Bo vs Myles
1,576 - 2016 Dual - Nolf pins I-Mar
1,552 - 2017 NCAA - Cenzo pins I-Mar
1,446 - 2013 Dual - #8 Zain vs #1 Logan Stieber
1,073 - 2021 NCAA - Nick Lee vs. Jaydin

Lastly... from the ItalianLion family to the wider PSU Wrestling Family... a blessed Christmas to all of you ... and a Happy & Healthy New Year!!!!!!

Last edited:
OK gang, Here's a playlist to watch in the coming days. Video #1 is uploading now--so you may have to wait a bit before it appears.

@ItalianLion may want to update your own playlists, etc (email me if you want a different way transfer them over).

Also entertaining other non-final match requests from NCAAs, FWIW.

OK gang, Here's a playlist to watch in the coming days. Video #1 is uploading now--so you may have to wait a bit before it appears.

@ItalianLion may want to update your own playlists, etc (email me if you want a different way transfer them over).

Also entertaining other non-final match requests from NCAAs, FWIW.
Nerf... you're the best!!! Already added this first video to the overall playlist for folks... and will add the others as they become available.

OK, imagine me saying this next part through gritted teeth, but the new lineup of the Funtastic Five (😬) is now in the can. @ItalianLion

Let me know fellahs if there are any other matches you'd like to see sync'd up from NCAAs soon. Fine if not. Just don't ask about Max's first round matchup--I'm not sure if Jeff knows if that match has happened yet or not. ;)

The gift that keeps on giving! I just spent the worst week of my life, sick as a dog with COVID. I feel blessed to have gotten through with only lingering symptoms and a hit to my lungs and stamina. I rewatched many of these videos when I didn’t have energy to read a book or even watch tv. Thanks again to everyone who puts the time making these!

Has anyone been able to find video of Zain’s huge semi pin of Sorenson at Nationals? It was a major momentum changer if I remember correctly

ADVERTISEMENT