ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt has sold 8,500 of allotted 10,000 student tickets

nittany dave

Dec 1, 2001
Heather Lyke Pitt AD, said during a press conference today Pitt had sold 8,500 of their allotted 10,000 student season tickets. If I'm not mistaken, our approximately 21,000 student season tickets sell out in a matter of minutes. WE ARE!

It is a long walk from dorms or off campus housing to Heinz Field. Maybe they should consider an on campus stadium. :)

Reactions: 91Joe95
They have busses just for students that go from Oakland to Heinz.

This Bus? Looks like more than enough room for everyone.

01_28_05(18-20-16)_horsedrawnbus_xl.jpg

I hope you realize I was being sarcastic.

I would have liked to see all PSU fans stay away from the game at Heinz this fall. Buy exactly zero tickets. Left to themselves, Pitt fans would be hard-pressed to fill 60% of that stadium and the Pitt athletic department coffers would take a significant hit.
Pitt would be $$$ ahead agreeing to a long term 2-for-1 at PSU deal. Thankfully pride won’t allow them to do it and they will just go away.

Reactions: nittany dave
I would have liked to see all PSU fans stay away from the game at Heinz this fall. Buy exactly zero tickets. Left to themselves, Pitt fans would be hard-pressed to fill 60% of that stadium and the Pitt athletic department coffers would take a significant hit.
Pitt would be $$$ ahead agreeing to a long term 2-for-1 at PSU deal. Thankfully pride won’t allow them to do it and they will just go away.
Or better yet, you can just focus on what helps your own team and be happy that the Nits will have such great fan support in a 'hostile' venue.

Reactions: step.eng69
Pittsburgh is an NFL town. Those students by season tickets to the Steelers for $2,500 instead of Pitt football.

Heather Lyke Pitt AD, said during a press conference today Pitt had sold 8,500 of their allotted 10,000 student season tickets. If I'm not mistaken, our approximately 21,000 student season tickets sell out in a matter of minutes. WE ARE!
Just saw on Twitter, if you are a Pitt student, and buy a season ticket, you get a free T shirt! How pathetic!

Is sPitt shutting down the museums that day?

Pitt has charged for student season tickets for a while. They're $25.

Let that sink in. Pitt can't even sell out 10k student ticket packages. For $25. For a game that includes their biggest "rival"

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT