ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Another Yellow Out for Pitt's spring game.

PT7Y3Zm.jpg

Why don't they just tarp off the upper decks... and the end zones... and anything outside of the 40s... and the club section... and the entire East Side of the stadium.

Pitt fans sure have some interesting views on what 12-13k people look like in a 70k seat stadium

Funny, the stadium was 40-50% PSU fans for the last game. Of course, Pitt fans still believe that PSU returned tickets because they couldn't sell them.

Has anyone looked at the box score from their spring game? Pickett was 13-23 for 140 and a pick 6 the other way, 7 sacks. Town 1 for 9 and 6 sacks.

The savior of Pitt football.

Reactions: nittany dave
Pitt fans appear to be getting restless that their staff can’t recruit and are running the program into the ground while Franklin has put Penn State among the elite
Haven't we been saying that for years now? Pitt fans are slow but sooner or later they do catch on.

Reactions: nittany dave
I wish I had my phone to take a picture but, as many schools do, Pitt sent out a camp flyer and NCAA clearinghouse chart to our football coaches at school. Well it just so happens that I am the clearinghouse coordinator for my school so I stopped to look at the chart on the board outside the weight room and .....

Pitt couldnt even get the SAT scores correct for the corresponding GPA. They had a 3.0 GPA only needing a 400 SAT and all GPAs below that were also wrong but yet they still sent it out to 1000's of HS's. Maybe they shouldn't give players summer jobs in the print center..

And here I thought they wanted JF to be at Penn State forever, because he was an overrated fraud.

At least, that is what they used to say on the Lair.
Their favorite term for JF used to be the “Carnival Barker”. No mention of that term any more...I wonder why.

Carnival barker was a very popular nickname that went along with the theme that JF was going to be fired. That went away about two and half years ago.

The more astute Lair posters firmly understand the Pitt recruiting model of swooping in late and landing players who had offers from their dream schools, but in the end, did not get the green light to commit.

Then, there is the select few, that fist and chest bump about the players they land and offers the signees had. They will fight you tooth and nail that all offers are commitable.

Some of them are starting to get it.

pbrad
OK. Its time to stop the kids rape, Paterno thing. The only people who now care are PITT fans who see Franklin cleaning our clocks in recruiting. Parents and athletes DO NOT CARE. We have to stop making excuses. Some staffs are good recruiters and some are not, we have the staff that are not. I'm not saying they are not good coaches, they just cant recruit and that will catch up after awhile.

2 years ago half this board was saying they were glad Franklin was at ped U, now nobody says it because he has proven he can get the best coaches and is a top 5 recruiter in the country. Yet we have posters going back to the child rape thing. let me say it again parents and athletes DO NOT CARE.

pbrad
OK. Its time to stop the kids rape, Paterno thing. The only people who now care are PITT fans who see Franklin cleaning our clocks in recruiting. Parents and athletes DO NOT CARE. We have to stop making excuses. Some staffs are good recruiters and some are not, we have the staff that are not. I'm not saying they are not good coaches, they just cant recruit and that will catch up after awhile.

2 years ago half this board was saying they were glad Franklin was at ped U, now nobody says it because he has proven he can get the best coaches and is a top 5 recruiter in the country. Yet we have posters going back to the child rape thing. let me say it again parents and athletes DO NOT CARE.

It’s progress. Now, if they ever understand the facts of the sandusky case, I’ll be truly floored. They obviously have to crawl before they can walk. I don’t expect to see them walk ever.

pbrad

It's better, but if he was really "getting it" he would have asked them to stop because it never made any sense, there is no evidence of it, and the court cases prove them wrong.

It's better, but if he was really "getting it" he would have asked them to stop because it never made any sense, there is no evidence of it, and the court cases prove them wrong.

Isn’t it interesting that for pitt athletic supporters, the sandusky case is all about football, and for us, it is all about the victims, the facts, and justice?

It’s progress. Now, if they ever understand the facts of the sandusky case, I’ll be truly floored. They obviously have to crawl before they can walk. I don’t expect to see them walk ever.

Honestly, who besides Penn State people who followed really closely believe anything but the narrative that Fina, Corbett etc. put out there at that first press conference? There are people here and on twitter who do a great job fighting the fight, but I think it more likely it will be forgotten than be understood to be false. The powers that be have a vested interest in keeping that narrative going.

pbrad

He says it’s time to stop the kid rape thing but then refers to us as Ped U...typical Pitter.

pbrad

Was he called a Nitter after he posted this? Lol

If they were only civil, one would have to feel sorry for them.

Pitt is a decent school that can provide a good education. It's in a city that has a lot to offer that would appeal to young kids, and yet their head coach has ZERO recruits for 2019 and nearly every other school has at least 1. Pitt's not even listed in the top 89 recruiting rankings for 2019. ZERO recruits.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019/all-teams/football

Their own legacy recruits and local kids don't want to go there. If that isn't telling about their football coach and coaches, their football fans, and their entire football program then what is? They ought to just blow it up, fire everyone and start all over or drop football.

Reactions: denniskembala
I really miss the Captain over there.He was quite entertaining and he had the Lair following him like a cult.I loved his Franklin can't make in game ajustments,Franklin can't keep assistents,Franklin ruined Hack,Franklin's all talk,Franklin's all show.The best of all Psu abused the Clery Act.His favorite quote" Coach Pat is a defensive genius." I hear the Captain runs the souvenir shop at Meadowcroft Village at Avella,Pa since he lost his bartenders job at Whitney's.

This has been linked before but it's always fun to watch that clown make an ass of himself....

Pat Narduzzi is the least charismatic and most boring coach I think I have ever seen in any sport. If you had a video game and you could make your own coach he would have a 0 in the charisma category. The only problem is that where did all of the other points go? You'd think with zero charisma he'd be a 10 in something else.

Pat Narduzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I almost fell asleep tying this about the guy.

Reactions: brupsu and ELDADDY
I really miss the Captain over there.He was quite entertaining and he had the Lair following him like a cult.I loved his Franklin can't make in game ajustments,Franklin can't keep assistents,Franklin ruined Hack,Franklin's all talk,Franklin's all show.The best of all Psu abused the Clery Act.His favorite quote" Coach Pat is a defensive genius." I hear the Captain runs the souvenir shop at Meadowcroft Village at Avella,Pa since he lost his bartenders job at Whitney's.

Two years ago the entire board was talking how they wished Franklin would stay at PSU forever. You don't hear anything saying this now. A matter of fact I would bet they wish he'd leave ASAP.

Pat Narduzzi is the least charismatic and most boring coach I think I have ever seen in any sport. If you had a video game and you could make your own coach he would have a 0 in the charisma category. The only problem is that where did all of the other points go? You'd think with zero charisma he'd be a 10 in something else.

He's pretty good at kissing his players.

He still has some fans.
“Coach Narduzzi was at State and they were looking at me a bit and then when he went to Pitt, they stayed in contact with me. They’ve been sending me letters and I’ve gotten invites to all of their home games. This is the first chance I’ve had to go out there,” said Bird.

Narduzzi knows the Bird family in particular Nolan’s father Matt who’s the long-time coach at Grand Ledge High School (Michigan).

This is Bird’s first time traveling to Pittsburgh and he’s excited to see the city and to see Narduzzi again.

“I love him (Narduzzi). I remember when I went to a Michigan State practice he was high energy, coaches 24/7 and he’s great to his kids and that’s what I love. He’s all about team and he knows how to build a program,” said Bird.

“I’m excited for the visit. I actually told my dad that I want to stay a whole day so I can go see the university and experience the city and everything around it.”

Photo Courtesy- Nolan Bird

At this point, Bird doesn’t have an official offer but is getting interest from school like Pitt.

What will they be saying after their running game gets stuffed and he throws some pics.

The same thing they always say, which is that he was never a D1 QB and that the staff can't recruit a D1 QB. He'll get the Dinucci treatment. They'll be clamoring for Ricky Towne to start.

The Pitt job has been particularly unstable in the past 10 years. Counting interim coaches, six men have been in charge of the program since Dave Wannstedt was fired at the end of the 2010 season. Narduzzi is the third coach to hold the job on a permanent basis since. Todd Graham left for Arizona State after one season in 2011 and Paul Chryst went to Wisconsin after three seasons with the Panthers from 2012-14.

“I knew he was a guy full of integrity here coaching for the right reasons and wanting to be here,” Lyke said at a press conference Friday after the contract extension was announced Wednesday. “So stability is something that we have never had with Pitt with the right people. Why wouldn’t you consider that? … It’s long enough to make a significant commitment. I think Coach has earned it, and his staff has earned it. We want to send a strong message that we want long-term commitment and continuity.”

Narduzzi said he wants to stand by that commitment. This is the Youngstown, Ohio native’s first head coaching job after eight years as defensive coordinator at Michigan State and five other stops as an assistant coach. He carries a 21-17 record into the 2018 season, having taken the Panthers to bowl games in 2015 and 2016 before this year’s campaign.

“I’ve never been a guy looking for a job,” Narduzzi said. “I don’t have an agent, I have a lawyer, I’m not a guy who goes out looking for jobs. … Loyalty means a lot to me. Loyalty’s a two-way street. Me being loyal to the University of Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh being loyal to me. That’s what it comes down to. Ten years would be a dream to be here, and I intend to be here for 10 years. I don’t have any desire to go anywhere else.”

Stability, Narduzzi and Lyke said, can help the program on a number of levels. It certainly helps Narduzzi recruit. The coach said he never worried about the number of years on his contract because as an assistant he was always on a one-year deal, but when recruits ask about stability, they are really asking how long the head coach will be around. Narduzzi said he was asked about his contract status by a parent last week as the extension was being negotiated, and it helped his cause that he could play a voice mail from Chancellor Patrick Gallagher suggesting he wanted Narduzzi to be the coach for the foreseeable future.

But Lyke also hopes to make grander investments in facilities and the athletic department as a whole, and those would be much easier to accomplish with stability in the flagship program.

“I want to build this program,” Narduzzi said. “… I love to build. We’re building a championship university here. We expect to win. This whole building has changed. That’s fun. We have our mark on it. Heather is putting her mark on it in the future with all of the things she’s talking about doing. There’s great things happening in Pittsburgh. I’m excited about it. That’s what gets me going.”

Stay awake for the whole press conference and get a free drink

ADVERTISEMENT