ADVERTISEMENT

Placing Penn State on Upset Alert!!!

Rutgers currently 1-9, is looking to salvage its season by beating Penn State. Every player has had this game circled for a while now. Can’t say this is a rivalry game, because the series has been a one sided affair. But I can say that we’re playing much better football now, than we were at the beginning of the season when we were getting blown out by the likes of Buffalo and Kansas. Injuries and malfeasance robbed us of our competitivesness. Defensive depth was affected by 8 players lost to a credit card scandal. Our best corner, Blessaun Austin was injured game 1, our best receiver hasn’t played since Illinois, and our left tackle has only been 100% since the Michigan game. These are but a few examples.

Rutgers is led by future superstar, QB Artur Sitkowski. Artur has suffered through a steep learning curve, but is playing much better football, then at the beginning of the season. Over the last few games, Artur has minimized his turnovers, which has helped us keep games competitive, at least for a spell. He is joined by RB Raheem Blackshear, who is our best offensive player, and RB Isiah Pacheco, who had an 80 yard TD run vs Michigan. Bo Melton is our best WR, and TE Travis Vokolek is developing into a future star.

The defense is led by End Kevin Wilkins, who will have a chance to play Sunday’s. Mike Tverdov is the other end, and he is developing into a solid player. Another name you’ll hear often is LB Trevor Morris, who leads the team in tackles. Our best defensive player is #9, Saquan Hampton, who also will get a chance to play Sundays. Freshman CB Avery Young, has played outstanding, the past couple of weeks.

I’ve noticed that Penn States offense is solid, but not as productive as last year. The defense gets a lot of sacks but also gives up a lot of rushing yards.

This is what will allow Rutgers to be victorious. Pacheco and Blackshear will rumble for 200+ yards, and our QB will play well enough for the win.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Over/under on Rutgers touchdowns on Saturday = 0.25

0.25 being, of course, the average # of touchdowns scored per game by Rutgers against PSU in the 2014-2017 era.

This will be a nail-biter to the end. Best of luck.
Rutgers currently 1-9, is looking to salvage its season by beating Penn State. Every player has had this game circled for a while now. Can’t say this is a rivalry game, because the series has been a one sided affair. But I can say that we’re playing much better football now, than we were at the beginning of the season when we were getting blown out by the likes of Buffalo and Kansas. Injuries and malfeasance robbed us of our competitivesness. Defensive depth was affected by 8 players lost to a credit card scandal. Our best corner, Blessaun Austin was injured game 1, our best receiver hasn’t played since Illinois, and our left tackle has only been 100% since the Michigan game. These are but a few examples.

Rutgers is led by future superstar, QB Artur Sitkowski. Artur has suffered through a steep learning curve, but is playing much better football, then at the beginning of the season. Over the last few games, Artur has minimized his turnovers, which has helped us keep games competitive, at least for a spell. He is joined by RB Raheem Blackshear, who is our best offensive player, and RB Isiah Pacheco, who had an 80 yard TD run vs Michigan. Bo Melton is our best WR, and TE Travis Vokolek is developing into a future star.

The defense is led by End Kevin Wilkins, who will have a chance to play Sunday’s. Mike Tverdov is the other end, and he is developing into a solid player. Another name you’ll hear often is LB Trevor Morris, who leads the team in tackles. Our best defensive player is #9, Saquan Hampton, who also will get a chance to play Sundays. Freshman CB Avery Young, has played outstanding, the past couple of weeks.

I’ve noticed that Penn States offense is solid, but not as productive as last year. The defense gets a lot of sacks but also gives up a lot of rushing yards.

This is what will allow Rutgers to be victorious. Pacheco and Blackshear will rumble for 200+ yards, and our QB will play well enough for the win.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17
Artur has thrown for a whooping 1140 yards in ten games.Not sure I would say future super star qb.

Al, Rutgers beating Penn State isn't an upset, it should be expected from you guys.

How can you dislike Rugers Al? Al, you are a faithful Rutgers (Bulldog? Whatever they are), and a credit to your alma mater.

Also, I was heartened to see that Rutgers landed a Saquan of its own. Look forward to seeing him in action.

url

I agree rutgersal. Rutgers will win this one in an upset of epic proportions. All the homers on this board fail to recognize the intensity of this BIG RIVALRY game and how you can throw the records out the window for this titanic struggle. I will disagree on the score, though. It won't be that close. Rutgers by 14. I say the Scarlet Knights win 38-24. Please be humble in victory rutgersal.

I had a feeling you would be bullish on the ole Crimson and cream this week when Al showed up. Me too!

It’s rivalry week! The Blimp, ESPN Gameday and Sheryl Crowe should be there amidst the glory and fanfare that is Rutgers football. With its storied past, the veritable cradle of coaches - think former leaders such as Graber and... you know the rest. By golly they are America’s first football team and they have played the same ever since! Sing with me now “Fight on, fight on dear Rut-Gears. From here to Parsippany, we cheer with our finger for thee.”

*RutgersFinger.jpg

url

Ah, breathe in. It’s that wonderous smell of...Rutgers Week!

ByYsrL

uQSwnH

Last edited:

Rutgers 21
PSU 17
Hahaha...

I had a feeling you would be bullish on the ole Crimson and cream this week when Al showed up. Me too!

It’s rivalry week! The Blimp, ESPN Gameday and Sheryl Crowe should be there amidst the glory and fanfare that is Rutgers football. With its storied past, the veritable cradle of coaches - think former leaders such as Graber and... you know the rest. By golly they are America’s first football team and they have played the same ever since! Sing with me now “Fight on, fight on dear Rut-Gears. From here to Parsippany, we cheer with our finger for thee.”

Ah, breathe in. It’s that wonderous smell of...Rutgers Week!
Well said.:)

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

Al, I assume you'll be at the game. I'll call you when we arrive and try to meet up with you.

Reactions: rutgersal
Artur has thrown for a whooping 1140 yards in ten games.Not sure I would say future super star qb.
Almost sounds like you took the guy seriously. I figure he isn’t even a Rutgers fan and instead just pretends to be one sayin crazy things

Rutgers 21
PSU 17
It's great that Rutgers has loyal fans like you!

RutgersAl is always one of the best reads on this board.

The problem is I stopped reading after “blowout losses to the likes of Buffalo and Kansas”.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

If Rutgers beats Penn State ... i’ll shove my car keys up my ass*

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

Putz!

Al,

I thought Rutgers was going to win the B1G this year with the best QB, WR group, and TE group in the country? Weren't you predicting this QB to win the Heisman?

Typically I would think somebody who posts this is a troll but I know you truly believe what you type. The sad reality for Rutgers is that the program and team are dog poop. PSU is going to roll over Rutgers with ease. It's going to be a 35 point blowout.

Sorry Al, while I love your enthusiasm for Rutgers football the program is in shambles, with a bad coach, very little talent with no real recruiting class to speak of on the horizon, and little support from the university. I don't know when, if ever, Rutgers will be competitive again.

At 1-9 and no wins in the B1G Rutgers will no doubt finish the season at 1-11 with no conference wins.

Rutger Sal is a good ole gal and a credit to her school.
But to bite you nails down to the end makes you out to be a jewel. (tool, mule, fool, etc.)

There once was a chick Rutger Sal,
Who traveled the league with a pal,
Her foible to fumble, stumble and bumble
but she made the opponents flash a smile.

While no King Ad Buck, Rutger Sal brings unbridled enthusiasm to the worst situation in conference history, quite a feat from my perspective. Give her a break, its comic relief if nothing else.

AND

Given probability, someday she will be correct. None of us will be here to see it, at least I won't but it will happen. It happened before and I did see that debacle, in 1988, during one of the most dismal years of my life.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT