ADVERTISEMENT

Playlist of Jeff Byers' "Greatest Calls" for PSU Wrestling

ItalianLion

Mar 24, 2017
Fellow Fans:

I thought folks might like to see all of these JB Calls in one place. I take no credit (except for the poor editing job for 2013) for the hard work that went into creating these. Nerfstate and the others over the years that have done this deserve all the credit. (If any of you would prefer that I remove one that is "yours"... I'll do that.)

I am keeping the videos "unlisted" as I am thinking that might save their longevity for posterity against the censors, but most came up with no copyright "restriction" and the few that did said I could use them but you might get stuck with some ads.

While the videos are officially "unlisted"... those of you now in-the-know can find these Radio-voiceover-Videos on the following Playlist.... enjoy the past... and hopefully many more to add in the future!!!

JB's "Greatest Calls" => Click Here

Last edited:
Fellow Fans:

I thought folks might like to see all of these JB Calls in one place. I take no credit (except for the poor editing job for 2013) for the hard work that went into creating these (once again referencing my poor edit of 2013). Nerfstate and the others over the years that have done this deserve all the credit. (If any of you would prefer that I remove one that is "yours"... I'll do that.)

I am keeping the videos "unlisted" as I am thinking that might save their longevity for posterity against the censors, but most came up with no copyright "restriction" and the few that did said I could use them but you might get stuck with some ads.

While the videos are officially "unlisted"... those of you now in-the-know can find these Radio-voiceover-Videos on the following Playlist.... enjoy the past... and hopefully many more to add in the future!!!

Tom - as long as these are still active, can you stick them to the top?

Anyone with a hand in these. Sincerest thanks.

I've found myself burned out on the radio and I've listened to nerfs videos countless times this week driving between job sites.

This will be great thanks.

Fellow Fans:

I thought folks might like to see all of these JB Calls in one place. I take no credit (except for the poor editing job for 2013) for the hard work that went into creating these (once again referencing my poor edit of 2013). Nerfstate and the others over the years that have done this deserve all the credit. (If any of you would prefer that I remove one that is "yours"... I'll do that.)

Awesome 👌great job.

Unbelievable job and so appreciative of the incredible effort. Priceless. Still love Cenzo decking IMar!

Wow... what a response:eek:.... and some fun facts:

In the 48 hours the Playlist has been up, there have been over 2,225 views of the 15 videos

The top 5 most-viewed videos should not surprise anyone:
1. (335 views) 2018 NCAA - Bo Nickal pins Myles Martin to clinch PSU Nat'l Team Championship
2. (330 views) 2016 Dual ILL - Freshman Jason Nolf pins career-undefeated I-Mar
3. (278 views) 2017 NCAA - Freshman Vincenzo Joseph pins 1-loss I-Mar to win Nat'l Championship @ 165
4. (269 views) 2013 Dual OSU - Freshman Zain Retherford defeats #1 Logan Stieber in OT @ Rec Hall
5. (157 views) 2021 NCAA - Nick Lee defeats Jayden Eiermann in OT to win Nat'l Championship @ 141

Hard to believe that Zain match was so long ago...

Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Wow... what a response:eek:.... and some fun facts:

In the 48 hours the Playlist has been up, there have been over 2,225 views of the 15 videos

The top 5 most-viewed videos should not surprise anyone:
1. (335 views) 2018 NCAA - Bo Nickel pins Myles Martin to clinch PSU Nat'l Team Championship
2. (330 views) 2016 Dual ILL - Freshman Jason Nolf pins career-undefeated I-Mar
3. (278 views) 2017 NCAA - Freshman Vincenzo Joseph pins 1-loss I-Mar to win Nat'l Championship @ 165
4. (269 views) 2013 Dual OSU - Freshman Zain Retherford defeats #1 Logan Stieber in OT @ Rec Hall
5. (157 views) 2021 NCAA - Nick Lee defeats Jayden Eiermann in OT to win Nat'l Championship @ 141

Hard to believe that Zain match was so long ago...

Enjoy!!
Hey @ItalianLion --I can give you the stats from my playlists too--a lot of fans! :)

If you want, we can collaborate on this playlist to avoid duplication of effort in the future.

Last edited:
Love the call on Lee-McKenna. He’s done!!!

I was listening to that dual in a resort lounge in Tuscon after touring Saguaro NP all day. That was a good day

Love the call on Lee-McKenna. He’s done!!!

