ADVERTISEMENT

Placing Penn State on Upset Alert!!!

rutgersal

Jun 7, 2001
Rutgers currently 1-9, is looking to salvage its season by beating Penn State. Every player has had this game circled for a while now. Can’t say this is a rivalry game, because the series has been a one sided affair. But I can say that we’re playing much better football now, than we were at the beginning of the season when we were getting blown out by the likes of Buffalo and Kansas. Injuries and malfeasance robbed us of our competitivesness. Defensive depth was affected by 8 players lost to a credit card scandal. Our best corner, Blessaun Austin was injured game 1, our best receiver hasn’t played since Illinois, and our left tackle has only been 100% since the Michigan game. These are but a few examples.

Rutgers is led by future superstar, QB Artur Sitkowski. Artur has suffered through a steep learning curve, but is playing much better football, then at the beginning of the season. Over the last few games, Artur has minimized his turnovers, which has helped us keep games competitive, at least for a spell. He is joined by RB Raheem Blackshear, who is our best offensive player, and RB Isiah Pacheco, who had an 80 yard TD run vs Michigan. Bo Melton is our best WR, and TE Travis Vokolek is developing into a future star.

The defense is led by End Kevin Wilkins, who will have a chance to play Sunday’s. Mike Tverdov is the other end, and he is developing into a solid player. Another name you’ll hear often is LB Trevor Morris, who leads the team in tackles. Our best defensive player is #9, Saquan Hampton, who also will get a chance to play Sundays. Freshman CB Avery Young, has played outstanding, the past couple of weeks.

I’ve noticed that Penn States offense is solid, but not as productive as last year. The defense gets a lot of sacks but also gives up a lot of rushing yards.

This is what will allow Rutgers to be victorious. Pacheco and Blackshear will rumble for 200+ yards, and our QB will play well enough for the win.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

Rutgers is led by future superstar, QB Artur Sitkowski. Artur has suffered through a steep learning curve, but is playing much better football, then at the beginning of the season. Over the last few games, Artur has minimized his turnovers, which has helped us keep games competitive, at least for a spell.

This just made me laugh. Even if you define the last few games as three instead of 4 he's been awful in 2 of them. His best games, other than Texas State, were probably Illinois and Indiana. He's regressed since then.

Awesome....

I feel like PSU is pumped up for this game. They played a pretty good week and can now make hay after playing the top ten defenses and rushing games of tOSU, UM, Sparty and Wiscy. I think the kids just like to play, regardless of the opponent. The taste of victory was sweet for them. Plus, they can really shoot up the charts to a top ten finish if they win the last two in convincing fashion.

tenor.gif

Rutgers currently 1-9, is looking to salvage its season by beating Penn State. Every player has had this game circled for a while now. Can’t say this is a rivalry game, because the series has been a one sided affair. But I can say that we’re playing much better football now, than we were at the beginning of the season when we were getting blown out by the likes of Buffalo and Kansas. Injuries and malfeasance robbed us of our competitivesness. Defensive depth was affected by 8 players lost to a credit card scandal. Our best corner, Blessaun Austin was injured game 1, our best receiver hasn’t played since Illinois, and our left tackle has only been 100% since the Michigan game. These are but a few examples.

Rutgers is led by future superstar, QB Artur Sitkowski. Artur has suffered through a steep learning curve, but is playing much better football, then at the beginning of the season. Over the last few games, Artur has minimized his turnovers, which has helped us keep games competitive, at least for a spell. He is joined by RB Raheem Blackshear, who is our best offensive player, and RB Isiah Pacheco, who had an 80 yard TD run vs Michigan. Bo Melton is our best WR, and TE Travis Vokolek is developing into a future star.

The defense is led by End Kevin Wilkins, who will have a chance to play Sunday’s. Mike Tverdov is the other end, and he is developing into a solid player. Another name you’ll hear often is LB Trevor Morris, who leads the team in tackles. Our best defensive player is #9, Saquan Hampton, who also will get a chance to play Sundays. Freshman CB Avery Young, has played outstanding, the past couple of weeks.

I’ve noticed that Penn States offense is solid, but not as productive as last year. The defense gets a lot of sacks but also gives up a lot of rushing yards.

This is what will allow Rutgers to be victorious. Pacheco and Blackshear will rumble for 200+ yards, and our QB will play well enough for the win.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17
Cheers to a great game in Piscataway.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

How can I not give this a like?

Reactions: rutgersal

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

giphy.gif

Reactions: psuken
One question, Al — what does it say about your coaching that a QB who has thrown for over 2,000 yards and run for nearly 500 and very well may win conference player of the year couldn’t see the field for RUTGERS?

I’m referring to Tom Flacco, who has been a godsend for us at Towson and has been tearing up the CAA. How is Sitkowski better than that?

One question, Al — what does it say about your coaching that a QB who has thrown for over 2,000 yards and run for nearly 500 and very well may win conference player of the year couldn’t see the field for RUTGERS?

I’m referring to Tom Flacco, who has been a godsend for us at Towson and has been tearing up the CAA. How is Sitkowski better than that?
Hell, Barkley wouldn’t have seen time in their loaded backfield, so we’re talking about a whole different level of talent at Rutgers.

Reactions: massimoManca II

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

I agree rutgersal. Rutgers will win this one in an upset of epic proportions. All the homers on this board fail to recognize the intensity of this BIG RIVALRY game and how you can throw the records out the window for this titanic struggle. I will disagree on the score, though. It won't be that close. Rutgers by 14. I say the Scarlet Knights win 38-24. Please be humble in victory rutgersal.

Reactions: rutgersal
But I can say that we’re playing much better football now, than we were at the beginning of the season when we were getting blown out by the likes of Buffalo and Kansas
Lol. Now you're just getting blown out by better teams! :D

Never change rutersal. Never change.

Reactions: mn78psu83

Sitkowski did finish 2nd overall in the starting quarterback competition at his high school.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

Al, any truth to the rumor that you are the Vegas gambler known as "Dufflebag Boy?"

Rutgers 21
PSU 17
This will be a nail-biter to the end. Best of luck.

Rutgers 21
PSU 17

cocaine.jpg

Reactions: psuken
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT