ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's Recruiting Class is horrible thus far

WPB_lion

Jun 5, 2001
Pitt is currently ranked 77th out of 123 teams in Division I Recruiting.

Due to their relatively easy schedule, Athlon has predicted an 8-4 season. Although Pitt's last few recruiting classes have been poor, Connor and Boyd are as good as it gets at RB and WR. Unfortunately for Pitt, both are likely to declare early for the NFL draft. Beyond those two (2) players, I believe Pitt's poor recruiting has left the cupboard bare at Pitt for 2016 and beyond. After 2015, I see mediocre to poor teams for Pitt due to lack of talent regardless of who the coach is. Thus, if Pitt goes 8-4 in 2015, I believe Narduzzi will be and should be jumping at the first offer made to him. He is likely on a one year plan at Pitt and I think their recruits are aware of this likelihood.

Last edited:
Agreed, but I don't think this is worthy of a new topic. Everyone knows how bad Pitt is. I just got a coupon in the value pack last night for a BOGO on Pitt/YSU tickets!

Reactions: mn78psu83
Yeah, but haven't you heard??? The Nard Dog is killing it!!! There's so much buzz around the program and there hasn't been this type of hype for the program in decades!!! 77th and on the rise!!!!! H2P!!!!!

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha, Jesus someone just buy that program a bullet already and I'll lend them my gun.

Misery....put them out of theirs.

WE ARE!!!!!!!!!

Since Boyd isn't playing, that means that his fans will stay home. Their attendance will get an automatic 10% drop on that basis alone.

You know, they could lose that game. First game for Narduzzi, first game for Pelini, no Boyd. It's entirely possible.

I thought I saw a promo a while back for the Pitt-YSU game tickets were $10 and that included $5 in food value.

So if you combine that with the BOGO, that is 2 tickets and $10 worth of food for $10. Still a terrible deal, they should start compensating for your gas money and parking too. The museums will be packed when Pitt plays, which I assume is always on Thursday night.

Since Boyd isn't playing, that means that his fans will stay home. Their attendance will get an automatic 10% drop on that basis alone.

You know, they could lose that game. First game for Narduzzi, first game for Pelini, no Boyd. It's entirely possible.

Good thing that Narducci is a proven gameday coach. Pitt will probably never lose another game just because of his ability as a head coach. Pitt is a destination job too, so he is never leaving!

Reactions: WeR0206
Pitt is currently ranked 77th out of 123 teams in Division I Recruiting.
Due to their relatively easy schedule, Athlon has predicted an 8-4 season. Although Pitt's last few recruiting classes have been poor, Connor and Boyd are as good as it gets at RB and WR. Unfortunately for Pitt, both are likely to declare early for the NFL draft. Beyond those two (2) players, I believe Pitt's poor recruiting has left the cupboard bare at Pitt for 2016 and beyond. After 2015, I see mediocre to poor teams for Pitt due to lack of talent regardless of who the coach is. Thus, if Pitt goes 8-4 in 2015, I believe Narduzzi will be and should be jumping at the first offer made to him. He is likely on a one year plan at Pitt and I think their recruits are aware of this likelihood.
You are wrong. They're 9th. You just don't know Pitt math. Good stuff you multiply by 9. Bad stuff you divide by 9.
dizzy-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm a Pitt fan. I come in peace. I was actually banned from Pitt's board for being realistic about where Pitt is in College Football. There is actually a thread on Pitt's pay board right now calling Pitt a Sleeping Giant and the majority are actually agreeing with it. That is how delusional some of our fanbase is....the rest are banned from posting.

I'm a Pitt fan. I come in peace. I was actually banned from Pitt's board for being realistic about where Pitt is in College Football. There is actually a thread on Pitt's pay board right now calling Pitt a Sleeping Giant and the majority are actually agreeing with it. That is how delusional some of our fanbase is....the rest are banned from posting.

Thanks for stopping by!

I knew it was bad on the lair, that people were banned for almost no reason. But to ban one of your own fans for being realistic... that's crazy.

Two problems.... #1 Everybody who understands college football knows Narduzzi is going to pull a "Paul Chryst" and be the next Michigan State coach upon Dantonio's retirement. Why commit to a guy who is only getting his feet wet at Pitt until he moves to MSU? #2 See number one again.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Thanks for stopping by!

I knew it was bad on the lair, that people were banned for almost no reason. But to ban one of your own fans for being realistic... that's crazy.

It is called "Trolling" on pantherlair for being realistic regarding Pitt. I asked for examples to be provided and they were never provided.

Reactions: Ski
Well, for what it is worth Pitt's class is better than Rutgers. I "hate" Pitt but when all is said and done they will have a decent class. Why, there are a ton of 3 stars hoping to get into bigger time programs. When those doors are closed due to numbers they will sign up for the next best which will be the Pitt's of the world. In short, not "winning" many recruiting battles against the big boys, just the Rutger's types.

Reactions: mn78psu83
As of right now, of all the schools in the Power 5 conferences, Pitt is only ahead of Iowa State in recruiting. So, yeah, they are second to last of all teams that are in the big conferences.

As of right now, of all the schools in the Power 5 conferences, Pitt is only ahead of Iowa State in recruiting. So, yeah, they are second to last of all teams that are in the big conferences.

