ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Penguins - 2021 NHL Hockey Thread

Interesting piece today, BTW, available via the undefeated/ESPN website, regarding the Pens development project around the Hill area. A couple of years ago we went to a game with the Pens' brass in DC where they were looking to connect with real estate development types in other cities to pressure test/brainstorm on ideas for the project.

Fun fact from that game: during the "Salute to Heroes" intermission tribute to veterans, I'm looking at the scoreboard screen and it's this old guy with a crew cut who looks vaguely familiar. Turns out that night's honoree was Gene Effing Kranz. Mr. Morehouse was suitably impressed.
How long has that been empty? How many people could have had jobs there? How much tax revenue the city and county has lost? Shameful.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Penguins Announce 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule (nhl.com) Many Philly related articles listed below top article.

Was there a game today Glov? ;)

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV and psuno1
Yeah, that was a pretty ugly loss. Just fell apart in the 3rd, and couldn't stop the Flyers PP. Rematch on Friday.

On the Golden Knights bench where he belongs!!
This exchange reminds me of story about my dad who had been a meteorologist on the uss ranger in ww2 and eventually became a science teacher. One day he took his students on a field trip to the national weather service office. Looking at the guys staring at computer models, he asked their host where all the barometers, anemometers, and other data gathering equipment was. The host replied, “in a museum”. 🙂

Just more dismal news for the Pittsburgh sports scene. Pittsburgh has morphed from the city of champions to the city of losers. The Pens have 3 geriatric stars and little else. They likely won't make the playoffs this year. The Steelers had their last gasp this season and made the playoffs. Next year they will be fighting with the Bungles to stay out of last place. The Pirates are the worst team in the majors and will stay that way for a long time given the lack of fan support, stingy owner, and putrid TV revenue. pitt football team loses 5 or 6 games every year even though they play a MAC level schedule. This year they got 3 four star players out of 23 recruits and they are dizzy celebrating their good fortune. Pittsburgh sports is in the toilet with no hope in sight.

Just more dismal news for the Pittsburgh sports scene. Pittsburgh has morphed from the city of champions to the city of losers. The Pens have 3 geriatric stars and little else. They likely won't make the playoffs this year. The Steelers had their last gasp this season and made the playoffs. Next year they will be fighting with the Bungles to stay out of last place. The Pirates are the worst team in the majors and will stay that way for a long time given the lack of fan support, stingy owner, and putrid TV revenue. pitt football team loses 5 or 6 games every year even though they play a MAC level schedule. This year they got 3 four star players out of 23 recruits and they are dizzy celebrating their good fortune. Pittsburgh sports is in the toilet with no hope in sight.

I have to ask you: How do you really feel?

;) :p;)

Oh please. The penguins will be fine. They may indeed may not make the playoffs, which could be said about any team in the mass mutual east (tm), but that’s because it’s a buzzsaw.
As for me, circumstances are conspiring against me and I have yet to be able to sit back and enjoy a full hockey game. And I will probably miss the first and second today and I will miss Tuesday. Sigh.

Reactions: Hartzie and TheGLOV
Kina funny to see Penguins fans celebrating a regular season (Overtime!) victory?

Kid in goal was playing his second NHL game ever (and they salvaged a point!).

Tom Wilson scored twice (according the bwi board he should be out of the league by now!)

Pens win!

Pens win!

Down 0 - 2 in the game and they come back to win.

Even got a shorty while playing 3 ON 5.

We own 'dem b*itches like the Flyers own us!!
I only caught the third period, and my observations are thus: (i) the Violet clearly has not done much yet to address the Caps' recent problems with zone breakouts; (ii) that was quite a failure of a character test by the Caps if I ever saw one; (iii) I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Chara does not last the season because, man, he looked exceptionally slow; (iv) that was a HELLA stretch pass by your goalie - just a great play in the circumstances.

As to ownership, recent history wouldn't really support that, and there are still six games for the hate to brew!!

But congrats on the 4 pts.

Kina funny to see Penguins fans celebrating a regular season (Overtime!) victory?

Tom Wilson scored twice (according the bwi board he should be out of the league by now!)
Not only should he be out of the league but he should be in prison!

Global pandemic, political turmoil for longer than the pandemic. Closest to a civil war we've been in 150 years. I enjoyed the living shit out of that game last night. Pens and Caps always have great games.
Rookie goalie, yada, yada, yada. Pens were down to 4 defensemen. My only complaint about the Pens is, for years, they need to get someone to knock the ****ing taste out of Wilson's mouth. Anyway, only one score really matters: 5-1.

Your timing is correct. I don't know if was the refusal to give a vote of confidence; it was the refusal to give more money. Which he deserved.
I heard all year that Reirden was taking over after the season. As an Islanders fan I am happy the Caps screwed that up, however it went down.

Last edited:
Global pandemic, political turmoil for longer than the pandemic. Closest to a civil war we've been in 150 years. I enjoyed the living shit out of that game last night. Pens and Caps always have great games.
Rookie goalie, yada, yada, yada. Pens were down to 4 defensemen. My only complaint about the Pens is, for years, they need to get someone to knock the ****ing taste out of Wilson's mouth. Anyway, only one score really matters: 5-1.
Good luck with the Wilson part.

meanwhile, it appears that Russians gonna Russian. Not a good thing for Ted leonsis inc given the parallel wizards postponements.

I heard all year that Reirden was taking over after the season. As an Islanders fan I am happy the Caps screws that up, however it went down.
As a fan and a human being, I’d follow Barry trotz and Mitch korn into a burning building. (My son used to go to Korn's goalie camps - extraordinary communicator and teacher!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Connorpozlee
ADVERTISEMENT