ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt now has 5 recruits for 2019

Leslie Smith
SmithNarduzzi2019.jpeg

Am I missing something or are these 2 signaling they are going to either Texas or NC St? ;)

Pitt's not getting a single guy this year that we also want, it looks like. Other than the offensive lineman from BV last year that we were looking at, we're pretty much in different stratospheres nowadays.
Agreed. Pitt has quickly gotten some good recruits to come on board. Pitt fans should be feeling much better now, under the assumption that most or all will stick to their verbal commitments.

PSU's existing verbals and remaining targets are at a very different level than the fine players / young men that Pitt still hopes to land. Pitt is not a serious contender for anyone remaining on PSU's board. PSU has not offered the players for whom Pitt is a serious contender. The two schools are recruiting at different levels these days.

Yet another way to look at it is this - are there any current PSU commits that Pitt could poach if they put on a 100% blitz? The answer is no, there are none. Conversely, how many of Pitt's recruits would PSU be able to grab if Franklin somehow decided that someone could make a major contribution to the squad, he extended an offer, invited that player to the Lasch Bash, etc? Won't happen, but PSU could cherry pick almost at will based on the gap in coaching, prestige, exposure, fan support, and facilities, between the two programs.

So one of Pitt's commits, and probably its best one, has already said he plans to take the rest of his officials?

I'm guessing the LOI he signs won't have Pitt letterhead

Reactions: ELDADDY
So one of Pitt's commits, and probably its best one, has already said he plans to take the rest of his officials?

I'm guessing the LOI he signs won't have Pitt letterhead
Which one? That's a serious question.

Which one? That's a serious question.

Brandon Mack. Chris Peak said Mack was going to take all his visits with a top 5 of Pitt, LSU, Louisville, Kentucky, and Ole Miss. Then committed to Pitt on his first visit but it still going to take visits.

PSU fans are picking on Pitt, they aren't picking on high school kids.

For real? Some of these posts are factual, but every single one is either a direct or indirect insult to the high school kids that committed to Pitt.

Pitt now has 5 recruits for 2019. Narduzzi found 4 of them on the back of milk cartons.

Narduzzi panicked and started offering anyone with a pulse.

with its impressive 2.67 star average

MAC schools are putting together better classes than this

1- unranked kid
1- 2 Star
2- low ranked 3 stars
3 - mid ranked 3 stars
3 - high ranked 3 stars
0- 4 stars

10 recruits. MAC coaches must be pissed.

A 2.67 Star Average is "just fine" if you want want to go 6-6 and finish with the also rans in the ACC.

Am I missing something or are these 2 signaling they are going to either Texas or NC St? ;)

You are missing that the kid's high school's nickname is the Bulls. Kinda silly that Narduzzi would do that knowing it's going out on Twitter. But on the other hand, it got him a lot of exposure -- bad is exposure is better than no exposure.

For real? Some of these posts are factual, but every single one is either a direct or indirect insult to the high school kids that committed to Pitt.
So, if he had a class full of 5 stars, would it be OK to comment on that? No one is slamming the kids personally, but talking about potential and how that potential compares to other recruits, and how the Pitt class compared to other recruiting classes, is fair game. That's what a college message board is for. Not everyone is a Heisman candidate and we shouldn't pretend they are just because it somehow insults your sensibilities when we mention that they aren't.

At the end of the day, the number of kids in Penn State’s and Pitt’s 2019 classes that will actually face each other on the field in a meaningful role is pretty close to zero.

The fact is that, as others have said, Penn State and Pitt aren’t competing for the same kids to fill the majority of their recruiting classes on a year to year basis, save for some kids in western PA. 2019 recruits have an outside shot of ever playing against each other, and 2020 kids won’t ever play each other.

Is Pitt recruiting players of the same kind of national regard that Penn State is right now? No. Do I personally think Narduzzi is a strong recruiter? No. Do either of those things ultimately impact Penn State’s national title chances or long-term program outlook? Not at all.

Its also not a Vacation idea request board, a grill request board, a downspout request board or...
Take a look at the first 20 topics how many are PSU football or even football related in general? Very few.
I guess you could try skipping the pitt topics if they annoy you so much and go right to the last book you read thread.:rolleyes:
The Pitt threads don't annoy me so much that I'm going to ignore them altogether. I do read them because every once in a while there is something relevant to Penn State. I just wish the Pitt posts were limited to those relevant to Penn State. The issue with non-Pitt type non-football posts (vacation, chainsaws, etc.) is that I know right away that the thread about best cigars is not interesting to me.

Some of you need to get a grip on how important things posted on a free messageboard are. I’d hate to be meet some of you in real life. You are insufferable babies

A few comments....regardless of the quality or lack thereof of the kids who committed on 6/17, getting 10 commits in 1 day is unheard of. Kudos to Pitt for this. Given this was the 1st official for the majority of them, will be interesting to see how many of these kids stick, though.

Also, call me crazy, but I was curious what other offers this collective group of kids had. After seeing the lists, it helps to explain why they all committed to Pitt. Not going to compete for any ACC titles anytime soon, with this group as the core of the recruiting class. One can argue how much stars matter, but it’s beyond argument that offers do.

Agreed. Pitt has quickly gotten some good recruits to come on board. Pitt fans should be feeling much better now, under the assumption that most or all will stick to their verbal commitments.

PSU's existing verbals and remaining targets are at a very different level than the fine players / young men that Pitt still hopes to land. Pitt is not a serious contender for anyone remaining on PSU's board. PSU has not offered the players for whom Pitt is a serious contender. The two schools are recruiting at different levels these days.

Yet another way to look at it is this - are there any current PSU commits that Pitt could poach if they put on a 100% blitz? The answer is no, there are none. Conversely, how many of Pitt's recruits would PSU be able to grab if Franklin somehow decided that someone could make a major contribution to the squad, he extended an offer, invited that player to the Lasch Bash, etc? Won't happen, but PSU could cherry pick almost at will based on the gap in coaching, prestige, exposure, fan support, and facilities, between the two programs.
Comedy at its best

Need to start banning people here for starting new Pitt threads.
I think the complainers about Pitt threads should be banned. You're just stirring shite up for no good reason. Freakin' don't read the thread if you don't like it. There are plenty of other threads on various topics to choose from. I'm sick of people bitchin' about Pitt threads.

I don't get that . People see that it's obviously a thread about pitt... They click it and then bitch because it's a thread about pitt .. I don't post in a lot of threads because they don't interest me . I'm not getting why this concept is so hard.
Because they're stupid.

Reactions: GregInPitt
I read the Pitt threads. I’m not against talking about them. I just feel one thread about Pitt is enough. Post new stuff there.

They might get buried quickly, but by creating so many, other threads get buried. The board becomes too cluttered.
Cluttered with Pitt threads? We must be looking at different boards.

I read the Pitt threads. I’m not against talking about them. I just feel one thread about Pitt is enough. Post new stuff there.

They might get buried quickly, but by creating so many, other threads get buried. The board becomes too cluttered.
I just looked at the front page of the McAndrew Board. There are 40 threads in my setup. Exactly ONE is about Pitt. Yeah, that's a ton of clutter.

That is total bullshit. God, I hate defending Pitt's class, but if you are going to attack it, at least be accurate. Rivals, which is, after all, the board we are on, has Pitt up to 33. No MAC school is close. Pitt is ahead of USC, WVU, Maryland, BYU, Arkansas... I am no Pitt fan, but this was a big day for them. Why not talk about our class rather than attacking theirs? I had been off this board for a while because the quality of posts had diminished. I came back. That was a mistake. Yes, I can put people on ignore but that would be damn near half the board. Yes, I could avoid Pitt threads, but they are ubiquitous. It's just easier to avoid the board, and that is what I will do for now. I'm sure I'll check in at some point. After all, I have expensive, poor quality, jerseys to sell. ;) Peace to all.
Of the top 40 threads on the board, currently, only 1 is about Pitt. Like you say, let's be accurate.

Reactions: Hotshoe
I just looked at the front page of the McAndrew Board. There are 40 threads in my setup. Exactly ONE is about Pitt. Yeah, that's a ton of clutter.

At the time this thread was started, the Pat Signal is Up! thread was readily available for posting new Pitt recruiting info. And the Pitt Fans Say the Darndest things thread was on page thirty something and probably still on page one. That's two more Pitt threads than are necessary.

Again, I don't care that we discuss Pitt. I'll discuss Pitt. I just don't see the need to create a new thread for every sub topic related to them.

At the time this thread was started, the Pat Signal is Up! thread was readily available for posting new Pitt recruiting info. And the Pitt Fans Say the Darndest things thread was on page thirty something and probably still on page one. That's two more Pitt threads than are necessary.

Again, I don't care that we discuss Pitt. I'll discuss Pitt. I just don't see the need to create a new thread for every sub topic related to them.
Get over it. Fact is there aren't that many of them relative to the total number of threads.

At the end of the day, the number of kids in Penn State’s and Pitt’s 2019 classes that will actually face each other on the field in a meaningful role is pretty close to zero.

The fact is that, as others have said, Penn State and Pitt aren’t competing for the same kids to fill the majority of their recruiting classes on a year to year basis, save for some kids in western PA. 2019 recruits have an outside shot of ever playing against each other, and 2020 kids won’t ever play each other.

Is Pitt recruiting players of the same kind of national regard that Penn State is right now? No. Do I personally think Narduzzi is a strong recruiter? No. Do either of those things ultimately impact Penn State’s national title chances or long-term program outlook? Not at all.
That presumes we don’t play them in playoffs or bowl game. Lol

A few comments....regardless of the quality or lack thereof of the kids who committed on 6/17, getting 10 commits in 1 day is unheard of. Kudos to Pitt for this. Given this was the 1st official for the majority of them, will be interesting to see how many of these kids stick, though.

Also, call me crazy, but I was curious what other offers this collective group of kids had. After seeing the lists, it helps to explain why they all committed to Pitt. Not going to compete for any ACC titles anytime soon, with this group as the core of the recruiting class. One can argue how much stars matter, but it’s beyond argument that offers do.

10 commits in a day is not something that’s common because most know it’s it has a big chance of blowing up months later. Let’s take a look:

- 10 kids commit
- 14 of the 15 kids were on their first official visit
- most of these kids had pitt as their only official visit scheduled

What does that tell you? Even kids with Bama and Georgia offers want to see other schools.

These kids were not a priority at other schools which is great for Pitt right now. If this kids have solid senior seasons, teams will start to look to fill out their class and you will begin to see if these kids are interested in visiting. Pitt will be left scrambling for replacements. I’d always rather a kid look at other options before choosing the first team that pays attention

Now they're just making shit up.
re: OL Ja'Quay Hubbard:

"Narduzzi is going to steal one from Franklin and Holgersen?"

Only problem? He is 100% cb'd to Mississippi State, and he holds no offer from PSU, or WVU.

Pitt has now landed 12 Dline recruits in 2 years. 5 of them low 3 stars, 4 mid 3 stars, 3 high 3 stars. Do they even realize that other teams in the crappy ACC coastal are dwarfing this? This guy helps run Pantherlair. It’s no wonder why their fanbase is so dumb and seem so surprised when they suck

ADVERTISEMENT