Pitt is honestly lucky that conference realignment happened the way it did, there were many scenarios that left them out of a Power 5 conference. The ACC is still very vulnerable. They are not a big money conference, and they have schools that are attractive to the B10 and SEC. Pitt could still end up outside looking in. Honestly it would be the best for them. Put that program, and it's fans, out of their misery.

Two problems.... #1 Everybody who understands college football knows Narduzzi is going to pull a "Paul Chryst" and be the next Michigan State coach upon Dantonio's retirement. Why commit to a guy who is only getting his feet wet at Pitt until he moves to MSU? #2 See number one again.

Only thing with this is Dantonio is relatively young so don't see him retiring anytime soon although there is always the possibility some bigger name program can pull him out of MSU like they did with Saban.

He may take the first Big 10 job that opens. Pitt fans better hope that Iowa has a good season.

He may take the first Big 10 job that opens. Pitt fans better hope that Iowa has a good season.

That's a rock and a hard place. Hope Iowa has a bad season so the coach that will leave for them beats them and gets a win, or hope Iowa has a good season and beats your rookie head coach so he doesn't leave for them.

At least they won't have to worry about Narduzzi poaching any of their prize recruits when he leaves.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Only thing with this is Dantonio is relatively young so don't see him retiring anytime soon although there is always the possibility some bigger name program can pull him out of MSU like they did with Saban.
He is 59 and I doubt he will continue into his 70s. So he could be gone in 5 or so years.

Why would we be rooting for NARDAWG to go anywhere? Your first year, everyone gets a recruiting bump from the "excitement" of a new coach coming to a program. Pitt got a dead dinocat bounce.

Reactions: Ski
Pitt is a sleeping giant. All they need is a few years of great recruiting classes, a good coach, a stadium, and all the museums in Pittsburgh to shut down so fans show up. Then if the ACC happens to be having a down year... watch out!

Reactions: psengr82
Pitt is looking at a 5-7 / 6-6 season. And that's with wins over Akron and Youngstown. I expect them to really struggle in the ACC. There recruiting will reflect this.

Who the hell is Chris Dokish and why should anyone care what he tweets? But, I could add the part about anyone caring about what he tweets to 99.9%+ of people that tweet.

You're all wrong. Chris Dokish says Pitt is a Sleeping Giant hahahaha

Because I'm bored waiting for dinner, using Rivals he's incorrect. In the last 10 recruiting classes Pitt had a higher class ranking that MSU 3 times only, but is correct about Wisky. However, if you take the last 8 years the numbers drop to 1 and 3 respectively.

Dokish is sort of like Peak. They might even live in the same basement.

Anyhow, if we concede he's right, isn't it a shame that in spite of better recruiting, those schools were still a hell of a lot better than Pitt.

Reactions: john4psu
Crazy that Pitt assholes lecture anybody about relevance. We're on national tv every game. Our coach is on national tv and radio all the time. Our recruiting classes are in the top ten.

And yet, sPitters come here and tell us that WE are not relevant.

Wait until they lose to Youngstown State again. Then we can talk about irrelevance.

The inferiority complex that Pitt has is quite probably the worst displayed in human history.

Dokish is sort of like Peak. They might even live in the same basement.

Anyhow, if we concede he's right, isn't it a shame that in spite of better recruiting, those schools were still a hell of a lot better than Pitt.

Guess I have to give him credit for Trump like bravado. 90% of us know he's full of it, but the true believers eat it up.

One (well, two) words to the Pitt folks: recruiting rankings.

Repeat after me, sPitters: recruiting rankings.

Make you feel bad? I thought it might.

and ups has been how relavent in the last 5 to 10 years?? good lord you need his help from delirium!
It's the 2015 season. 10 year anniversary of my first season as a student in 2005, you know when we were #3 in the country. Then 11 win years in 2008 and 2009.

Reactions: simons96
W
Pitt is a sleeping giant. All they need is a few years of great recruiting classes, a good coach, a stadium, and all the museums in Pittsburgh to shut down so fans show up. Then if the ACC happens to be having a down year... watch out!
Well, you got the sleeping part right.

Reactions: RobBliz
Why would we be rooting for NARDAWG to go anywhere? Your first year, everyone gets a recruiting bump from the "excitement" of a new coach coming to a program. Pitt got a dead dinocat bounce.
Dead dinocat bounce... good thing I wasn't drinking a beverage when I read that. LOL

who is this pitt you speak of?

Seriously, want a good laugh, look at their recruiting class for last year!
Better yet, check their record the last 10 years or so vs MAC schools, and then vs Big10 schools.

So if you combine that with the BOGO, that is 2 tickets and $10 worth of food for $10. Still a terrible deal, they should start compensating for your gas money and parking too. The museums will be packed when Pitt plays, which I assume is always on Thursday night.

Good thing that Narducci is a proven gameday coach. Pitt will probably never lose another game just because of his ability as a head coach. Pitt is a destination job too, so he is never leaving![/QUOTE]

So if anyone want's my valpak free ticket coupon, hit me up
11781755_10204767758169002_7068990753206217930_n.jpg

Good thing that Narducci is a proven gameday coach. Pitt will probably never lose another game just because of his ability as a head coach. Pitt is a destination job too, so he is never leaving!

So if anyone want's my valpak free ticket coupon, hit me up
11781755_10204767758169002_7068990753206217930_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is equally embarrassing and hilarious that pitt is giving away free tickets in the freaking val pak. No wonder their tickets are 99 cents on stubhub. Pitt is not even close to "it" if they can't even give away tickets.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT