ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt

Give me someone who we haven't seen.

TCU, BYU, Stanford. 2008 Oregon State was an interesting matchup, and ended up being a good win as they upset USC 2 weeks later.

You’re too young to remember, but many of us have seen TCU.....BYU.....Stanford.....all have visited Happy Valley!

Reactions: TheGLOV
You’re too young to remember, but many of us have seen TCU.....BYU.....Stanford.....all have visited Happy Valley!
Was in college when Stanford band showed up night before the game playing in the quad. Freshman kid on my floor was yelling ‘That’s California pussy!’ as he ran out the door! Don’t know if he got any......

Franklin said that a neutral site game was a possibility with Pitt some day. Sounds like 2025 is it with VT backing out. If you go on FBS future schedules, VT is scheduled almost completely in the 2020's decade, so if a home and home became available, it would be in the NEXT decade.

Pitt could also come up to State College in 2025, and PSU to Heinz Field in in 2028.

So Virginia, as well as Virginia Tech, has dissed PSU. Pitt will not do that.

Discuss.
No thanks. It’s over let it go. Only western PA PSU alums care about it at all. Temple is available I am sure.

Reactions: PSUoh90 and TheGLOV
Penn State didn't "find" either of those opponentss. The Arizona game was put together by NACDA as that year's Pigskin Classic. Oregon State was arranged by ESPN who paid the Beavers a then hefty fee to come get beat up.

Sandy can’t spin her Rolodex and get Fox involved? a game against a modest P5 would have more TV appeal than a Bowling Green.

the PSU Oregon State game came on short notice, when someone backed out of playing PSU. Around the same time, I was reading the Oregonian paper and saw that Oregon State had the same problem, someone cancelled on them.

I emailed the article link to Tim Curley, noting that Oregon State had an unexpected opening, that they have did a one and done recently at LSU, and it would be cool for us NW alumni. Tim replied in a day noting it was interesting news to him and thanked me for sharing. I always wondered if I put a thought in his head for a replacement. I doubt ESPN came up with the idea of playing that game, most likely both ADs lobbied the network.

Pitt is celebrating getting a qb to return that has gone 21-17 in his career and are begging a wr that couldn’t cut it at Maryland to come back. No thanks I’d rather play Temple or IUP for a better schedule

Reactions: PSU621 and TheGLOV
card00154_fr.jpg

Sandy can’t spin her Rolodex and get Fox involved? a game against a modest P5 would have more TV appeal than a Bowling Green.

the PSU Oregon State game came on short notice, when someone backed out of playing PSU. Around the same time, I was reading the Oregonian paper and saw that Oregon State had the same problem, someone cancelled on them.

I emailed the article link to Tim Curley, noting that Oregon State had an unexpected opening, that they have did a one and done recently at LSU, and it would be cool for us NW alumni. Tim replied in a day noting it was interesting news to him and thanked me for sharing. I always wondered if I put a thought in his head for a replacement. I doubt ESPN came up with the idea of playing that game, most likely both ADs lobbied the network.

And after Sandy pitches her idea, the person on the other end responds "And would you like to tell me why this game wouldn't come under our existing contract with the Big Ten and why we should pay x million more for the rights?"

No reason for us to play a pretend college football team like the pitters. I know we need some tackling dummies for our initial tune-up games so let's just schedule MAC schools. They are the equivalent of the ACC Coastal anyway and, since they aren't pretending that they are major college football teams, they will consent to play all games at Beaver Stadium.

Reactions: PSU621
No reason for us to play a pretend college football team like the pitters. I know we need some tackling dummies for our initial tune-up games so let's just schedule MAC schools. They are the equivalent of the ACC Coastal anyway and, since they aren't pretending that they are major college football teams, they will consent to play all games at Beaver Stadium.
Playing MAC schools is a risk for Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT