ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Those idiots have three separate threads about the HBO movie on their front page .. They're just talking to themselves repeating the same things over and over again in each thread.

And why should any of us care about them in any way, shape or form?

Those idiots have three separate threads about the HBO movie on their front page .. They're just talking to themselves repeating the same things over and over again in each thread.
Even if all the garbage they say were true......how bad do they suck that they couldn't leverage the situation to move their program forward?Franklin came in and smoked them like they were the program with sanctions. How humiliating.

Reactions: Gnat91 and m48tank

Sean Miller FanBoard of Trustee
Gold Member

I view Penn State as a peer. To me they are not on the same level as ND, Mich, OSU. For local kids, I think we should get 70%-80% that we offer. Narduzzi did that in his first year.

85 Sean Miller Fan, Today at 12:19 PM

Each and every offseason Pitt fans completely forget who they are. They talk themselves into each position unit magically getting better and having diamonds in the rough. During this time, they start to believe its 1976 again. In reality, pitt is much closer to Rutgers and Syracuse than they will ever be to Penn State

Reactions: TheGLOV
Wonder what clued them in? In fairness to Duzz, what does he sell....the game day experience?

10) Park within 50 yds of the Stadium.
9) Everyone can sit on the 50 yd line.
8) No lines to get in or out of the Stadium.
7) No restroom lines.
6) No concession lines.
5) No Big 10(14) officials.
4) We play Thurs so your weekend is free.
3) My wife may invite you back to the house.
2) We are better than Pitt basketball.
1) We have WIFI.....never leave The Lair.

10) Park within 50 yds of the Stadium.
9) Everyone can sit on the 50 yd line.
8) No lines to get in or out of the Stadium.
7) No restroom lines.
6) No concession lines.
5) No Big 10(14) officials.
4) We play Thurs so your weekend is free.
3) My wife may invite you back to the house.
2) We are better than Pitt basketball.
1) We have WIFI.....never leave The Lair.
free beverages and mid game naps

I can’t wait to play Kenny “Shovel Pass” Pickett this year. I’m not sure if the guy threw a ball over 15 yards in the air last year and they are lauding him and the next Dan Marino. Their expectations are way beyond his ceiling which never ends well

Reactions: ELDADDY
I can’t wait to play Kenny “Shovel Pass” Pickett this year. I’m not sure if the guy threw a ball over 15 yards in the air last year and they are lauding him and the next Dan Marino. Their expectations are way beyond his ceiling which never ends well
You mean Kenny Football?

Reactions: ELDADDY
Pickett will be under pressure.

Pitt brought in quarterback Ricky Town from Ventura Community College in California to compete with Pickett, push him for the starter’s job, and serve as a backup with at least some college experience.

But despite all of that, Pat Narduzzi and the Pitt coaching staff haven’t been shy about how the quarterback depth chart stands as of Day One of Pitt’s 2018 practices. Kenny Pickett is the guy.

“Kenny is our guy, but he’s going to get pushed,” Narduzzi said. “There’s competition. … I can’t say that those two [quarterbacks] are both ones right now; Kenny is clearly the No. 1 guy. But, I’ll tell you what, Ricky Town did some great things today. He’s got a nice arm. You guys will be impressed when you get to watch him. He can throw the ball around.”

Despite the fact that Pickett and Town have just one NCAA start between them, offensive coordinator Shawn Watson feels good about his quarterback room right now.

“I feel good about both guys because of who they are and what their football intelligence are and what type of character guys they are,” Watson said. “They want to be great players and they have been awesome in that meeting room. Kenny has been a great help to Ricky and Ricky will ask Kenny questions. That’s what I want in my room.”

For Pickett, it’s a pretty big contrast to a year ago, when he was the freshman in a room full of more experienced quarterbacks. But after Max Browne graduated and Ben DiNucci and Thomas MacVittie transferred, Pickett is now the elder statesman.

Pitt brought in quarterback Ricky Town from Ventura Community College in California to compete with Pickett, push him for the starter’s job, and serve as a backup with at least some college experience.

But despite all of that, Pat Narduzzi and the Pitt coaching staff haven’t been shy about how the quarterback depth chart stands as of Day One of Pitt’s 2018 practices. Kenny Pickett is the guy.

“Kenny is our guy, but he’s going to get pushed,” Narduzzi said. “There’s competition. … I can’t say that those two [quarterbacks] are both ones right now; Kenny is clearly the No. 1 guy. But, I’ll tell you what, Ricky Town did some great things today. He’s got a nice arm. You guys will be impressed when you get to watch him. He can throw the ball around.”

Despite the fact that Pickett and Town have just one NCAA start between them, offensive coordinator Shawn Watson feels good about his quarterback room right now.

“I feel good about both guys because of who they are and what their football intelligence are and what type of character guys they are,” Watson said. “They want to be great players and they have been awesome in that meeting room. Kenny has been a great help to Ricky and Ricky will ask Kenny questions. That’s what I want in my room.”

For Pickett, it’s a pretty big contrast to a year ago, when he was the freshman in a room full of more experienced quarterbacks. But after Max Browne graduated and Ben DiNucci and Thomas MacVittie transferred, Pickett is now the elder statesman.

Bringing in Ricky Town makes perfect sense since Pitt did so well and improved so much with their last former USC Trojan QB.

Do you Pitt guys ever have an original thought and not just cut and paste - really?

Reactions: Gnat91
Do you Pitt guys ever have an original thought and not just cut and paste - really?

Of course they do. Once upon a time, they thought "I'm going to go to Pitt", or even worse "I'm going to be a fan of Pitt sports, even though I didn't go there".

No one in their right mind has those thoughts, so they are by definition pretty original.

It might help them. They got that 4-star kid out of Maryland who decommitted from USCw, and screwed himself to the point where he had to pick from Pitt and Syracuse because he overplayed his hand. There will be others like him that have nowhere to go after the early signing date because they over-estimate themselves.

Of course, this kid fell to Pitt and/or Syracuse for a reason, which the Lair folks conveniently try not to think about.

Reactions: step.eng69
Even if all the garbage they say were true......how bad do they suck that they couldn't leverage the situation to move their program forward?Franklin came in and smoked them like they were the program with sanctions. How humiliating.
They do have sanctions. They are in that shit hole called The Oakland section of Pittsburgh!!

By my calculations based on attendance, that comes to 0.0001 brain per person on average. That puts them higher on a per capita basis than I expected.

wait 1 total brain for 10000 people would be .0001 per person. I see a problem here, they dont have 10000 fans. I am assuming you had to use the closest integer value of brain power to come up with 1 brain for them too.

By my calculations based on attendance, that comes to 0.0001 brain per person on average.

wait 1 total brain for 10000 people would be .0001 per person. I see a problem here, they dont have 10000 fans. I am assuming you had to use the closest integer value of brain power to come up with 1 brain for them too.

I got Woody's point clearly bison. As a gentleman engineer, I prefer not to question another's numbers unless I'm responsible in some way. I think one ten thousandth is a reasonable estimation of average attendance.

Another Yellow Out for Pitt's spring game.

PT7Y3Zm.jpg

Pitt fans sure have some interesting views on what 12-13k people look like in a 70k seat stadium

See Mauti, obsessing over what they are saying on the Lair is the juvenile content you need to stick to.

NHL hockey is adult conversation you aren't ready for yet. Maybe in a few years.

See Mauti, obsessing over what they are saying on the Lair is the juvenile content you need to stick to.

NHL hockey is adult conversation you aren't ready for yet. Maybe in a few years.

You’ve gained all your hockey knowledge from watching flyer failure after failure?

You’re a flyer fanboy who has zero knowledge of the game. Your idea of hockey is fighting and goonery. Here’s a question for you...have you ever seen the Flyers win the cup?

Reactions: nittany dave
Has anyone looked at the box score from their spring game? Pickett was 13-23 for 140 and a pick 6 the other way, 7 sacks. Town 1 for 9 and 6 sacks.

Has anyone looked at the box score from their spring game? Pickett was 13-23 for 140 and a pick 6 the other way, 7 sacks. Town 1 for 9 and 6 sacks.

They think that’s because their defense is going to be great this year. You can’t make this stuff up. It’s hilarious

They think that’s because their defense is going to be great this year. You can’t make this stuff up. It’s hilarious

Mauti fired up!! IT IS HILARIOUS!! Hurry up Mauti, it's been almost 5 minutes since your last Lair visit.

Mauti fired up!! IT IS HILARIOUS!! Hurry up Mauti, it's been almost 5 minutes since your last Lair visit.

I believe you are the one who gets fired up because people post about pitt on a free messageboard.

Now back to the question: HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE FLYERS WIN THE CUP???

ADVERTISEMENT