I was listening to that dual in a resort lounge in Tuscon after touring Saguaro NP all day. That was a good day
That is pretty awesome. You can see Ironhead in the blue shirt give a fist pump at 9:40. His tOSU neighbors must have been like "WTH, dude??" ⛽ 🔨

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Fellow Fans:

I thought folks might like to see all of these JB Calls in one place. I take no credit (except for the poor editing job for 2013) for the hard work that went into creating these. Nerfstate and the others over the years that have done this deserve all the credit. (If any of you would prefer that I remove one that is "yours"... I'll do that.)

Memory lane sticky

I forgot the death grip Sparks had on Zain's trap to keep him still for the victory interview. Makes me chuckle when I see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
If the Byers audio still exists, Nolf vs. Jordan would be great to hear.

Also Cassar vs. Moore to clinch the Ohio State dual.
And Nevills versus Snyder for the loudest cheering for a loss for the good guys.

Did the Hall versus Zhahid rec hall match bring out the Byers severed vocal chords?

Reactions: danoftw
Fellow Fans:

This deserves a well-earned off-season BUMP! Thanks again for this ItalianLion!

He's in under the arms, Joseph looks like he wants to counter....

HE THROWS MARTINEZ TO HIS BACK!

HE'S GOT MARTINEZ FLAT!

HE GOT THE PINNNN!!!!!!!
Gets me juiced up just reading it! I think there are thousands of Penn St wrestling fans that scared the crap out of their dogs and wives by freaking out when that match and Byers call happened. I know I bellowed hugely and scared everyone.

It seems Micah and Pat D. both are ripping off the work I toiled a very countable number of minutes producing from material I also ripped off. @tikk10 Do I have an IP case? What if I hire FloKaren? What if I hire Yianni’s team?

Considering their results that we know about, I'm hiring @tikk10 before either FloKaren or Yianni's team. Win or lose, watching Tikk drop subtle wit bombs on opposing counsel would be FUN.

the compilation so wrongly & unattibutedly "stolen" from the fruits of Nerfstate's labors has now been added to the above Playlist where Nerf can now receive all the accolades and honors that he so richly deserves!! 😁

I would however, also like to acknowledge the wonderful editing job performed by the abovementioned "Pirate" in the creation of the summary complication so as to give due accreditation to his labors too... Well done Pirate! :cool:

It seems Micah and Pat D. both are ripping off the work I toiled a very countable number of minutes producing from material I also ripped off. @tikk10 Do I have an IP case? What if I hire FloKaren? What if I hire Yianni’s team?

Yes, I know you're joking, but I just can't help myself.... you do not have an IP case for a broad array of reasons but as to the one you're referencing, it's because ideas aren't copyrightable, works are. The mashup-style editing of two separate copyrighted works could be considered a work in itself, but not here, because you were only syncing video from source A to audio from source B--it (and take no offense) lacks originality as a matter of law. As evidence, the practice of syncing Byers to the video feed is something half the board does on match days.

The more obvious copyright question is whether you or Pat infringed anyone's copyright when you did the mashup (and assuming no licenses were sought and obtained). In my opinion it's all fair use, but it's not that clear. It was definitely a public service though, and greatly appreciated, because hearing Byers go berserk during those three SVs is more in line with how I experienced those moments than how it was announced on ESPN.

Flo needs to execute an unsolicited 3rd party takedown on Twitter to preserve your intellectual property.

Yes, I know you're joking, but I just can't help myself.... you do not have an IP case for a broad array of reasons but as to the one you're referencing, it's because ideas aren't copyrightable, works are. The mashup-style editing of two separate copyrighted works could be considered a work in itself, but not here, because you were only syncing video from source A to audio from source B--it (and take no offense) lacks originality as a matter of law. As evidence, the practice of syncing Byers to the video feed is something half the board does on match days.

The more obvious copyright question is whether you or Pat infringed anyone's copyright when you did the mashup (and assuming no licenses were sought and obtained). In my opinion it's all fair use, but it's not that clear. It was definitely a public service though, and greatly appreciated, because hearing Byers go berserk during those three SVs is more in line with how I experienced those moments than how it was announced on ESPN.
I knew you wouldn’t be able to resist. :)

Reactions: tikk10

TL;DR Nerfstate lacks originality.

J/K I love reading Tikk's legalese. I read every bit.

Reactions: tikk10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT