ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

More Pitt Delusion. No coach and They are signing “studs”

Brandon Stone doesn’t really have very good offers for being the “white Larry Bird”

Pitt is not sniffing Gaffney and he has zero crystal ball predictions to Pitt

Tyrese Samuel does not have the offer list of a stud.

Pitt basketball is dead. Pitt football is dead
Stone is a stud.
There are not many big men in the country with the skillset of Stone, who moves like a guard and rarely looks uncomfortable running the floor. He has great hands on the interior and finishes around the rim. His handle is above average for a big man and on a miss, he loves to push the ball after a defensive board. The mobile post can step out and knock down open 3s.

Brandon can get pushed around at times due to his thin frame, but that should change as he gets older and puts on muscle. He knows there’s work to be done, “I need to improve defensively, my ball handling could get a lot better, I need to get stronger, and my shot needs to get more consistent.” This big man has great upside and will be even more a problem once he begins to shore up the holes in his game.

Stone is a stud.
There are not many big men in the country with the skillset of Stone, who moves like a guard and rarely looks uncomfortable running the floor. He has great hands on the interior and finishes around the rim. His handle is above average for a big man and on a miss, he loves to push the ball after a defensive board. The mobile post can step out and knock down open 3s.

Brandon can get pushed around at times due to his thin frame, but that should change as he gets older and puts on muscle. He knows there’s work to be done, “I need to improve defensively, my ball handling could get a lot better, I need to get stronger, and my shot needs to get more consistent.” This big man has great upside and will be even more a problem once he begins to shore up the holes in his game.

Cool story. I wonder why he is so lightly recruited

Brandon Stone doesn’t really have very good offers for being the “white Larry Bird”

Signing 'duds' might be more like it.

Reactions: marshall23
Stone is a stud.

Yet another copyright violation....

http://www.nextuprecruits.com/news_article/show/771631

Signing 'duds' might be more like it.
Not true, Gaffney is the real deal.
Check out youtube highlights from 6'9" Alonzo Gaffney at the 2017 NEO Elite Camp! Gaffney is considered the number 1 junior in the class of 2019 for Ohio and a top 75 recruit nationally. He recently transferred to Garfield Heights to form one of the most talented front courts in Cleveland. He displayed a nice touch from deep, above athleticism, and runs like a gazelle on the break. Look for the OBC product to make some noise this July at the Adidas Gauntlet.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Not true, Gaffney is the real deal.
Check out youtube highlights from 6'9" Alonzo Gaffney at the 2017 NEO Elite Camp! Gaffney is considered the number 1 junior in the class of 2019 for Ohio and a top 75 recruit nationally. He recently transferred to Garfield Heights to form one of the most talented front courts in Cleveland. He displayed a nice touch from deep, above athleticism, and runs like a gazelle on the break. Look for the OBC product to make some noise this July at the Adidas Gauntlet.

Without a doubt a great prospect.

Without a doubt not going to Pitt

Have to assume any new Pitt coach is watching how the pitt AD is trying to break Stallings contract buyout. Can’t imagine this ends well for their coaching search and the resulting recruiting.

Have to assume any new Pitt coach is watching how the pitt AD is trying to break Stallings contract buyout. Can’t imagine this ends well for their coaching search and the resulting recruiting.

It’s extremely rare that anything ends well for pitt.

Without a doubt a great prospect.

Without a doubt not going to Pitt
He is still leaning Pitt according to my source in Ohio.
He is considered the best player in Ohio, and is now rated 5 stars.
Could win a lot of games for Pitt by himself.
He wants to play against Duke.

From what I hear Tyrese is a Pitt lock.
If Pitt gets him plus Gaffney, they will be back in the dance by 2020.
Depends on what kind of coach they get.

From what I hear Tyrese is a Pitt lock.
If Pitt gets him plus Gaffney, they will be back in the dance by 2020.
Depends on what kind of coach they get.

Sounds like a typical Pitt fan...if, if, if, yet it never happens. Face it, pitt sports are dying a slow death.

Well, it’s that time of the year where you get to read twitter and message boards and laugh at Pitt fans optimism over a team that will struggle to win 6 games. They stare at their depth chart Jan-February and eventually talk themselves into sleepers and breakout players...then the season happens and the meltdown is epic

Well, it’s that time of the year where you get to read twitter and message boards and laugh at Pitt fans optimism over a team that will struggle to win 6 games. They stare at their depth chart Jan-February and eventually talk themselves into sleepers and breakout players...then the season happens and the meltdown is epic

The only thing narduzzi is going to "break through" is the wall like Kool Aid man when he overreacts to some correct call.

In the thread: Chris Clark "steps away from program" for "personal reasons"......

"Obviously doesn’t really want to play football, although I still wouldn’t be shocked to see him surface again at a lower level."

How could there be a "lower level" than playing for a 5-8 team in front of high school crowds?????

Reactions: ELDADDY
In the thread: Chris Clark "steps away from program" for "personal reasons"......

"Obviously doesn’t really want to play football, although I still wouldn’t be shocked to see him surface again at a lower level."

How could there be a "lower level" than playing for a 5-8 team in front of high school crowds?????
Cleveland Browns maybe.

Strange that Coach K seems to have no problem with the hire.
“Pittsburgh just made an amazing hire to lead its men’s basketball program," Krzyzewski said in a press release. "Having come from a proud basketball family, Jeff Capel is one of the most dynamic coaches in the country. He possesses championship-level experience as both a head and assistant coach, as well as distinct knowledge of the Atlantic Coast Conference that will benefit Pitt immediately."

Capel was expected to be a leading candidate for the Duke head coach position when Krzyzewski retires. Krzyzewski has not indicated when that will be.

"I would hope that when my time comes that it’s someone who has played here and has worked for me," Krzyzewski told The News & Observer in December. "And we have a lot of people, including the guys who are on the staff now, where they would understand Duke. And understand the history."

Capel has served as Duke's interim head coach when Krzyzewski has missed time. Last season, Capel filled in for seven games, while Krzyzewski recovered from back surgery. This season, he coached one game, while Krzyzewski recovered from a virus. And in 2016, Capel stepped in for one game after Krzyzewski fell ill.

There is no doubt that Coach K had a conversation with Jeff Capel that went similar to this

“Listen Jeff, we love you here. I’d love you to be my assistant forever, but I know you have aspirations of being the Head coach at Duke and right now You’re not going to be the guy. Duke will not hire someone with your most recent HC track record. You need to go somewhere and prove you deserve to be this guy. I have 3-4 years left, go to Pitt, rebuild your resume, then come home”

Jeff Capel could not quit gushing about Duke in his opening press conference. He wants to use Pitt to get the Duke job.

Regardless, let’s talk about what’s more important...it’s Spring and Pitt footballs season of hope. During this season, pitt players shine against the side of the football that sucks the most. This gives pitt hope that “hey the DLine will be good this year...our oline can’t handle them in spring ball”. This leads to the regular season outcome of Pitt’s DLine not being able to generate pressure and their oline sucking. Kenny Checkdown going to lead them to another 5 win season

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Capel’s value as a recruiter, however, can’t be overstated. Since his joining the staff, Duke’s recruiting classes ranked No. 1 in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018. The Blue Devils also focused more on the elite one-and-done players Calipari has turned into four Final Four appearances and a national title in his nine years at Kentucky.

Duke won the 2015 title with freshmen starters Jahlil Okafor, Justise Winslow and Tyus Jones. This year’s team, led by the aforementioned rookies and senior guard Grayson Allen, finished second in the ACC and came up just short of the Final Four.

“Did this team burn Krzyzewski out on one-and-dones?” asks DeCock. “He may have decided he had to play zone. That doesn’t mean he liked doing it. Despite all the talent in next year’s class, Duke has no senior contributors to lead it. (Junior forward Javin DeLaurier looks like Duke’s most promising leadership candidate.) If you start over every year, you’re not a program. That’s certainly not how Krzyzewski built his program at Duke.”

Pittsburgh is thrilled. Craig Meyer of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote that after Stallings’ trainwreck, Capel provides the Panthers with much-needed hope.

“In Capel, they got just what they needed,” Meyer wote, “someone who could reinvigorate a dejected fan base and start to fill a near-empty Petersen Events Center in the short term while offering a recruiting and talent development prowess that can once again make the Panthers competitive in the ACC in the long term. It’s a sense of reassurance that extends to administrators such as (Heather) Lyke, who said Capel is taking over what she believes to be a top-10 or top-20 job in Division I.”

How this all effects Kentucky remains to be seen. As long as Coach K remains on the job, Duke will be a formidable recruiting foe for any college basketball power, but Capel raised the ante.

Capel’s value as a recruiter, however, can’t be overstated. Since his joining the staff, Duke’s recruiting classes ranked No. 1 in 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2018. The Blue Devils also focused more on the elite one-and-done players Calipari has turned into four Final Four appearances and a national title in his nine years at Kentucky.

Duke won the 2015 title with freshmen starters Jahlil Okafor, Justise Winslow and Tyus Jones. This year’s team, led by the aforementioned rookies and senior guard Grayson Allen, finished second in the ACC and came up just short of the Final Four.

“Did this team burn Krzyzewski out on one-and-dones?” asks DeCock. “He may have decided he had to play zone. That doesn’t mean he liked doing it. Despite all the talent in next year’s class, Duke has no senior contributors to lead it. (Junior forward Javin DeLaurier looks like Duke’s most promising leadership candidate.) If you start over every year, you’re not a program. That’s certainly not how Krzyzewski built his program at Duke.”

Pittsburgh is thrilled. Craig Meyer of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote that after Stallings’ trainwreck, Capel provides the Panthers with much-needed hope.

“In Capel, they got just what they needed,” Meyer wote, “someone who could reinvigorate a dejected fan base and start to fill a near-empty Petersen Events Center in the short term while offering a recruiting and talent development prowess that can once again make the Panthers competitive in the ACC in the long term. It’s a sense of reassurance that extends to administrators such as (Heather) Lyke, who said Capel is taking over what she believes to be a top-10 or top-20 job in Division I.”

How this all effects Kentucky remains to be seen. As long as Coach K remains on the job, Duke will be a formidable recruiting foe for any college basketball power, but Capel raised the ante.
Hey pal there is only room for on serial cut and paster around here and jerot has that one sealed up so p&ss off.

Reactions: bytir

Yes, because Duke and Coach K have nothing to do with kids wanting to go there...it’s all Capel.

Strange that Coach K seems to have no problem with the hire.
“Pittsburgh just made an amazing hire to lead its men’s basketball program," Krzyzewski said in a press release. "Having come from a proud basketball family, Jeff Capel is one of the most dynamic coaches in the country. He possesses championship-level experience as both a head and assistant coach, as well as distinct knowledge of the Atlantic Coast Conference that will benefit Pitt immediately."

Capel was expected to be a leading candidate for the Duke head coach position when Krzyzewski retires. Krzyzewski has not indicated when that will be.

"I would hope that when my time comes that it’s someone who has played here and has worked for me," Krzyzewski told The News & Observer in December. "And we have a lot of people, including the guys who are on the staff now, where they would understand Duke. And understand the history."

Capel has served as Duke's interim head coach when Krzyzewski has missed time. Last season, Capel filled in for seven games, while Krzyzewski recovered from back surgery. This season, he coached one game, while Krzyzewski recovered from a virus. And in 2016, Capel stepped in for one game after Krzyzewski fell ill.
I don’t believe anyone here said it was a bad hire....I guess you had to cut and paste something though.

Okay. PSU has finished top 10 the past 2 years. When was the last time Pitt finished in the top 10?
PSU has the 3rd winning-est program in D1 since 1950. I think Pitt was in the 40s.
I do give Pitt credit for an occasional big win.....Clemson, PSU, Miami. For Pitt...life is like a box of chocolates......but most of the pieces are rancid.

Reactions: PSU621

Sean Miller FanBoard of Trustee
Gold Member

I view Penn State as a peer. To me they are not on the same level as ND, Mich, OSU. For local kids, I think we should get 70%-80% that we offer. Narduzzi did that in his first year.

85 Sean Miller Fan, Today at 12:19 PM

Ok. But, you're not. So what does that tell you, SMF? Not only are you not getting 70-80%. You're barely getting 1%.

Those guys are a mental shit-show.

Gold Member

I view Penn State as a peer. To me they are not on the same level as ND, Mich, OSU. For local kids, I think we should get 70%-80% that we offer. Narduzzi did that in his first year.

85 Sean Miller Fan, Today at 12:19 PM

He also said this:

Gold Member

For the first time since Majors II, Pitt virtually has no chance with any recruit that PSU offers. I really really don't like that

Keep in mind, not only was Capel not wanted as a head coach by other programs, but he wasn't even one of Pitt's first choices.

While he was at Duke, he was offered the job at Georgia Tech and Arizona St and declined both. He said he accepted the Pitt job because of the 'fit', and he and his wife liked the city of Pittsburgh. He also was a Steeler fan. Dan Hurley was Pitt's first choice and only other offer.

Reactions: IIVI and TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT