ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt now has 5 recruits for 2019

Leslie Smith
SmithNarduzzi2019.jpeg

MAC schools are putting together better classes than this
That is total bullshit. God, I hate defending Pitt's class, but if you are going to attack it, at least be accurate. Rivals, which is, after all, the board we are on, has Pitt up to 33. No MAC school is close. Pitt is ahead of USC, WVU, Maryland, BYU, Arkansas... I am no Pitt fan, but this was a big day for them. Why not talk about our class rather than attacking theirs? I had been off this board for a while because the quality of posts had diminished. I came back. That was a mistake. Yes, I can put people on ignore but that would be damn near half the board. Yes, I could avoid Pitt threads, but they are ubiquitous. It's just easier to avoid the board, and that is what I will do for now. I'm sure I'll check in at some point. After all, I have expensive, poor quality, jerseys to sell. ;) Peace to all.

As a Pitt fan, I appreciate this post. The truth is, a lot of Pitt fans are obsessed with Penn State, a lot of Penn State fans are obsessed with Pitt. I find it comical when it’s denied.. I enjoy the hell out of the rivalry. And it is that, as much as some people want to say that it’s not. I, along with thousands of fans on both sides will miss it after next year. I’m sorry, but no game against Albany, or San Diego State, can replace it. It was the largest attended sporting event in the city of Pittsburgh’s history. It was what, the ninth most attended game in Beaver Stadium history. But it’s not a rivalry. Come on folks, let’s get real. Penn State fans enjoyed the hell out of blasting Pitt in 2017, just like we Pitt fans enjoyed the hell out of beating the Lions in 2016. Pitt had a great recruiting day on Sunday. Penn State has had a hell of a recruiting year. It will be fun to watch these players develop over the next few years.

As you post on Rivals. So player knowledge is better there but chat is better here. Is the right?

Does that not seem possible to you? This is not merely a football board. This place also discusses lawnmowers, chain saws, the opioid crisis, golf, and crappy expensive jerseys. It touches on swimming pool advice, the Sandusky disaster, boilo manufacturing strategies, and odd quotes from A Christmas Story. Car buying, wrestling success stories, and politics also comes up from time to time. Occasionally, even a football-related post comes along. It is probably the source of the best Pitt jokes in the world.

Is that so hard to understand? It's like going to a diner to have breakfast with old friends, which is very enjoyable. But, you don't only eat there. When you want fine cuisine you head to the better restaurant in town.

14 of 15 were on their first official visit and many from the south. Queue the meltdowns when these kids dec
That is total bullshit. God, I hate defending Pitt's class, but if you are going to attack it, at least be accurate. Rivals, which is, after all, the board we are on, has Pitt up to 33. No MAC school is close. Pitt is ahead of USC, WVU, Maryland, BYU, Arkansas... I am no Pitt fan, but this was a big day for them. Why not talk about our class rather than attacking theirs? I had been off this board for a while because the quality of posts had diminished. I came back. That was a mistake. Yes, I can put people on ignore but that would be damn near half the board. Yes, I could avoid Pitt threads, but they are ubiquitous. It's just easier to avoid the board, and that is what I will do for now. I'm sure I'll check in at some point. After all, I have expensive, poor quality, jerseys to sell. ;) Peace to all.

You seem to do it relentlessly. Look at all the pitt fans liking your post haha. Goodbye.

As a Pitt fan, I appreciate this post. The truth is, a lot of Pitt fans are obsessed with Penn State, a lot of Penn State fans are obsessed with Pitt. I find it comical when it’s denied.. I enjoy the hell out of the rivalry. And it is that, as much as some people want to say that it’s not. I, along with thousands of fans on both sides will miss it after next year. I’m sorry, but no game against Albany, or San Diego State, can replace it. It was the largest attended sporting event in the city of Pittsburgh’s history. It was what, the ninth most attended game in Beaver Stadium history. But it’s not a rivalry. Come on folks, let’s get real. Penn State fans enjoyed the hell out of blasting Pitt in 2017, just like we Pitt fans enjoyed the hell out of beating the Lions in 2016. Pitt had a great recruiting day on Sunday. Penn State has had a hell of a recruiting year. It will be fun to watch these players develop over the next few years.

Such a big rivalry that it ends next year. I argued with fairgambit that maybe to PSU fans who live near Pittsburgh it is a rivalry because of the natural geography. To most everybody else, which is most of the fan base, it is annoying to deal with Pitt and their fans. So you can find it as comical as you want, but it doesn't change a thing. Maybe in 10 to 15 years the "huge" rivalry will continue.

Reactions: bmw199

I’d say about 15% of penn State fans enjoy making fun of (obsessed) with pitt. 100% of pitt fans are obsessed and jealous of penn State.

Let’s take a look at Pitts “big” recruiting day

1- unranked kid
1- 2 Star
2- low ranked 3 stars
3 - mid ranked 3 stars
3 - high ranked 3 stars
0- 4 stars

Can you imagine as a fanbase celebrating that? On top of that it was a lot of these kids first official which means the chances of them sticking if they end up being sought after are slim to none

Btw, pitt is being replaced by auburn, VT, and WVU. Not San Diego st

I'm not sure I've ever seen a PSU fan obsessed with Pitt. Many of us will incessantly make fun of Pitt, trying to mimic your (pitt fan) behavior.... because well... it's fun. I find it comical that it appears you don't even realize what we are doing.

There is no rivalry. There was no extra joy from crushing Pitt last year. There was no extra pain from losing to Pitt 2 years ago, losing any game your team has wrapped up, at the last minute, is painful. It's comical to watch you make attendance arguments. Obviously PSU fans flooded your tiny rental stadium. Pitt is only #8 on the top ten at PSU, but is only there by a measly 53 people. That game will be pushed out of the top ten in no time, and now that the novelty of train-wrecking Pitt has worn off... attendance at future Pitt games would just slowly decrease. I wouldn't be surprised if Pitt is out of the top ten this year.

Reactions: gregoryj95
Just think, if a PSU fan went to the Pitt board to defend PSU, that poster would get banned there.

Reactions: ELDADDY
I’d say about 15% of penn State fans enjoy making fun of (obsessed) with pitt. 100% of pitt fans are obsessed and jealous of penn State.

Let’s take a look at Pitts “big” recruiting day

1- unranked kid
1- 2 Star
2- low ranked 3 stars
3 - mid ranked 3 stars
3 - high ranked 3 stars
0- 4 stars

Can you imagine as a fanbase celebrating that? On top of that it was a lot of these kids first official which means the chances of them sticking if they end up being sought after are slim to none

Btw, pitt is being replaced by auburn, VT, and WVU. Not San Diego st

Go get'em mauti.

You're not insane at all. . .well, maybe a little.

I do appreciate Pitt's recruiting though as it's an educational lesson for me. I get to google a lot of schools I've never heard of to find out where they are.

Just to put this in perspective, Rutgers has a higher average star rating than Pitt and Rutgers class is currently ranked 54th.

Reactions: m48tank and PSU2UNC
Congrats to the young man and his family. Question, do you think its odd that you are allowed to post here, yet civil posters from PSU are banned on the Lair?

According to the Lair every single Pitt poster is automatically banned here so this simply cannot be accurate.

It was a nice day for Pitt, but the reality is that this class is on par with all of Narduzzi's classes. That means it's going to be underwhelming and Pitt is going to struggle to compete in the ACC. Narduzzi is not going to bring in many, if any, blue chip recruits.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Just to put this in perspective, Rutgers has a higher average star rating than Pitt and Rutgers class is currently ranked 54th.
But you're forgetting about how good Narduzzi is at finding diamonds in the rough that other coaches miss and how good he is at coaching these diamonds up so that they dominate that ACC. You can tell that by his record now that the team is mostly his recruits and all of the national awards that Pitt won last year. I fully expect his diamonds to win the ACC and all of the national player awards. :)

Reactions: m48tank
I don't get that . People see that it's obviously a thread about pitt... They click it and then bitch because it's a thread about pitt .. I don't post in a lot of threads because they don't interest me . I'm not getting why this concept is so hard.
It's as easy as this, Pitt is irrelevant. The only thing that makes them relevant is their relationship to us and any attention they get here.

We compare recruiting classes to Ohio State and Michigan, not Pitt. Pitt is a dumpster fire. One that some on this board can't seem to stop staring at.

It's as easy as this, Pitt is irrelevant. The only thing that makes them relevant is their relationship to us and any attention they get here.

We compare recruiting classes to Ohio State and Michigan, not Pitt. Pitt is a dumpster fire. One that some on this board can't seem to stop staring at.

Making fun of them on this board does not make them relevant.

That is total bullshit. God, I hate defending Pitt's class, but if you are going to attack it, at least be accurate. Rivals, which is, after all, the board we are on, has Pitt up to 33. No MAC school is close. Pitt is ahead of USC, WVU, Maryland, BYU, Arkansas...

Using the composite ranking, Pitt is 30th with 11 commitments. The closest non P5 school is SMU at 37th (with 12 commits). The closest MAC school is Miami at 39 with 16 commitments. Then Cincinnati is the next non P5 at 43 with 11 commits and Toledo (MAC) at 45 with 10 commits.

Pitt is doing just fine for themselves. They are right behind Northwestern (25th with 13 commits), MSU (26th with 10 commits), Purdue (27th with 12 commits), Florida (28th with 9 commits) and OK St (29th with 13 commits).

Picking on these high school kids is immature, and plain ignorant. Do you want to know who was rated in the same area as these kids you a insulting? Guys like Troy Apke, Nick Scott, Trace McSorley, Grant Haley, Amani Oruwariye, Jason Cabinda, Mark Allen, Chasz Wright and Torrence Brown.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Season/2014-Football/Commits/

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Says the guy who clicks on every pitt thread and follows me around....

Insane would be your posts during the Sandusky scandal

"Stalking" is unwanted or obsessive attention by an individual or group towards another person. Stalking behaviors are related to harassment and intimidation and may include following the victim in person or monitoring them. The term stalking is used with some differing definitions in psychiatry and psychology, as well as in some legal jurisdictions as a term for a criminal offense.

I don't get that . People see that it's obviously a thread about pitt... They click it and then bitch because it's a thread about pitt .. I don't post in a lot of threads because they don't interest me . I'm not getting why this concept is so hard.

I think that some of these posters that are bitching about, obviously marked pitt topics, are the same ones that go to yahoo, click an article and then bitch about Yahoo. :rolleyes:
I'm thinking they just like to complain.

Reactions: m48tank
My point is that this isn’t a Pitt board

Its also not a Vacation idea request board, a grill request board, a downspout request board or...
Take a look at the first 20 topics how many are PSU football or even football related in general? Very few.
I guess you could try skipping the pitt topics if they annoy you so much and go right to the last book you read thread.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Gnat91
Its also not a Vacation idea request board, a grill request board, a downspout request board or...
Take a look at the first 20 topics how many are PSU football or even football related in general? Very few.
I guess you could try skipping the pitt topics if they annoy you so much and go right to the last book you read thread.:rolleyes:

As mentioned previously, I'm not against non PSU football discussion. But Pitt is ONE topic. It only needs ONE thread. Some others could be combined as well, but that's an argument for another day.

A 2.67 Star Average is "just fine" if you want want to go 6-6 and finish with the also rans in the ACC.

That's a low bar.

Conveniently ignoring the other data I posted. I'll point out again that a bunch of guys similarly ranked coming out of high school played a big role in our resurgence the last two seasons. And while we are competing in the best division college football, Pitt is in the weaker of the two ACC divisions.

Whatever though. My point wasn't to elevate Pitt's recruiting. It was to point out that it's not cool to pick on a bunch of high school kids. If that's what makes your chest stick out though, have at it.

A 2.67 Star Average is "just fine" if you want want to go 6-6 and finish with the also rans in the ACC.

That's a low bar.
Well, the ACC Coastal is a low bar. Pitt's recruiting in recent years is on a par with the other teams in their division with the exception of Miami and Va. Tech.

Reactions: john4psu
Whatever though. My point wasn't to elevate Pitt's recruiting. It was to point out that it's not cool to pick on a bunch of high school kids. If that's what makes your chest stick out though, have at it.

PSU fans are picking on Pitt, they aren't picking on high school kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT